KG4RVX Michael Woods

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kg2ms

KG4RVX Michael Woods

Post by kg2ms »

HI THERE...THIS IS KG2MS....PLEASE MAKE SURE NOT TO HAVE ANY TRANSCTION WITH KG4RVX - MR. MICHAEL WOODS - WHO WILL PAINT A VERY GOOD PICTURE OF HIMSELF & THEN WHEN THE TRANSCTION IS ALL DONE & AWAY FROM HIM, THAT'S WHEN HE TURNS TO BE THAT OF A RIP-OFF PERSON THAT HE IS.

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A TW4000A RADIO FROM HIM THAT HE CLAIMED WAS WORKING WELL OR 100% AS HE SAYS BUT, WHEN I GOT THE RADIO, THE VFO WAS ALL BANG UP, THE BUTTONS ON TOP I LATER DISCOVERED WAS SMASHED-IN & COULD NOT BE USED. PRESENTLY. THE RADIO IS SITTING IN THE CLOSET & TO TOP IT ALL OFF, MR. MICHAEL WOODS NEVER INSURED THE RADIO THAT HE CLAIMED HE DID. THE MAN IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE, THAT ONLY DAYS AFTER HE MAILED THE RADIO BY GROUND, HE CAN NOT FIND THE RECEIPT THAT HE PAID FOR INSURING THE RADIO, WHAT A SCAM ARTIST. DONOT ATTEMPT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM.....I ALMOST FELT LIKE GIVING HIM BACK THE RADIO SO HE CAN HAVE THE MONEY & RADIO AS WELL..

ANY MORE INFORMATIN CAN BE HAD FROM ME VIA EMAIL ABOUT KG4RVX.

THANKS FOR READING ..... KG2MS
Michael Woods

One side only

Post by Michael Woods »

Ask LaLL why he didn't pay as directed to. And about threats by phone and email. Also isn't slander against the law ? One more thing his posts have been deleted off the other boards for statements made check hamster shack for ratings. Best stay away from Lall unless you like harrasment.

P.S. The radio did work 100% the night before it was shipped and there are locals that can back up this statement. And one more thing, I am not responsible for whoever dropped the radio after it left here.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

What about the insurance?

Post by KA9FOX »

Michael, if you paid for insurance, then you need to find your receipt and work with him to get the shipper to pay for the damage. Or you need to pay for the repair or refund the money yourself, if you can't find the receipt.

What am I missing???

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
wr0t

Damaged rig

Post by wr0t »

Scott, I agree. The responsibility for the equipment lies with the seller or if insured with the carrier. In the event of damage, the buyer should have notified the seller at once so a claim could be filed and the item inspected by the carrier.

If much more than a day passes, it is a lost cause with the carrier.

Now as to a refund to the buyer if not insured, this is where it gets sticky. I was a nice guy and refunded 500.00 for a rig that was supposed to be DOA and had not worked in years that was fully tested before shipment.

It cost me 500.00 and no rig..........

If a refund is to take place, I would suggest that the rig be sent to a 3rd party to which the buyer and seller agree on and the refund also sent to the same place and when the 3rd party receives the rig, the money can be sent to the buyer and the rig to the seller.

I know it sounds strange but it is the ONLY way I will ever do a refund again.

I make the buyer aware of this policy up front and it is not agreeable, then NO SALE. Better to be safe than sorry.
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
Michael Woods

First time a deal has gone sour

Post by Michael Woods »

TO Everyone on this board. I have done quite a few deals over the years on trader boards and have never encountered a fellow like this Lall. The radio was 100% mechanicaly and electronicly when it was packaged and shipped. When Lall received it he started with his threats first by phone and than by email say something was going to happen to me if I didn't straighten this out right then and there. First of all I don't take personal threats lightly . Secondly if he would have called and spoke like a civilized person this problem would have been resolved quickly. Thirdly Lall made mention of the vfo shaft only being bent to begin with so where were all these other damages that are now appearing ? I tried to respond to him to get this thing resolved and all I received as replies were THREATS so i treated this like a nat. One more thing to end this once and for all its to late for crying now Lall tried to stormtroop me and got the same resistance that the iraqis did from me in 91 the only difference is he still lives so it does not matter now what is said I have made enough people satisfied over the years and I can sleep at night. I even went as far one time to help a guy out that had dropped the radio himself before it was even unpacked just be cause of the way that deal was handled. BUT NOT THIS TIME.
AND I TO FLY THE FLAG PROUDLY!!!
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi again, Michael. It sure doesn't sound like Lall handled himself correctly in trying to work out a solution to this problem.

One thing that I asked about, that you did not comment on, is... what's going on with the insurance? Did you insure the item like you told Lall... or didn't you? If you DID insure it, and the damage was caused by shipping, then this problem should have been easily resolvable.

If you insured it, but can't find the receipt, even if Lall isn't treating you right, it would appear to be your burden to take care of this problem.

