WX5TMC Timothy M. Carroll No Good

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k8vf

Another strange one

Post by k8vf »

After a failed deal with this guy, my paypal account somehow got hacked and my address was changed to his town in TX...

Might be a coincidence, but, like Special Agent Gibbs I dont believe in coincidence.

K8VF
WW0JD

Anyone else that was his victom helping you?

Post by WW0JD »

Hey Joel,
Have any of the other Tim/Paul victoms contacted you yet? I think it would be a big help if several of you guys could work together. Sorry to hear about your ordeal with this mess. It's hard to believe there are people that devious out there! Please keep us posted on your situation .

Also, Thank you for devoting over 20 years to the service of our county. :!:
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
N4URW

Re: Anyone else that was his victom helping you?

Post by N4URW »

Yes they have and beleive me when I tell you that this issue is still being worked.

WW0JD wrote:Hey Joel,
Have any of the other Tim/Paul victoms contacted you yet? I think it would be a big help if several of you guys could work together. Sorry to hear about your ordeal with this mess. It's hard to believe there are people that devious out there! Please keep us posted on your situation .

Also, Thank you for devoting over 20 years to the service of our county. :!:
Joel McDonald, MSgt, USAF Retired
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
KP4HE

Re: In Regards...

Post by KP4HE »

WX5TMC wrote:First of all, By Posting Tracking numbers of my private transactions online, I Defeat the purpose of what I am trying to make you understand.

The transactions between myself and other users were Private in nature, and in no way, did I give any permission for them to be posted publicly. That Is, in itself a Crime.

I will not stoop to that level.

Think what you will, I assure everyone on here, I could list at least 50 phone numbers right now, of people locally who will vouch for my honesty, loyalty to my state and country, and to my level of responsibility and commitment to being a good law abiding citizen.

I could care less what you people think, But for the fact that When my name is Googled, it says I am a scam artist, With NO OTHER INFORMATION TO GO ON THAN ONE PERSONS HERESAY WORD / ACCUSATIONS . . .

Lets think Morally not people . . . How would you feel if you knew you were right, yet one single person floods the internet with your name, your families name, address, phone numbers, etc . . . and you and your family starts receiving malicious phone calls, emails and threats of violence . .

Yeah, KP4H . . . . Do You REALLY Want me to post all of that publicly for ALL TO SEE ?? Do you want me to forward the police reports my family filed for harassment? Do you want me to post links to the recorded audio of the voicemails, and mine and my families telephone records showing you calling 30-40 times daily?

Yes people, My Family blocked his phone number because he called 37 times in one day, threatening my family, and me, in only 3 days time, of our transactions initiation, even with me in contact with him and having provided him tracking. . . .

So, like I Said, Do NOT Make me bring the rain, because I Will.

AS I SAY AGAIN:

WX5TMC TIMOTHY M. CARROLL IS A SCAM ARTIST

HE HIDES AFTER HE COLLECTS YOUR MONEY AND NEVER SENDS ANYTHING.
WHERE IS MY $1000.00 YOU TOOK AWAY FROM ME?

I gave away my umbrella because it will never rain here.

Please take me to court I challenge you to do so. Blah, Blah, Blah....
KA4DQJ

Post by KA4DQJ »

interesting thread. "Tim" is real character. Steals openly from people, then wants to turn the tables so that HE'S the victim.

I'm a retired Metropolitan Police lieutenant and fulltime police science college faculty. I've known people like Tim my entire life, so many in fact that I can hear him think and see him change his mind.

Depite his rants, he's NOT going to contact the police about ANYTHING. People like Tim avoid police and courts like the plague. He lies until he's caught, then lies some more, admits nothing, demands proof and denies everything. Typical thief. It's like they went to the same school and learned the same things. As predictable as the sunrise.

If Tim really wants to wonder why you can Google his callsign and receive a gazillion "scam" hits, he needs to look no further than the mirror. He knows as well as anyone how it got that way.
KP4HE

Timothy M Carroll WX5TMC is still a SCAM ARTIST....

Post by KP4HE »

Tim did reply yesterday to my text messages(nothing about my $1000.00) (still won't answer the phone) He threathened to sue me if I didn't stop calling him or his mother's house phone (which my number is blocked) and harrazing her. Where did he get this from. I do have his moms number because he gave it to me when we made the Money Gram at wally world. I also have her address. It also confirms we did have a messages before. I told him it will stop when he returns my $1000.00 he stold from me. But just kept cursing back. Please Timmiy take me to court as you say. Don't make it worst. Just pay me back. Sorry guys.
Timothy M Carroll WX5TMC is still a "SCAM ARTIST" . :evil:
N2PET

wx5tmc

Post by N2PET »

Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP CALLING HIM! Keep stepping on his neck, he will fold. Take my :twisted: :twisted: word for it, it will work!!
N4URW

Re: wx5tmc

Post by N4URW »

I agreee. Keep calling this scumbag and scammer. Course, he will get what is coming to him soon or later. Just a matter of time.

