WHAT REALY TICK'S ME OFF

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
wa4cch

WHAT REALY TICK'S ME OFF

Post by wa4cch »

i realy get pi#**% off when i find something for sale and send e-mail to seller telling him i would to like buy his item but i never hear from him send another e-mail and still no answer maby he has sold it but HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO SEND AN E-MAIL SAYING SORRY - SOLD ????

thx chuck my 2 cents
VE2AMN

What ticks me off.

Post by VE2AMN »

I have to agree with you, Chuck. But the other way around....
I`ve sold many things, usually in response to a want ad, and after the guy e-mails that he`s buying, asks your address for payment, then ....nothing!

I have a radio that is packed and addressed since early 2004, and mr Marlan Gero has forgotten.
Happens, once in a while. I suppose that it`s too much work to e-mail that you`ve changed your mind, or found a better deal.
I fully understand that if a better deal can be had, and nearer to home, a fellow might change his plans.

But....please say so! It`s no crime, no one is gonna sue you!
It is just being civilized......
Gilles, in the great white north..
w3nrl

i agree

Post by w3nrl »

guys i have to agree with you on both side of the coin, this has happened to many, many times. I am sell some things now and the emails who wants to buy and want my address and say the are sending the funds,,, well that was 3 weeks ago and they dont respond to your emails asking if they are still wanting the item..
So yes i do agree
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick
W4FJF

BUYING ON THE INTERNET

Post by W4FJF »

When I buy on the internet, and I say the money order is in the mail - IT IS. I don't play any cat and mouse game to see if the seller will ship first, then mail the money to him. A Western Union or postal money order is all I'll use, or accept, no "Paypal" crap or credit card. I hate Paypal and don't and won't tolerate credit cards. My money comes hard and the fees these outfits charge aren't tolerated.
As far as listing your equipment on both QTH, and EBAY at the same time ( I know, its YOUR stuff and you can sell it anyway you want) I consider it is not for sale on QTH when I see the words "see my listing on Ebay". I suggest that you list it on QTH first, then if you have no buyers here, then list it on Ebay. Give us guys a chance at it here first (those of us who won't pay the runious charges that the credit card companies levy would really appreciate it !) . My wife and I paid off our credt cards in 1997, and won' have anything to do with them anymore. Those miserable bills coming every month were ruining our marriage. Now they are long gone and things are just dandy between us. We feel free, all we have are our utilities and a small mortgage to pay, and lots of extra money for our toys. Try it, betcha you'll love the feelings you have when you don't have all those credit cards to pay each month! I've been able to buy more amateur gear w/o the cards!
So these are my pet peeves that really tick me off !
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!