KI6ECA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc9dz

KI6ECA

Post by kc9dz »

EVERYONE SHOULD BE ON LOOKOUT I GOT TOOK FOR 117.00
REAL FRIENDLY EMAILS UNTIL MONEY TRANSFERRED THEN NO CONTACT AT ALL WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS

KI6ECA
Julia Y Ruell
636 E California Blvd -5
Pasadena, CA 91106
United States
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

You do not say how long since you sent the money.
Larry Huff K0pd
kc9dz

Post by kc9dz »

western union instant money order over two weeks ago
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Have you tried calling him as if you put his call in the search box here you will see he has a good reputation. There are a lot of people scamming and using anothers call. My boo boo as i ran your call instead of the KI6 call.Your good to go but Julia looks to be dishonest.
Last edited by lhk0pd on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Huff K0pd
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Wow - FWIW - you aren't alone! SEE: ki6eca julia ruell - October 27, 2011 - 06:25 PM
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Boy do i feel stupid i guess i forgot to take my smart pill yesterday. Ray i ran your call in search that is why all the good reports. So it appears from what KE3W has shown that you may have been scammed,so hope you used pay pal as that way you have a chance to recover your money.
Larry Huff K0pd
kc9dz

Post by kc9dz »

thanks larry no i was stupid and sent money by western union
from people emailing she has been on amatoer radio site offering equipment and wanting paid with western union , most guys figure it out quick but i guess i trust other hams to much
ray
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Ray no need to call your self stupid because over a year ago or close to it i sent $800.00 via pay pal to a person claiming to be selling a KW 2000 that it turned out was using a stolen call. Fortunitely i got suspicious after he stopped immediately responding to my E mail and then tried calling the number which i should have done at the beginning he gave which turned out to be in Las Vegas and non Working. I then called the owner of the call and he called Pay pal whom i had sent the money through and told them what was happening then he in turned told me to call them and luckily i got my money refunded to my account while oh the phone with them. Believe me i was more happy than you can realize that it turned out well. I believe it was Scott who said later that the scammers internet info showed him to be in Australia. So your not alone and i hope some how you get your money back.
Larry Huff K0pd
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

uote="kc9dz"]western union instant money order over two weeks ago[/quote]

WESTERN UNION ?????????
N0ISV

western union????

Post by N0ISV »

Its best to NEVER use western union! For most Hams...its a rip off?
PayPal is getting worse too, but I like my funds to get to the seller ASAP! There is alot of up charging 3%-6% by Hams who use PayPal, and this action is against their policy!
With the USPS going out of business soon....not much left?

Good faith between most HAMS is very important!

Wayne-N0ISV