N2PET wrote:Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP CALLING HIM! Keep stepping on his neck, he will fold. Take my :twisted: :twisted: word for it, it will work!!
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
N4URW

Timothy M. Corroll

Post by N4URW »

Not anymore. The Texas State Guard kicked his sorry xxx out.
KA9MOT wrote:A google search on his callsign indicates he has been trying to trade for guns as well......

More importantly.......

He signs allot of his ads with :

PFC Carroll, WX5TMC

Texas State Guard 19th Reg. 1BN ( C/A )

Now we know the Military frowns upon it members who commit crimes.

I'd contact them:

http://www.txsg.state.tx.us/locations/u ... x?regid=19
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
KP4HE

WX5TMC Timothy M Carroll Scam Artist #2

Post by KP4HE »

Still this Scam Artist is with his tricks
Don't fall for his scams.

If your buisness is in Texas area move with caution.

++++++Timothy M. Carroll WX5TMC is a SCAM ARTIST+++++.
"He will take your money and hide".
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

If this were to be true it would certainly be music to our ears but more than likely good old Timmy was just trying to scam again.

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthr ... er-station

:x
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
N4URW

REF Tim Carroll

Post by N4URW »

I suggest that Mr. Timothy M. Carroll watch his peas and q's because he is walking on thin ice and I am just waiting for the ice to break. He already got booted from the Texas State Guard although he will tell you that he is on a leave of absence but he is wrong as I know the truth. Course he will tell you that he is going to file a law suite and sue you for millions of dollars and that he is talking to the FBI and all of that non-sense but he is the biggest lier I have ever ran against. He makes friends with someone and then uses their ID to post equipment on websites and then he takes the money and runs and hides and makes up excuses why he hasn't sent the equipment. Then after admitting that he took your money, promises to send it back to you and never does. Says that he sent the equipment but never produces a tracking number for the shipment. The is the low life of the earth and I promise that he will one day get what he has coming to him. There are many people out there that have dealt with this AH and one day it will all come to a head. Course he thinks that I have forgtton all about this but he is so so wrong.

KA2CDT wrote:If this were to be true it would certainly be music to our ears but more than likely good old Timmy was just trying to scam again.

:x
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
karma2timmy

For those monitoring Timmy

Post by karma2timmy »

I feel SO bad for the numerous people that have suffered at Tim Carroll's hands over the years we have been aware of his questionable tactics...

He has again been quite active on Craigslist & elsewhere over the last 2 months or so.

His posts have been flagged off Craigslist, but here's what they have involved:

1. Selling 5/28: 32" LED (?) HD 1080P TV Like New! Must Sell (he even offers to deliver, so I guess he either bought a vehicle or has someone to help him)
2. Selling 5/19: Dual Core Compaq Full Desktop System - 2.4ghz
3. Selling 4/26:DELL INSPIRON 1545 DUAL CORE 2.2GHZ LAPTOP LIKE NEW! - $275 (BEST OFFER - DENTON - WILL DELIVER ASAP)
I have a Like New Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, It's worth over $500 New, this laptop is only 3 months old.
It is a Dual Core 2.2ghz Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400, With 3.00GB RAM, 150GB HDD, 15.6" LCD Screen, Etc . .
Here is a link to the Dell Website with all the info you need. This laptop is Blue . . .
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15/pd
I Need quick Cash, and this laptop is hardly used . . .
I Will meet anywhere in DFW within a reasonable distance of Denton.
I am asking $275 OBO ( Compare to Other 1545's on Craigslist at $350-$500 )
Email or TEXT only to 214.622.8896.
4. Selling 4/6: MAXRAD 5/8 Wave VHF 2 Meter HAM Radio NMO Mount Antenna - Used Once - $30 (Denton)
5. Wanted: Laptop With Wifi
6. Wanted 4/6: I Need NASCAR Tickets TODAY !!! Cash In Hand - $400 (DFW - Anywhere)

Another recent post of his elsewhere involves:
Trade Trunking Police Scanner-
I have a Really nice Brand New GRE PSR-400 Triple Trunking 1000.... (entire post not quoted, but he goes on to say what type items he wants- mainly DJ related)

