scam alert using call VE7NS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n2gbt

scam alert using call VE7NS

Post by n2gbt »

Now the scammers ARE taking paypal. This was a reply to my looking for a TS950SDX
Using the name Ron Philip and the callsign VE7NS
email is: radiocollector@radiologist.net

I played along to see how this would unfold-- googled the paypal address and theres others who got scammed.

Folks just because the seller has a paypal account DONT feel youer good to go!

If this guy fine tuned this scam a bit- he probably would take quite a few people vs the older scams where MO or WU ONLY is he preferred payment plan./////

10 direct band access keys
Dual digital VFOs with A=B key
Multi-function display and digital bar meter
Ultra-fine (1 Hz) tuning with Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS)
4-step (0, 6, 12, or 18 dB) RF attenuator
Switchable AGC circuit (OFF/AUTO/SLOW/MID/FAST)
All-mode squelch circuit
RM-1 remote function keypad (supplied)
All-mode data communications
Optional IF-232C interface for computer control
All-mode RF output power control
Built-in AC power supply

it is in good condition and work perfectly well..Look clean and excellent..I will be asking $1100 and i will need your home address to calculate the shipping and insurance to your doorstep thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Thanks for your email..My paypal email is mmalta81@gmail.com and as soon as payment is sent,Let me know and i will package and i will ship and i will forward you the shipping tracking details thanks and hope to hear from you soon..

2012 is gonna be THE year for the scammers---heads up fellow hams
Joe N2GBT
lisaheden

Post by lisaheden »

Hmm..I appreciate with ur information.

VPC Support Scam Alerts
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Thanks Joe!

Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145