My two cents.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
tim46120

MICHAEL WOODS

Post by tim46120 »

WELL MR. MICHAEL WOODS TRIED TO STRIKE AGAIN. HE WANTED TO BUY A PARTS RADIO FROM ME,WE MADE THE DEAL,AND EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD,THEN MIKE EMAILS ME AND WANTS TO KNOW IF ILL WAIT TILL MONDAY FOR HIM TO SEND THE MONEY,I TOLD HIM NO PROBLEM. TUESDAY HE EMAILS ME AND TELLS ME HE WONT BE HOME TO PICK-UP THE RADIO BUT HIS FAMILY WILL BE. THATS THE LAST I HAVE HEARD OF MIKE,NOW HE WONT ANSWER EMAILS ,DOSE HE THINK I FELL OFF THE TURNIP TRUCK LAST NITE,NOT QUITE. I HAVE HAD MANY GOOD DEALINGS ON QTH,AND PLAN ON HAVING MORE,BUT NOT WITH THIS GUY,HE DIDNT GET ME,AND I HPOE HE GETS NO ONE ELES. TIM CONNER
Michael Woods

Tim Conner 46120

Post by Michael Woods »

I just got back into town saturday night from a contract I was working and I guess tim thought I was lying to him. I am sorry if some of us have to work for a living even if that includes traveling out of town for a few days at a time. I told tim I would check into the matter with the postal money order. And I don't know what he is talking about I GOT HIM, He still has the radio and I don't know where the money is yet. One of his emails said he was going to sell it to smoeone else so I guess I will put a stop on the money order unless it has been cashed then it will be fruad. Last time dealing with a non ham.
tim46120

MIKE WOODS

Post by tim46120 »

NO MIKE YOU DIDNT GET ME,BUT LIKE MANY RADIO SHOPS DO IM NOT WAITING ON YOU ANY LONGER,OUT OF TOWN ,WELL HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE TO MAIL A MONEY ORDER. NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH YOU WITH A RECORD LIKE YOURS EVEN A NON HAM THAT HAS A SHOP.FACE IT PAL YOU HAVE DONE IT TO YOURSELF.
Michael Woods

real bad record

Post by Michael Woods »

I keep forgetting that one deal gone sour marks a person for life. Then you get the others that want their french cries and weiniken from the buffet. Well tim don't worry the money order got cashed in indianapolis so that matter is being looked into. Furthermore you don't know my record from close to three decades of deals on radios. Besides it only took one day to mail the money order but it is kind of hard to get your email from a place where you don't have access to a computer for two weeks. Once again I am sorry that my earning a living interfered with your life. So just to put and end to this once and for all to everyone out there I AM SORRY AND I GUESS I CAN'T WORK WHEN I AM MAKING A TRANSACTION ON A RADIO (I didn't relize that was one of lifes rules). To the gentlemen that is buying tims radio good luck and you might want to overnight the payment . One last thing it would be nice for all the facts to be gathered before coments are made. Tim posted his message 5 days before I could even respond to his email.
tim46120

Post by tim46120 »

WELL MIKE,NOT EVERYONE TAKES 2 WEEKS TO BUY A RADIO,WORKING OR NOT,YOU CANT TELL ME THAT NO ONE IN THIS BIG WORLD CAN CHECK ON THINGS FOR YOU,IF THATS THE CASE THEN MAYBE YOU NEED TO GO TO A SHOP AND BUY RADIOS,AS FOR YOU MONEY ORDER,I LIVE ABOUT 80 MILES FROM INDY,MAYBE YOU DO NEED TO LOOK INTO THAT,IT WASNT ME THAT CASHED IT.THE WORLD DOSNT STOP JUST BECAUSE YOU WORK,AND ANYONE WITH ANY SMARTS WONT WAIT ON YOU FOR 2 WEEKS.
ke5oah

Re: MIKE WOODS

Post by ke5oah »

tim46120 wrote:NO MIKE YOU DIDNT GET ME,BUT LIKE MANY RADIO SHOPS DO IM NOT WAITING ON YOU ANY LONGER,OUT OF TOWN ,WELL HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE TO MAIL A MONEY ORDER. NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH YOU WITH A RECORD LIKE YOURS EVEN A NON HAM THAT HAS A SHOP.FACE IT PAL YOU HAVE DONE IT TO YOURSELF.
Mr.Woods has a problem doing bussiness in a timely matter.
ke5oah

Re: KG4RVX Michael Woods

Post by ke5oah »

kg2ms wrote:HI THERE...THIS IS KG2MS....PLEASE MAKE SURE NOT TO HAVE ANY TRANSCTION WITH KG4RVX - MR. MICHAEL WOODS - WHO WILL PAINT A VERY GOOD PICTURE OF HIMSELF & THEN WHEN THE TRANSCTION IS ALL DONE & AWAY FROM HIM, THAT'S WHEN HE TURNS TO BE THAT OF A RIP-OFF PERSON THAT HE IS.

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A TW4000A RADIO FROM HIM THAT HE CLAIMED WAS WORKING WELL OR 100% AS HE SAYS BUT, WHEN I GOT THE RADIO, THE VFO WAS ALL BANG UP, THE BUTTONS ON TOP I LATER DISCOVERED WAS SMASHED-IN & COULD NOT BE USED. PRESENTLY. THE RADIO IS SITTING IN THE CLOSET & TO TOP IT ALL OFF, MR. MICHAEL WOODS NEVER INSURED THE RADIO THAT HE CLAIMED HE DID. THE MAN IS SO IRRESPONSIBLE, THAT ONLY DAYS AFTER HE MAILED THE RADIO BY GROUND, HE CAN NOT FIND THE RECEIPT THAT HE PAID FOR INSURING THE RADIO, WHAT A SCAM ARTIST. DONOT ATTEMPT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM.....I ALMOST FELT LIKE GIVING HIM BACK THE RADIO SO HE CAN HAVE THE MONEY & RADIO AS WELL..

ANY MORE INFORMATIN CAN BE HAD FROM ME VIA EMAIL ABOUT KG4RVX.

THANKS FOR READING ..... KG2MS
Mr.Woods has quite the reputation "maybe that why he changed his call KD8MTU"