EA7CAB

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w9vc

EA7CAB

Post by w9vc »

Had placed an ad for wanting to buy a Eico 723 transmitter. Had response from EA7CAB which QRZ.com lists him as being in Spain. Seems rather unusual, so I googled him , and here are several posts that came up. Not saying he is a scammmer, but my outlook says buyer beware. If anyone has positive feedback or knowledge of EA7CAB, maybe they could respond here. 73 to all Bill W9VC
dispatchbob

ea7cab

Post by dispatchbob »

I too have been contacted by him today in reference to my looking for non - working FT-890 Yaesu rigs. I believe caution should be used - may or may not be a scammer. AA8PP Bob
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

Received email this morning - he has excellent condition Yaesu FT-890 and offering it for $200 plus shipping - yeah, right. Takes Western Union for payment also. Stay away!! AA8PP Bob
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

Got an email from him here too.
Funny thing is, this is the first I ever got from the guy. He never offered any "items" prior. He must have forgotten who he was scamming.

"Hello
are you still interested in buying the items,As soon as i hear from you i will email you some details and Pics,thank
ea7cab@gmail.com
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

Send me the radio and if it is perfectly fine I will send you 300$ including shipping costs. The address I want it sent to is my work address Presque Isle County Sheriff Department, 267 North Second, Rogers City, Michigan USA 49779 I know you can trust me but highly doubt I can trust you. I will anxiously await reciept of the radio - hope it works well as you say. Bob
To: Bob Hughes <vulcanriderbob>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- WANTED - NON WORKING FT-8...

thanks for your email..And i have attached a pics of my items for you
to see and still in great Condition and Perfectly OK,with No rust or
dust and well Clean..i will be asking 200$ and i will need your
complete home address and Phone Number to calculate the shipping cost
to your doorstep,My Mode of payment is Via western union or bank
wire,As soon as i hear from you i will email you My payment
information,thanks and Hope to hear from you soon

I replied to him this evening with my work address - wonder if he will follow thru with the deal??? LOL AA8PP Bob
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

It smells like a scam. What really smells is that EA7CAB may or may not even be involved. Yet, it is his name that gets raked through the coals even if he's just an innocent bystander. It's a shame but part of the "game."
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

QTH.COM Ad -- WANTED - NON WORKING FT-8...
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou
Hide Details FROM:JUAN LOZANO TO:Bob Hughes Message flagged Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:55 AM Thanks for your email..But the only way i can proced with this
Transaction,you pay half payment first and as soon as you recieve the
items you send me my balance fee,if ok then will have a deal.thanks

This is the reply I received this morning from him. AA8PP Bob
n2gbt

Post by n2gbt »

dispatchbob wrote:QTH.COM Ad -- WANTED - NON WORKING FT-8...
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou
Hide Details FROM:JUAN LOZANO TO:Bob Hughes Message flagged Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:55 AM Thanks for your email..But the only way i can proced with this
Transaction,you pay half payment first and as soon as you recieve the
items you send me my balance fee,if ok then will have a deal.thanks

This is the reply I received this morning from him. AA8PP Bob
LOL well that seems pretty fair... this way you only get stung for 1/2 the amount.
we need to establish a clearing house for trades and sales- has to be a awy to easily filter these people out
gonna be my project for this year I think