RADIO-MART SALES & SERVICE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Robyn520D

Post by Robyn520D »

Nope... no ham call here... and, you're right, I picked that ID since I have one I'm restoring on the bench this evening.

Nice meeting you!
k0pd wrote:Robyn520D do you have a ham call? I'm curious as you are using for id the name of a 40 channel CB that was fairly popular at one time.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Robyn520D wrote:
WB6VHK wrote:You could prove me wrong in a heartbeat Martyn. List ONE THING on ebay !
Why do you feel that Martyn needs to prove something to you? Sir... neither Martyn, nor anyone on this forum, needs to prove anything to you.

Since you seem to be the self proclaimed Radio-Mart "hater" on the net... please give us the details of all of the transactions you've had with him that you've based your conclusions on. I take it you have been "financially impacted" by Radio-Mart... right?

I will fully admit upfront in my first post here on QTH that I do not know Martyn and have never had a single dealing with him... but this "bickering" that you post several times a day when you've never transacted business with him is... in all respects... quite childish to many of us "lurkers" here on QTH.

And... no... I do not have a call sign... but do I really need one? This is all pretty much common sense.

Here's something for you to do. Contact Ebay corporate and get a certified letter clearly stating that Radio-Mart's account was terminated for improper use. Make sure you get a name and contact info, because this kind of stuff is always "faked' on the net and we're going to have to verify the source. You do all the "leg work" since apparently you have plenty of time and need to convince us with proof. Once verified, I'll join your "camp", but until then you're just another "fly by night" poster making unfounded accusations.

Martyn has a business to run. He's going to have both good and bad transactions especially based upon the volume he does. Let him run it and let him be accountable to his customers for his performance. Every "for profit" business runs in the same manner, so why should Martyn be any different? He certainly doesn't need to be different solely based upon your observations and suggestions.
Finally someone has decided to step up to the plate and show me the error of my ways. I am truly humbled !

And to think you took time out of cooking Martyn his supper to stop and write this .....
R4RT

Post by R4RT »

Let me insert a few words of Russian guy in response to the statements Mr. Allison addressed to me.
That is what he said, nor when it was not, and Mr. Allison will not be able to bring evidence. Especially touching the situation with customs, where I was allegedly asked to fool customs - is false, this was not necessary because Russian law allows such a transceiver to import duty-free.To inquire about this in this situation had to be a complete idiot!
To clarify the situation let's ask Martyn to quote his response to my letter:
>>> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:12 AM
>>> To: Martyn
>>> Subject: RE: Icom IC-7000
>>>
>>> Dear Martyn!
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I am forced to ask for the return of the goods as not
>>> conforming to the description.If it is easy to say it is not decent.
>>> All the inconsistencies I have described in previous reports and
>>> shown in the photo.
>>> Under the description "like new" hits only the top cover the radio.
>>> The transceiver requires a repair, I believe that the replacement
>>> speaker.
>>> If I wanted the transceiver in such a condition could buy on the
>>> website eBay is much cheaper!!!!!
>>> Accordingly, I would like to get back all the money spent related to
>>> the purchase and shipment both ways.
>>>
>>> Alex
73! Alex
Donndon

IF YOU CONTINUE TO BLOCK MY SALES

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

So you agree you do owe money to others,
An idea, try seeing if they will accept some of the items you have in order to settle your debt with them, from what you have for sale, that does not even scratch the surface Don...
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Delete
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

It is called "changing the subject" ...Something Martyn seems to be quite good at.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

[xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Its called free advertising,
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Delete
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

[xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

thanks
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

[xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Deleted, bord with all this
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn:

I find it quite interesting how you claim you have "answered the questions of R4RT ( especially about the Customs ) when obviously you have not.

As for me, I tend to believe his side of the story ( no surprise there right ? ) as he has no reason to lie about this ?

Indecently , another ham ( who also has absolutely no reason to lie ) seems to say the exact same thing .

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... ZVP_tjeVvA
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I think I meant to spell incidentally .........
Donndon

sham on you martin

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donndon

Re: sham on you martin

Post by Donndon »

[xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AH6RR

Post by AH6RR »

N9LCD wrote:I don't know why there's all the bellyachin' about Radio Mart requiring the buyer to pay shipping when returning a rig. I'd say that about 90% of on-line, phone or mail order outlets require the buyer to pay return shipping.

