KG4WWQ - ALERT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4QET

KG4WWQ - ALERT

Post by N4QET »

I purchased a Tarheel antenna and controller from Mr. Norman in June. The whip on the Tarheel was damaged in shipping by UPS. Mr. Norman is responsible for filing a claim with UPS. I have emailed him about the damage and sent a photo. He answers some emails but is only putting me off on sending me a new whip or the funds for me to replace the whip. He does not return phone calls.

Buyer beware. He currently has some current equipment and says he needs the funds. I agree because he owes me money. I have a complete email history of our communications.

It is a shame that a guy will put his honesty in question over $20. plus shipping for an antenna whip.
kg4wwq

Post by kg4wwq »

This post was only brought to my attention recently. Yes, the whip was damaged in shipping. I filed a claim with the UPS store that I use when shipping things. I do believe they even called Mr. Pitchford to confirm the claim. He sent them pictures as well. There was a delay in getting the claim processed due to the owner of the UPS store having open heart surgery. Instead of waiting for the claim to be settled, in August 2011 I mailed Mr. Pitchford $40.00 to cover the whip and the shipping cost. Do you really think I would put my honesty and integrity into question over $20.00???? Absolutely NOT!!!!! I received my settlement with UPS in September 2011 but as I said, I had already sent Mr. Pitchford money to cover the damage out of my own pocket.

The UPS store Info is below if anyone wants to verify my information about why there was a delay in the settlement.

The UPS Store
516 RIVER HWY, STE D
MOORESVILLE, NC 28117
(704) 663-8833

I do not understand why some people would try to ruin someone's reputation even though things were settled. Its really sad.

73's
Mike
KG4WWQ
kg4wwq

Post by kg4wwq »

Here is an old email I found from the UPS Store. Craig Burke is the owner of the store who had to go out for Heart surgery and could not sign the settlement until September 2011. As I have stated above, I sent Mr. Pitchford the $40.00 refund out of my own pocket before I even had my claim settled with UPS.

Michael,

Thank you very much this is just what I needed to finish up the claim. Once I submit the paper work, UPS will send me the funds in about 10 days. I will call you when I have your check available for pickup. Again, I am sorry this item was damaged.

Renee Kimbrough

Phone: 704.663.8833

Fax: 704.663.7193

store2078@theupsstore.com

http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/2078

Shipping and a whole lot more!

Shipping - Packaging - Frieght

Printing - Copies - Notary

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:43 PM
To: Craig Burk
Subject: Re: Proof of value for damaged antenna
Importance: High

Renee,

Please see the link below. This is the package I sold.

http://www.tarheelantennas.com/little_tarheel_ii

Thanks,

Michael

KG4WWQ

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:29 PM

To: 'Michael Norman'

Cc: CRAIG BURK

Subject: Re: Proof of value for damaged antenna

Good afternoon Mike,

I wanted to touch base with you in regards to getting a proof of value for the broken antenna. I have the claim paper work; therefore as soon as I can get the proof I can get your reimbursement. Craig will be out of the office for some time on medical leave so if you have any questions please let me know. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Renee Kimbrough

Phone: 704.663.8833

Fax: 704.663.7193

store2078@theupsstore.com

http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/2078

Shipping and a whole lot more!

Shipping - Packaging - Frieght

Printing - Copies - Notary
W4AJF

KG4WWQ Mike Norman very good to deal with

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, just throwing in my 2 cents and experiences, I have dealt with Mike Norman KG4WWQ a few times, some involved expensive radios, he shipped immediately, sent the tracking number, and equipment was always perfect. He even followed up with me to make sure all was OK. He is the type of guy I personally like to deal with and I buy a lot.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Woodland Hills, CA
K9XR

Updating posts

Post by K9XR »

This is what happens when somebody posts when thay are xxx off and forgets (or neglects) to update their post when the problem had been addressed and resolved.
n0yg

KG4WWQ - ALERT GOOD GUY All the way around!!

Post by n0yg »

I have also had dealings with Mike Norman, a couple of times and he is a very honest about condition of equipment and if any problems arise, very quick to make it right. I would not hesitate to buy from Mike again also good equipment. for sale ! Sounds like someone is trying to ruin Mike over some BS that he took care of out of his pocket then waited for the claim check in order for him to be reinburst. Not many would do that !
n0yg Robert
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

over a 20$ item... :lol: Hams sure are a strange bunch...lol