This is all public information & Timmy is still using the same cell phone number & Denton TX location. Wish we had a way to stop his shenanigans!
N4URW

Re: For those monitoring Timmy

Post by N4URW »

Oh yea. The Brand New GRE PSR-400 Triple Trunking 1000 scanner he is selling is the one that I sent him in which I received NOTHING in return. What a lier and a scammer this guy is. And now he is using the name Jennifer Leatherwood to post photo equipemt on Photo.net. Guess he decided this time to be a girl which just fits this sissy ass to a tee. All I can say is that he had better watch his back and he better hope that I never come to texas. And I am not the only one. This guy is the low life scum of the earth. Course, one day he will meet his fate and will have to answer to a higher power. What comes around goes around.

karma2timmy wrote:I feel SO bad for the numerous people that have suffered at Tim Carroll's hands over the years we have been aware of his questionable tactics...

He has again been quite active on Craigslist & elsewhere over the last 2 months or so.

His posts have been flagged off Craigslist, but here's what they have involved:

1. Selling 5/28: 32" LED (?) HD 1080P TV Like New! Must Sell (he even offers to deliver, so I guess he either bought a vehicle or has someone to help him)
2. Selling 5/19: Dual Core Compaq Full Desktop System - 2.4ghz
3. Selling 4/26:DELL INSPIRON 1545 DUAL CORE 2.2GHZ LAPTOP LIKE NEW! - $275 (BEST OFFER - DENTON - WILL DELIVER ASAP)
I have a Like New Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, It's worth over $500 New, this laptop is only 3 months old.
It is a Dual Core 2.2ghz Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400, With 3.00GB RAM, 150GB HDD, 15.6" LCD Screen, Etc . .
Here is a link to the Dell Website with all the info you need. This laptop is Blue . . .
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15/pd
I Need quick Cash, and this laptop is hardly used . . .
I Will meet anywhere in DFW within a reasonable distance of Denton.
I am asking $275 OBO ( Compare to Other 1545's on Craigslist at $350-$500 )
Email or TEXT only to 214.622.8896.
4. Selling 4/6: MAXRAD 5/8 Wave VHF 2 Meter HAM Radio NMO Mount Antenna - Used Once - $30 (Denton)
5. Wanted: Laptop With Wifi
6. Wanted 4/6: I Need NASCAR Tickets TODAY !!! Cash In Hand - $400 (DFW - Anywhere)

Another recent post of his elsewhere involves:
Trade Trunking Police Scanner-
I have a Really nice Brand New GRE PSR-400 Triple Trunking 1000.... (entire post not quoted, but he goes on to say what type items he wants- mainly DJ related)

This is all public information & Timmy is still using the same cell phone number & Denton TX location. Wish we had a way to stop his shenanigans!
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
karma2timmy

Entire post about trunking scanner being sold by Timmy

Post by karma2timmy »

I'm sorry to hear this scanner may have been stolen from a member here, but that IS Tim Carrol's pattern. I'm surprised he's only been arrested once (that I am aware of) for interference with an emergency call. With his history, I'm shocked he's not behind bars....

Here is the entire post text from the free classified ad site (hobbies/musical instruments section), DAYPE.com, in case Joel wants to pursue legal action regarding his scanner:

"Trade Trunking Police Scanner for? $200 Denton
Phone: 214.622.8896

I have a Really nice, Brand New GRE PSR-400 Triple Trunking 1000 Channel Police Scanner for sale or Trade. It is Programmed with ALL of the DFW Area Police Fire EMS and Ham Radio / Skywarn . It is Brand New, I Have Just used it a few days, after programming it.

I am looking for DJ Equipment, PA Speakers, Amps, DJ Lights ( LED, or Scanner ), Software DMX Controller, things like that .

If interested in a trade, text 214.622.8896 ( Text Only ) or email

Thanks!

Location: Denton it's the best way to reach ad owner by phone."

I encourage any of you that have been ripped off by Tim to seek the appropriate legal action. Maybe then he won't continue taking advantage of others, as we have seen him do for over 5 years.
KP4HE

The Hiding Scam Artist WX5TMC Timothy M Carroll

Post by KP4HE »

For your information:

This number is no longer in service.

Beware of any transactions from
the:
Denton, North Dallas, Allen, Plano, Texas area.

Timothy M Carroll WX5TMC is hunting for victims again.