I bought a "nanny cam" for residential surveillance. The seller sent me the wrong unit. I had to pay for return postage and proof of delivery. In return, they sent a replacement. a wrong one again, the same one like the first wrong one. More return postage. For what? A THIRD WRONG UNIT!!!

I ended-up eating about $45 in postage charges to return three wrong units. I couldn't even get my credit card company to do a charge-back; I AGREED TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING WHEN I BOUGHT THE FIRST UNIT[/b]!!!!

READ AND THINK BEFORE DEVELOPING THE "I GOTTA HAVE IT" SYNDROME!.

Who ever said "LIFE IS FAIR"? WIt ain't!

N9LCD
This is what I worte in 2009 about Radio Mart about a deal I did with Mr Martyn not only does he screw over buyers but he tries to do the same to sellers.
"I sold Mr Martyn some used Collins gear that most were for parts I had them on eBay and he told me he wanted the whole lot. So I asked him to make a offer and he did and we agreed on the price after him looking at the pictures and the description. I shipped him the equipment now he wants most of his money back saying that the equipment was useless junk. I had said in the description that most of the equipment was for PARTS and Sold As IS. There was however a KWM-2 with the PM-2 Powersupply that worked a CC-2 case that was in good condition a 30L-1 that just needed a little cleaning and powered up with a variac that should have worked just fine. Over all he got
2 kwm-2's one as a parts radio
2 Kwm-2A's one restorable and one for parts
1 PM-2 powersupply
3 516F-2 power supplies 1 in excellent condition 2 for parts
1 30L-1 amplifier
1 312B-5 extrenal Station console
1 CC-2 Cary Case
All for $2500 plus shipping Now he wants $1500 back I dont think so.
Threatened to cancel PayPal payment and ship all equipment back. I said go a head but he would pay the shipping both ways ($1005) and Paypal fees.
Have not had any contact since. What a Jerk.
I wish I had done some reserch on this clown before I did any deal with him.
Stay Away"
Most of the Items were on fleabay the next week as "Excellent, None Nicer blaa blaa blaa his normal spew. So if you want to deal with this scumbbag be my guest if you ask me he is nothing but the largest scammer in the Ham world. So remember if you buy from him dont complain about him not using some lube becuse there has been plenty of warning for over 6 years now.
Answer that Mr. Martyn :twisted:
K9RLB

Glad you were a winner!

Post by K9RLB »

To all of those giving props - glad to hear you're lucky!

I bought an antenna switch - the picture was tiny, and now I know why - it looked very, very rough up close & in person!

I figured what the heck - so I hooked it up - and just as I dreaded - nothing. Shorted..... so, for my savings of 20 some dollars or so over buying new, I got a used, ugly broken MFJ-1700B.

After about 2 hours of both cleaning & repairing, I finally got it to work almost as it was supposed to, but hey, I saved $20 over new for the paint screpped off looked like it had been drug the who knows what switch!

So now the partially working on some selections switch with scuffed up all over paint hangs on my wall - as a reminder to:
1. Always ask Questions
2. Ask for a bigger picture
3. Ask if it was really, fully tested
and #4, never be tempted to buy from Radio Mart again.

Fo rthose who have had a great experience, I suppose it's like scratch off lottery tickets - someone has to lose for others to win. I obviously lost, and you claim you won..... all I can say is keep buying, and sooner or later you'll end up with an ugly lemon........and if you're lucky you'll be able to repair it so it won't be a total loss.......... I will no longer be buying those losing tickets, so the more for you! Enjoy!
K9RLB

Re: RADIO-MART SALES & SERVICE

Post by K9RLB »

K4RYR wrote::D :D :D Within the last week I purchased a used Kenwood TS-940S from Martyn at Rado-Mart and I am here to tell you that all the bad press that he has been getting is "Totally Unfounded"!!! The radio arrived in beautiful condition and operates flawlessly, it was an excellent deal and I could not be happier with my purchase. So all the previous negative postings about Radio-Mart should be ignored....he is a very valid reseller of ham equipment and very sensitive to the buyers satisfaction!!! Of course there are always those that couldn't be happy no matter what you do for them....and unfortunately we have quite a few of them in the amateur radio comunity!!!

I would buy from Radio-Mart again in a hearbeat!!! He does stand behind his sales and service without a doubt!
I wish you would have bought the lemon I just ended up with!
Maybe next time!