Looking for Glenn kc8gcr

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ka3vvv

Looking for Glenn kc8gcr

Post by ka3vvv »

Hello I would like to know if any one have a phone number for Glenn kc8gcr. I bought a icom 756 from him.

Listing Number: 916295
Date Ad was Placed: 06/05/11
Name: Glenn
Phone Number: email only
Callsign: KC8GCR
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Icom 756
Ad Message:
Have a nice Icom 756 with the lines issue. Everything works like it should but just has the lines in screen. Comes with the icom ps125 power supply & hand mike. Asking 500.00 plus shipping
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I remember that AD and almost bit but then i remembered the words if it seems to good to be true then it must be. I hope i'm wrong for your sake.

Checked Glen out on the internet and it seems he has a good reputation. I'm wondering if this is a case of stolen identity being used. I would get his phone number number and call him. Good luck..
Larry Huff K0pd
K2DC

Post by K2DC »

According to WhitePages.com, try 304-529-2990.

GL & 73,

Don, K2DC

received phone call

Post by ka3vvv »

@ K2DC try it the first time, and dial the wrong number. I call the number you have left message. I rec a phone call back. He was on vacation . I let you know how it will play out. I'm happy to rec a phone call. :oops:
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

reason ka3vvv was looking for me was because the radio he bought from me was damaged in shipment. Claim was submitted
ka3vvv

glen

Post by ka3vvv »

Glenn is keeping in touch with me. We are in communication with each other.
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

In this case $500.00 is not a too good to be true price. The seller admits to "lines on the screen". This problem only gets worse to the point that you cannot see the screen eventually. There are no screen replacements unless you buy from some guy in EU for about $300.00 and you have the ability to change it out yourself.
donate life
ka3vvv

good guy Glenn kc8gcr

Post by ka3vvv »

Glenn kc8gcr is a good guy he sent me the clam money ups sent him. I repair the radio thur SAR Technical Services, Inc. ICOM Service Center Michigan. Just rec the radio back a week ago. ups clams take a long time. Glen a good guy.