Is W4RT still in business???

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N0ISV

Is W4RT still in business???

Post by N0ISV »

Does anyone know if W4RT is still in business? Web site is on, but no body's home?
They will not answer any of my 3 emails in the past 3 weeks???
They will not answer the phone???
A call sign search shows W4RT is not even a real person?
I'm not the only Ham who's having problems with them. There are some items I need from them.

Wayne-N0ISV
N0ISV

W4RT still in business?

Post by N0ISV »

Good new...I guess?
I just called the only known phone number for the "parent" company of W4RT. W4RT is a Division of PanTechne Corporation....they finally answered on the 3 ring. Talked to two of the Hams there.
They are still in business, and plan on it for a long time.
There was no straight answer as to why they will not answer e-mails, but I was told they do, and alot of what they get (from all of us) is spam? Not sure how that happens?
My question was answered, might help others. They do have some of the W4RT batteries in stock for the FT-897. NO chargers at this time.

Hope this helps?
Wayne-N0ISV
Mike D

W4RT

Post by Mike D »

I ordered some gear from W4RT back in December for the FT817, and thought maybe it was just the Christmas Holidays (that we are having in NEw Zealand now) that was causing the delay.

However I have emailed several times and got no response what so ever, so beginning to worry. I have used them in the past for filters and so on and always received good service, so some thing seems to be going on.

Cheers
Mike ZL2AJM
N0ISV

Re: W4RT

Post by N0ISV »

Mike,
Good luck! For what ever the reason, there are a vast number of us HAMS, who W4RT either WILL NOT, or CAN NOT reply to, via e-mail or answer the phone????
Try 1-256-880-8207. This is the parent company of W4RT.
Its a shame us HAMS have to be treated this way, but they do have the best price on all their stuff.

Wayne-N0ISV

Mike D wrote:I ordered some gear from W4RT back in December for the FT817, and thought maybe it was just the Christmas Holidays (that we are having in NEw Zealand now) that was causing the delay.

However I have emailed several times and got no response what so ever, so beginning to worry. I have used them in the past for filters and so on and always received good service, so some thing seems to be going on.

Cheers
Mike ZL2AJM
Mike D

W4RT

Post by Mike D »

HI Wayne

Thanks for the response. Funnily enough I just received a reply today via snail mail!! Apparently they can not get through to my email address which is weird. I'll give them another to use though the one I gave them is my main one here in New Zealand.

Anyway thanks for the comments and now I can proceed with my order. They did send me the text that they got back when they tried to email me, it makes me wonder if the domain or host email sever they are using has been banned by our email system here perhaps it generates too much spam or some thing. Thanks for the phone number too I'll write it down for future fererence.

Regards
Mike
wc8i

W4rt

Post by wc8i »

Well I had them fix and upgrade a z-11 tuner they were fast and nice , but sent a email wanting to buy a charger from them almost 2 weeks ago , no response at all, so bought off someone else, can't understand why they are not replying. Bill
Hi my name is bill and I worked for a police department south of ohio for some yrs, the last 9 yrs i worked for a famous fbi agent seen on tv, very dangerous and fun job at times, Im retired now and in the county away i hope from violence.
N0ISV

Re: Is W4RT still in business???

Post by N0ISV »

Timing is everything.
I was pondering once again on some FT-897 accessories the past few days.
It would be so nice to order and buy from W4RT but I had forgotten about this post I started.
Sounds like not much has changed? Like most of us, I don't have time to wait weeks or not at all for a simple response if
items on their web site are available or not?

Wayne-N0ISV
wc8i

Re: Is W4RT still in business???

Post by wc8i »

Check. EHAM there are a few very up set with them, I do hope they are ok, you just don't no ? Bill
Hi my name is bill and I worked for a police department south of ohio for some yrs, the last 9 yrs i worked for a famous fbi agent seen on tv, very dangerous and fun job at times, Im retired now and in the county away i hope from violence.