Please post new numbers.
karma2timmy

Re: The Hiding Scam Artist WX5TMC Timothy M Carroll

Post by karma2timmy »

could he be in jail, where he belongs?
KP4HE wrote:For your information:

the:

Please post new numbers.
K2HAT

Post by K2HAT »

the:

Please post new numbers.

06-08-2010 03:39 AM #1
TimothyCarroll

Exclamation wanted: weather station ...

My entire weather station was stolen from me by someone I thought was a friend...

I need a new weather station asap, anomometer, thermo-hygrometer, display, etc. Wired or wireless does not matter.

I have little money to spend, possibly items to barter with, just let me know what you have and how much

I am in plano, texas and can meet within 100 miles, or will pay for shipping.

Timothy M. Carroll, WX5TMC
karma2timmy

Post by karma2timmy »

Appears he has ripped off enough people to get the money to have his phone turned back on.....

So this cell phone number is again in service!

the:

Please post new numbers.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

An ad from 5/28/11:

http://iwantlaptop.com/dallas/details/W ... 1306627020

Looks like old Timmy is at it again. :x
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
N2PET

wx5tmc

Post by N2PET »

Still waiting for the "rain" Hardy har har!!! What an a*s hole. :lol:
Alan The Watch Guy

Latest Victim

Post by Alan The Watch Guy »

I am the latest victim of this guy. I fell hook line and sinker into the Jennifer Leatherwood front. Feeling terribly foolish at the moment...but looking to track and pursue as far as I can. If anyone has any info that can help me, please contact me. Thanks in advance.
KA2CDT

Re: Latest Victim

Post by KA2CDT »

Alan The Watch Guy wrote:I am the latest victim of this guy. I fell hook line and sinker into the Jennifer Leatherwood front. Feeling terribly foolish at the moment...but looking to track and pursue as far as I can. If anyone has any info that can help me, please contact me. Thanks in advance.
Please post the details of your transaction with Timmy. Also your call sign would be nice.
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
Alan The Watch Guy

Post by Alan The Watch Guy »

Sorry...no call sign. I followed a string of clues that actually got me to his real name and the history of the guy unfolded from there. I am actually just a visitor but I have a long history on watchuseek,com and timezone.com with the username Cubbiepants.

I saw an ad in Craigslist for a vintage watch. I reached out and started communicating with Tim, hiding behind yet another alias. I did send funds and got a week of excuses after. I called constantly, texted constantly, etc. Finally, when I actually put together that it was Tim Carroll and exercised a little pressure, I was given a tracking number late this past friday. Of course, what arrived was an empty box.

If it is inappropriate that I have posted here, considering this is not currently a hobby of mine, I understand if my posts are removed.

Thanks to all who posted here and on other boards. The info gathered helped me connect the dots on this guy. I am about to turn it all over to the law at this point. I have documented everything, to the point of videotaping the fedex guy coming off the truck, handing me the parcel and me opening the empty box.

Makes me sour just thinking about it all. I broke my own rules in falling for this one.
N4URW

Post by N4URW »

Alan,

Sorry for your run in with Tim Carroll and I hope that you do everything possible to hang this guy. And if you need any assit from me, I am happy to help. This guy needs t be stopped and he will one of these days. first off, you need to report this to your local police department and let them file a report with the Denton Police in TX. If you need any information from me, let me know. Also, I received an email from Photo.net and the information that I received was that he got booted off that site as well. I tried to warn the owner of the site and I figured that Mr Tim Carroll (Jennifer Leatherwood) would screw up sooner or later and it happened.

Joel

Alan The Watch Guy wrote:Sorry...no call sign. I followed a string of clues that actually got me to his real name and the history of the guy unfolded from there. I am actually just a visitor but I have a long history on watchuseek,com and timezone.com with the username Cubbiepants.

I saw an ad in Craigslist for a vintage watch. I reached out and started communicating with Tim, hiding behind yet another alias. I did send funds and got a week of excuses after. I called constantly, texted constantly, etc. Finally, when I actually put together that it was Tim Carroll and exercised a little pressure, I was given a tracking number late this past friday. Of course, what arrived was an empty box.

If it is inappropriate that I have posted here, considering this is not currently a hobby of mine, I understand if my posts are removed.

Thanks to all who posted here and on other boards. The info gathered helped me connect the dots on this guy. I am about to turn it all over to the law at this point. I have documented everything, to the point of videotaping the fedex guy coming off the truck, handing me the parcel and me opening the empty box.

Makes me sour just thinking about it all. I broke my own rules in falling for this one.
N4URW, Palm Bay FL