Beware Donald P Pinson (W6HFS) He got me too !

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Ka1cde

Beware Donald P Pinson (W6HFS) He got me too !

Post by Ka1cde »

All,

I traded a Icom 706 MK2G, an Ameritron ALS 500 amplifier, and a High Sierra Side Kick antenna. We agreed on trading his brand new Icom 7000 for this package described above. When I mail mine he was suppose to mail his.

Well I mailed mine on Jan, 6, 2012, sent pitures of all pakages in US post office with shipping labels and real tracking numbers that worked.....

Next Don said he did not mail it, he just "spaced" , spaced ?

He said he would mail it out shortly, then he said the Post Office is not open on Sat (small town he says does not open on SAT) where he lives but would mail it Monday.

I shipped all my stuff on Jan 6th, 2012....,it arrived Jan 9th, 2012.

Then he said it arrived all broke, nothing worked and sounded like rattling. I told him to send it back I would re imburse him his cost of shipping, he said he had not shipped the Icom 7000 like he said and was glad because all my stuff arrived broken with no visable damage to any outside of the boxes, so I must have shipped him that way.

I told Don everything works, the Ameritron front light don't come on till keyed, but if he poweres it up and drives it with 35 watts everything works perfect. The rattling sound came from disconnecting the large whip off the base of the antenna when he screws in the whip it will be fine. And if he sends it back, it would be fine, I would repay his shipping cost....

He later (that same day) said he did try everything and it did indeed work fine he just jumped the gun?

He said he would mail my radio the next day.... I waited..and waited....... I finally asked for a tracking number, he finally gave me one, but the document he showed was not the real papers from the post office but a paper saying he paid $14 to ship and insure, but the US Post office told me that does not mean it was shipped, rather he may have just been getting to ship it......No trace of any radio????

I asked the US post office to track it, since he said he shipped it, NOT one place between Massachusetts and Washington was there any evidence it was tracked or shipped>

Even automatated package tracking showed nothing...NONE--- nothing !

The US Post office said this is not good for me.........I told them what I had been going through.....

I told Don to file a claim with his local post office and file that the package was missing, I told him he needs to initiate the claim for being lost, as he was the one who mailed it. I again requested my radio equipment back and Stated I would pay all return shipping fees. The Post Office told me he needs to file the claim since he was the shipper ( or so Don said)

Over and over many e-mails asking, requesting, sometimes he seems like he don't know what I am talking about, then says I need to look, sometimes he says its not up to him??

This write up is actually very brief of all the e-mails I have sent back and forth with W6HFS DONALD P PINSON

So far nothing, OHHH Don says he is going to leave the post office stuff up to me he says he don't know anything, so I guess I was " had " by W6HFS Donald P Pinson

W6HFS
Donald P Pinson
21321 104th ave e
Orting, Wa. 98360

360-893-0903

donalddorting@aol.com

Don't do business, beware, I lost about $1200 for my stuff with shipping, oh yeah I sent it Priority and issured everything for $1200.00, expensive lesson to learn doing doing business with W6HFS is bad business and he is ripping others off too......Read the forum, wish I had before dealing with him.........

Others who had bad deals and contacted authorities please contact me, so I too can call the same people and plead my case also......Maybe if the authorities hear from enough, they may look into it.......

Ka1cde
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

Dont worry pat we are all in this together. Check your email. I have filed my first reports. Now several other areas need to be contacted. This guy owes me $1025. I have others that have contacted me as well. I am adding them to reports as well.
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

Let the law deal with don
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

If there is anyone else who is having difficulty in dealing with donald pinson of orting washington please send me a message. The list has grown and we are all coordinating efforts. Many things are now in progress
birddog01

Post by birddog01 »

anyone talk to don
birddog01

Post by birddog01 »

Yes Don I am going to keep these post on the front page so no one else will ever buy from you!!!
KF5IPV
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Deleted, fed up with all of this
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
birddog01

Post by birddog01 »

anyone hear from don
birddog01

Hear anything

Post by birddog01 »

Anyone ever get their money back or see anything you bought
kk9a

Now AA7DP

Post by kk9a »

In March W6HFS changed his callsign to AA7DP