On using matched power tubes

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
wb3cez

On using matched power tubes

Post by wb3cez »

This topic has no doubt been discussed here before, but I haven't been around long enough to have seen it. I have been reading on various blogs debates regarding the need for matched power transmitting tubes. Some people seem to think it is absolutely necessary while others say no. Case in point is an amplifier using two 572b tubes. The case for matched tubes centers around the differing bias ratings between tubes even of the same make and manufacture date. Having used mismatched tubes for years, I have never experienced any problems with the 572b tubes. Some people believe certain amps operate more efficiently with matched tubes while other types of amps show no ill effects with mismatched tubes. Any thoughts....?
ae6zw

Re: On using matched power tubes

Post by ae6zw »

http://www.w8ji.com I beleieve he designed many of Ameritron AMP, his web site contain a lot of information about amplifier.