BEWARE OF WA4VE GREGORY W LANHAM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ke3jp

BEWARE OF WA4VE GREGORY W LANHAM

Post by ke3jp »

BEWARE OF WA4VE GREGORY W LANHAM , PO BOX 3831.WINCHESTER, VA 22604
i was on ebay and he listed a icom ic-2820 on the 09-17-11and i paid him for it and after he got the money he would not respond to any of my emails and today is 10-05-11 and still have not yet got the radio and still no money back .he told me he was out of town and his wife was going to send it out and i found him on facebook and the days he talked about he was home repairing his truck and he has been on face book many times sence i know he has been on the internet and still to this day has not returned any of my emails and even tried to call him ebay user name and listing for the radio

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180725761007?ss ... 1439.l2649

so people beware i don't know wahts going on with this person
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

The guy has a ZERO feedback history. That should have been your first clue. I am not saying tha everyone with a ZERO feeback history is bad, but yiu need to proceed with extream caution when you see that. It could mean he had a previous barage of negatives under a different name. If you paid with paypal ( DID YOU?) you can get your money back since he did not send the item.
donate life
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

It says he only takes paypal so do yourself a favor and file a claim and get your money back. I know he put his call sign in the auction but do you know for sure it is really him? Did his address match up via QRZ and paypal?

Good luck!
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

If you paid by Paypal your okay but first go to your eBay dashboard and file a dispute through eBay. you need to do that first and within 45 days of the sale
If I can be of any further help just let me know
Best 73s
ke3jp

Post by ke3jp »

K4TEC wrote:If you paid by Paypal your okay but first go to your eBay dashboard and file a dispute through eBay. you need to do that first and within 45 days of the sale
If I can be of any further help just let me know
Best 73s
yes i did pay with paypal thank god and yes the address i got from him matches qrz.com info and also what i have found on facebook
yes i know he had a zero feed back but sometime you have to take a chance i guess you could say , in the meen time i am still looking for a icom ic-2820

i really hate to see other ham's try to screw someone over but it does happen
and if this turns out good i will repost everything
ke3jp

Re: BEWARE OF WA4VE GREGORY W LANHAM

Post by ke3jp »

turns out someone highjack his inforamtion

i just got off the phone with ebay and paypal
I AM VERY SORRY wa4ve , for putting your information on here but in ways its good
turns out someone has highjack your information about this radio and all of your other information
ebay and paypal both wants you to call in with the information that is talked about on here , to help pertect your self
like i said i am sorry and this greg wa4ve is NOT the guy i was dealing with on paypal sorry again
this is one for me to watch out for no matter how much it cost
if you need any information from me email me ke3jp@ke3jp.com
K4TEC

Re: BEWARE OF WA4VE GREGORY W LANHAM

Post by K4TEC »

ke3jp wrote:turns out someone highjack his inforamtion

i just got off the phone with ebay and paypal
I AM VERY SORRY wa4ve , for putting your information on here but in ways its good
turns out someone has highjack your information about this radio and all of your other information
ebay and paypal both wants you to call in with the information that is talked about on here , to help pertect your self
like i said i am sorry and this greg wa4ve is NOT the guy i was dealing with on paypal sorry again
this is one for me to watch out for no matter how much it cost
if you need any information from me email me ke3jp@ke3jp.com
Dont be sorry, most of us on here are here to help if we can with advise if you have any issues.

You have buyer protection via eBay and PayPal protection too so your well covered.

Like I said if you cant sort it out just drop me a line and I will more than happy to help.

Best 73s
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

W1QJ wrote:The guy has a ZERO feedback history. That should have been your first clue. I am not saying tha everyone with a ZERO feeback history is bad, but yiu need to proceed with extream caution when you see that. It could mean he had a previous barage of negatives under a different name. If you paid with paypal ( DID YOU?) you can get your money back since he did not send the item.
There is an eBay member WA4VE who has a 100% ratiing.
nb3o

Re: WA4VE

Post by nb3o »

I've known Greg for two decades and have spoken to him in the last month.
Greg is a stand-up guy, so I was surprised to see the first portion of this thread.
I'll try to contact him shortly to make sure he is aware his account has been compromised.

Steve NB3O