KO4KV KB3FGU Tony and Joanna Cannuli - Warning

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w6nr

Post by w6nr »

In December 2002 I overnighted a money order for a TS-2000 advertised on Eham.net. . After a week of poor communcatiing he promised to ship it right out. On the way to the shipper it was supposedly stolen from his van along with another TS-2000 he sold to another ham from the same ad! Of course he already spent my money as well as the other victims money. As of today I have received 25% of my money back and the other ham has received zero. His phone is now disconnected and he does not respond to email. Contact me for more details if you have been involved in any deals with him or his 'wife' Joanna KB3FGU.
wpuk714

The Cannuli's

Post by wpuk714 »

I also had dealings with these crooks about a year ago. Bought a mic from them or him - was supposed to be in excellent condition - received a piece of junk. Knew I was in trouble when I opened the package - old clothes were used as packing materials. When I complained, only got insulting comments about me being a disgruntled old-man. Put comments about these people at eham.net and qrz - I think what I wrote is still on these sites. They were in South Carolina I think when I got "taken" by them. Last I heard they were in Florida. Avoid these crooks - they both should be in jail.
w6nr

KO4KV One year anniversary of Tony Cannuli stealing $2100

Post by w6nr »

One year has passed since Tony Cannuli, KO4KV stole $2100 from myself and Greg, KB5SIT. His phone number in North Carolina is 828 242 3019.

He has a habit of returning every year or so and stealing money from unsuspecting hams.

Avoid any dealings with him or his wife Joanna KB3FGU.

Email me for details if you wish.

Norm W6NR
w6nr

Post by w6nr »

Coming up on 2 year anniversary of ripoff.

Posting reply just in case he resurfaces and tries to sell again!
WV4I

These folks MO

Post by WV4I »

Don't know how they scammed W6NR, but Tony, KO4KV, or whatever/whoever he really is, wantted me to send money for an antenna to his alleged wife at a different address from his call book address. Fortunately I smelled something and told him no deal under those circumstances. He raised hell via email but too bad. Never send money to a private 3rd party for a purchase of something the 3rd party never advertised for sale!
w6nr

KO4KV scam now has passed the three year mark

Post by w6nr »

Three years since KO4KV has stolen money from two hams who bought the same non existent TS2000. He has made himself invisible.

I am posting this to make sure nobody forgets about this scum.
Last edited by w6nr on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W4PIG

a

Post by W4PIG »

done
Last edited by W4PIG on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

W6NR de K9FI ---

You know...there may be a way to clip this guy's bad habits. If one is able to reverse-track him via his previous known addresses, ham callsigns, and phone numbers, perhaps it may be possible to determine his social security number.

With all of that information, maybe, just maybe, you could get the postal authorities, FBI, and the IRS involved. Since he "gained" income by scamming you, my guess is that he did not report that money as income...you have traceable and verifiable information that he did "make money", and more than likely did not pay taxes on it.

Remember how Al Capone was busted? Hopefully, you can burn this bast**d worse than he burned you!

Good luck Norm!

73!
Jim, K9FI
:!:
w6nr

Post by w6nr »

I actually hired a collection agency and they could not find a Social Security number for either one of the Canulli's. A detective in the Florida city this started in interviewed them and received a promise to pay. I received $300 from that situation and then they both vanished. KO4KV's license is still in the FCC database with a PO box. Hopefully. some day these two scam artists will meet their fate.
n9ee

KO4KV

Post by n9ee »

On our traders net tonight, Sunday, Jan 29, 2012, on our local Tampa Bay, Florida repeater had the following listing:

KO4KV, who is wanted by several hams for QTH and QRZ SCAM listed some TenTec stuff
His number is 772-519-8885

I have not info on this person, just that he checked in and listed a number of Ten-Tec items.
NY7Q

CANNULI

Post by NY7Q »

BOTH CALL SIGNS ARE EXPIRED.
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
EW1

Post by EW1 »

Attention: RE: Tony Canulli
He is in Tampa, Fl
He lives on the west side of town
approx Dale mabry and Swann Av.
likes to meet in parking lots, etc.
Drives a blue Chevy suburban with a shock
hanging down left side. No known adress.
Same phone # as last post

Good luck!