Latest Scam - I am an Oceanographer at sea?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
bjahnke

Latest Scam - I am an Oceanographer at sea?

Post by bjahnke »

Latest scam... I asked for his and his daughter's call signs - no reply yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was SP0OF and UF0OL...

73, Bart W9JJ

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Tony Shawcross
<tshawcross1st> wrote:
> Thanks for your fast response.
>
> I am an Oceanographer and am currently on the sea at the moment, I am
> buying the item as a gift for my daughter,i want to make it a surprise
> gift for her, she won't know anything about the gift until they get
> delivered to her.
>
> So I want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you
> have described. I can only pay through PayPal. So please kindly get
> back to me with your payment money request to my PayPal email address
> at (tshawcross1st@gmail.com ) so that I can proceed with the payment
> and after the payment has been done,i have a pick up agent that will
> come around to pick the item up immediately after payment has been
> made.
>
>
> Please get back to me with your direct email address towards fast payment.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
>
>
> Tony
>
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Stay away!!!!! :x :x :x He is on an email frenzy. He figures if he sends out 100 emails he may be lucky enough to burn one of us.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
W8UAB

Hmmmm

Post by W8UAB »

This is a good one! Just received the same email. I wonder, after sending him a Paypal invoice for the purchase price, what would his next move be? Does he just need your email address to pursue some bad behavior?
KB3RPE

Ahh, the old Oceanographer ploy....

Post by KB3RPE »

I particularly like the "my agent will pick it up"....
Maybe he's a secret agent ... :?:

Had a similar one when I was selling an excess computer on Craigslist.....
That MORON wanted me to believe he was going to pay way over retail & have his agent pick it up since he was on his Honeymoon in Hawaii.......(RIGHT & pigs Fly or is it they LIE)

Anyway what I said in reply was essentially to "knock one off for me"...... with a couple deleted expletives thrown in for good measure...
Funny he never responded?!?!

It's a shame, but it must work occasionally......"Here's your sign..." Is all i'll say !!!
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

I paid him back,I have a program and i stuffed his inbox with 2000 e-mails..Too Funny.
If you would have sent him your paypal e-mail address he probably has hacking software and could gain entry to your account and go on a shopping spree!!But he will be busy for the next few day's trying to keep his inbox cleaned out...:lol:
The Bootlegger oops Not!!
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

I also received this bogus e-mail...
wy4a

Post by wy4a »

I ALSO RECEIVED THIS EMAIL TOTAL LY FAKE PEDRO WY4A
localjunkpeddler

Post by localjunkpeddler »

I have heard from this guy as well, would like to have a link to N4DXX's Spammer Jammer program............de Lee, K4LJP
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
KB3RPE

What program?

Post by KB3RPE »

n4dxx wrote:I paid him back,I have a program and i stuffed his inbox with 2000 e-mails..Too Funny.
If you would have sent him your paypal e-mail address he probably has hacking software and could gain entry to your account and go on a shopping spree!!But he will be busy for the next few day's trying to keep his inbox cleaned out...:lol:
:arrow: If we all start using a program like that, just imagine the scum, I mean scamers, all getting buried in bogus emails. What, they're gonna complain to the "authorities" & expose themselves for the crud they are. Especially if the emails were "anonymous", just sayin'. Wouldn't want to break any laws now would we... :shock:

Maybe a lot fewer Hams will get this JUNK & potentially not get scammed?

Hey maybe we could start a movement & BURY any BS scum bucket trying to dupe anyone?!? Just think "Tony" EtAl, would logon & their computers would take a dump....:wink:
Hammyguy

Post by Hammyguy »

kc8adu

Post by kc8adu »

Hammyguy wrote:www.spamitback.com
got a malware alarm from avast on the spamduh extension.
probably a false positive but mentioning it anyway.
my favorite bomber was avalanche mailer.send them through a few proxies and the perp may as well abandon that email.