EI8FC This appears to be a fraud

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n5afy

EI8FC This appears to be a fraud

Post by n5afy »

Let me know if you still need the MQ-26SR Mini Beam.

ei8fc@yahoo.ie

Hi,

I have a MQ-26SR, 10-12-15-17-20 meter Hybrid Quad for sale. Its in excellent shape and condition. Asking $260 shipped.

73s,
James.
ei8fc.
Hi Larry,

I do understand your concern. I also would be careful when buying any item sight unseen. But I'm just a retired man of over 65yrs of age. I'm a God-fearing and honest man, I will never rip-off your hard earned money as I work hard for every penny I earn.

How do I prove my honesty and sincerity? I can arrange for shipping with my funds and get back to you with a tracking info from the shipping company before you send payment. Let me know and also email me your complete shipping address.

73s, James.
ei8fc.
Currently I prefer payment via Western union or Money gram as there is an outlet closer to the UPS office here. I can confirm payment and ship immediately as well. Let me know and also email me your complete shipping address.
just confirmed your shipping address and will make shipping arrangements ASAP. I will have my wife pick up payment as she works with UPS, she can collect payment and help me ship out immediately.

Here are the details you need for payment via Western union:

Name: Dawn Cronin
Address: Flat 53, Tullovin Bridge, Croom, Co.Limerick Eire, Ireland.
Amount: $260USD

After payment do email me the details below from the Western union payment receipt:

Sender's Name:
Mtcn:
Amount Sent:

I shall email you a tracking # and other shipping info once am done with shipping. Kindly let me know once you have made payment so I can complete shipping arrangements.

73s, James.
ei8fc. :evil:
K9XR

I'd be careful

Post by K9XR »

The text of his message has all the elements of a scam from Western Union to the "shipping company".While I am not really familiar with that antenna, I would guess it would probably cost $100 or better to ship it from Ireland to the US. I would be very careful and if there are any doubts at all i would keep looking.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Please see this post:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=10356

Total fraud!! Even the shipping company is a fraud web site!!

Stay AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! EI8FC is a hijacked call sign!!!
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

I have made contact with Ger, EI4GXB, in Ireland reference this scam. He contacted the real EI8FC about it. The email address hadn't been used in over a year. I got scammed for $450USD plus Western Union fees on a deal exactly like the one shown. EI8FC has all my email correspondence with the scammer and is pursuing it on his end at this time. Yes, the shipping company is a total fabrication along with everything else. Go to U-K delivery.com and type in 530000uk943us tracking number - that was for my purchase and shows my shipment on hold. They wanted me to send an additional $120USD to release my radio purchase - wanted it sent to Nigeria. I learned the hard way on this - stay away from this guy!