WD4PLE AKA K4AJL SK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4UUG

WD4PLE AKA K4AJL SK

Post by K4UUG »

Dear Friends
it is with deep regret I bring this sad news.

AIKEN, S.C. - Funeral services for Mr. Andrew J. Lewis Jr., (AJ), will take place on Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 11am at Bible Faith Holiness Church, Aiken with Pastors Eddie Moyer and Jack Norris officiating. Interment, with military honors, will follow at New Beginnings Holiness Church Cemetery, Aiken. The family will receive friends on Friday evening from 6-8pm at George Funeral Home(s)and(s)Cremation Center, 211 Park Ave. SW Aiken. Mr. Lewis, 62, of Aiken, died Thursday, August 31, 2011 at his residence. A lifelong resident of Aiken County, he was the son of Mrs. Margaret Rodgers Lewis Starling and the late Andrew J. Lewis, Sr. He was a member of Bible Faith Holiness Church and had served in the US Navy during the Viet Nam Conflict. Andrew was a retired truck driver and had also been the fleet sales manager at the former Vernon Chevrolet dealership in Aiken. An avid amateur radio operator, callsign WD4PLE and was an active member of the Columbia County Amateur Radio Club. He will be remembered as a loving husband, son, father and grandfather. In addition to his father, he was predeceased by a step brother, John Davis. He is survived by his wife, Marti A. Lewis, Aiken; a son, Andrew J. (Tonya) Lewis, III, Aiken; a daughter Heather R. (Mark) Roberts, Aiken; his mother, Margaret Rodgers Lewis Starling, Aiken; three brothers, Mike Lewis, Lincolnton, GA, Randy Lewis, Martinez, GA and Chuck Dixon, North Augusta, SC; a sister, Cindy Kitchens, Columbia, SC; a step-mother, Mary Lewis, North Augusta, SC and four step daughters, Terry (Kin) Herring, Windsor, SC, Roxanne (Michael) Rice, Sandersville, GA, Michelle (Lester) Chambers, North Augusta, and Renee (Hal) Hicks, Graniteville. He is also survived by five grandchildren, Whitney Hammonds, Sydnee Hammonds, Kayla Hammonds, Caroline Lewis and Gavin Lewis. Memorial donations may be directed to the Columbia County Amateur Radio Club, P.O. Box 800, Evans, GA 30809 or the Aiken SPCSA, 401 Wire Rd. Aiken, SC 29801. Expressions of sympathy for the Lewis family may be left at www.georgefuneralhomes.com .
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Really sorry to here this as i had a transaction with AJ and he was totally honest and just a outstanding person to deal with. My prayers go with him and his family....
Larry Huff K0pd
W1JCW

A good guy

Post by W1JCW »

73 my good friend it was nice dealing with you.
Last edited by W1JCW on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
73 -

W1JCW
John
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

my god bless you and your family. aj was a great trader and will be missed. 73s de w4pig. :cry: :cry: :cry:
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

I never had the pleasure of trading with AJ but I know he loved to buy and sell, and had a stellar reputation. It looks like we lost one of the good ones...RIP, my friend.