ts 2000 for sale- use caution

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n2gbt

ts 2000 for sale- use caution

Post by n2gbt »

theres a ts 2000 for sale- the callsign/owner is definately a german person but when I replied in german(I speak German) its clear they dont speak german- looking for a WU payment ONLY- excuses for not taking paypal- they state they had a problem with paypal- never received payment for a radio they sold- I asked why would you ship something and not wait for paypal payment first- no plausible explanation
sent a form for shipping including my country--- claims theres others in line for the radio- if youre one of these people " in line" for this radio use caution on this sale
Joe N2GBT
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

I know hinnerk i have talked to him on a local repeater here. I dont think he listed all these items. I think he only has a mobile hf setup as he cant have antennas in his condo. Scott i would look at all ads listed by kc2wau i dont think this is him. Hinnerk is definately german i know that. Something is not right with all ads listed with his call
n2gbt

Post by n2gbt »

AK4NT wrote:I know hinnerk i have talked to him on a local repeater here. I dont think he listed all these items. I think he only has a mobile hf setup as he cant have antennas in his condo. Scott i would look at all ads listed by kc2wau i dont think this is him. Hinnerk is definately german i know that. Something is not right with all ads listed with his call
this guys is using the name Jerry- I asked him in German if he is Jerry or Hinnerk and he didnt know what I said- I asked for a contact phone number and was told- its better if he called me

the other ad on here was the yaesu 736R-- the guy selling it had scam alarts galore- when I insisted on payal- no reply.

I post this only because its inevidable someone will get taken and hopefully they do as I do- take a moment to do some homework and check here also just in case theres a heads-up alert
KG0WX

KC2WAU

Post by KG0WX »

Here is another suspicious item offered for sale - an Icom IC-756PROIII for
$1500? Of course I contacted him to pin him down:

1) He only takes WU - big flag there!
2) His name is Jerry Anderson, not right.
3) His email is KC2WAU@GMAIL.COM - an anonymous email !
4) I got his Phone # +447035965696 - In england!
5) After I got him pinned down his ad suddenly dis-appeared.

I think I'll pass on this SCAM

Ken KG0WX
n2gbt

Re: KC2WAU

Post by n2gbt »

KG0WX wrote:Here is another suspicious item offered for sale - an Icom IC-756PROIII for
$1500? Of course I contacted him to pin him down:

1) He only takes WU - big flag there!
2) His name is Jerry Anderson, not right.
3) His email is KC2WAU@GMAIL.COM - an anonymous email !
4) I got his Phone # +447035965696 - In england!
5) After I got him pinned down his ad suddenly dis-appeared.

I think I'll pass on this SCAM

Ken KG0WX
same first name as the Kenwood TS2000 item AND same email address
I must have missed that one!! Good catch
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I had the items removed, they were all fake and western union was one give away, the sellers name was another and his broken English in his email was another.

:)