Scam Response-EA5DHH-Jose

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA2CDT

Scam Response-EA5DHH-Jose

Post by KA2CDT »

Beware of this guy. He sent me a stock photo of a brand new antenna that is supposedly used.Just a heads up.Below is his info and response.

>> Name: jose
>> Callsign: EA5DHH
>> E-mail: jrramon6@gmail.com
>>
>> The response is:
>>
>> i still have one for sales,and if still interested i will email you some
>> pics and details,My Mode of payment is paypal or bank wire or western
>> union,thanks
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

gmail, plus Western Union equal SCAM.
Gilles, in the great white north..
akoblinski

EA5DHH, another scam attempt BEWARE

Post by akoblinski »

I posted an ad looking for a ten tec tuner and had a response from "Jose" EA5DHH, if that is indeed who he is. He said exactly the same thing he said to K2COT, basically he had one. I offered a price which he immediately accepted. I asked for his paypal account and it was different than his email. He said it was his wife's account. Made me suspicious since the name on the paypal account was very much different than his. I asked for both a telephone number and a photo of the goods he was going to ship. He got very hostile, accusing me of "insulting his integrity". He claimed (too much) that he was not a theif and was a family man and sent a photo reported to be his wife and kid. No photo of the tuner and no other identifying information. I told him that I was not willing to send money until I had confirmation that he had the tuner....and that's the last I heard from him. Almost a Nigerian scam! Thanks to QTH.com buying advice to check the forums before proceeding!
I'm not claiming that this guy is really EA5DHH but that's what he said. Anyone can lie in emails, there's pretty much no way to check.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Not trying to sound disresectful of overseas buyers or sellers but in my experiance to be safe just stay away from them on forums as I see nothing but bad news, that is my policy here.
Best 73s
Radio-Mart
K4TEC

He is still at it

Post by K4TEC »

Just received an email from him (the fake scam person)
Oct 18th
KA2CDT

Re: He is still at it

Post by KA2CDT »

K4TEC wrote:Just received an email from him (the fake scam person)
Oct 18th

Me too! :shock:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com