Package from KA9MOT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N1EQ

Re: Bla-Bla-Bla

Post by N1EQ »

W6GQ wrote:The drama brings traffic, traffic looks at the ads. Not saying it is a good practice, I cannot think why there is any other reason these fights and comments are allowed with people who are not even involved in the transaction......... freedom of speech? Not hardly
Well said!
KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

Golly... KA9MOT didn't deserve that!
KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

(Oooops... forgot the identifier)
KG8LB... KA9MOT didn't deserve that
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KS4ED.. Your just a little self righteous your self...
Larry Huff K0pd
KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

KA9MOT was the accused. KA9MOT defended himself.
Who was KG8LB referring too? Nothing righteous about
that!
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

The difference is most of us were commenting on the situation , that is what the forum is about. You and a few others in turn came along to criticize the people that were actually commenting on the subject at hand.

You say KA9MOT "did not deserve that" OK that is your point of view. Although , unlike some others you offer no substance to your argument. Just an emotional declaration for what it is worth.

Some others may feel Nate received a lot of unfair bashing as well, but perhaps they chose to stay on point instead ?

What I have said is that the buyer deserved some proof of original shipping, he deserved the described item with the listed filters according to the original offer as shown here. I have said that if indeed the item had been shipped promptly, the confirmation of shipping been given and communication had been forthcoming, KA9MOT would have not likely been in a position to go through all of that.

If the offer as stated is correct, and KA9MOT has not disputed that, it would seem not shipping the filters is a poor defense as you call it. The discovery that the radio was not purchased from new as stated may also challenge the seller's credibility and weaken the "defense".
A better defense would of course also include some proof that the item had actually been shipped on one of the claimed dates from one of the claimed Post offices (That part is a bit confusing at this point). A better defense would also include some verification of the item being returned after it's many days in Limbo-Land.

It is pretty much over now unless of course the seller sees fit to forward the mystical disappearing filters .

My comments /opinion have been mostly germane to the subject . And yours ?
KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

KG8LB

Your post before the last one was germain to your opinion only.

Everybody has one. You have one. I have one.
I myself use toilet paper. Many others need paper towels.

Butt... that's just a matter of opinion.

PS. Your last post was a good one.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

KS4ED wrote:KG8LB

Your post before the last one was germain to your opinion only.

Yes, exactly what I said.
Quote: (Bold typeface added)
"My comments /opinion have been mostly germane to the subject. And yours ?"

The comment you reference was just a general cooling down comment. Not to infer anyone in particular is a scammer. Better to let the readers decide that for themselves. We can only hope they will be honest with themselves and apply reason , not emotion.

Hopefully , the buyer enjoys the radio for many years .

Gary
w8jn

The real question

Post by w8jn »

The only question to be asked through all of the smoke and mirrors, bloviating and puffing, is...... After reading all of this sludge, flotsam and jetsam, posturing and positioning......... "Would you buy from Steve??????"
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Promise?

KK7AZ wrote:I really wish Scott or Al would end these worthless bloggs......... they make QTH Look Stupid. This site has become a dumping ground for misfits, nothing to do with ham radio beyond the second post. It's the same 4 or 5 lonely people posting, then waiting for replys.......... then they get into Lowes-homedepot, and Mexicans. Read this blog from the start and you'll see what I mean, other sites don't have this problem, they stopped it years ago. I see a lot of the old timers have started selling on another site, their tired of all the neg comments and the crap. What was done to Radio-Mart was a joke, 18000 sales on ebay with less than 1% complaints, and the 4 or 5 misfits took off on him. "What a Joke" Now the misfits will fire back at me "If you don't like it don;t read it" You know what..... You're right. 73's
W3WN

Re: The real question

Post by W3WN »

w8jn wrote:The only question to be asked through all of the smoke and mirrors, bloviating and puffing, is...... After reading all of this sludge, flotsam and jetsam, posturing and positioning......... "Would you buy from Steve??????"
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
Now that's a fair question Paul.

In my case, the answer would be a qualified "yes," and I would say that even if I didn't correspond with Steve on the other site.

When all the dust has settled... he made some mistakes, specifically not keeping track of the shipping information, but not out of malice. And I have already told him that while I understand his attitude towards the overall situation, witholding the filters (while understandable) was a mistake, but it is a correctable one.

Were I to buy an item from Steve, I would insist that he make sure that the shipping information wasn't lost. Under the circumstances, I think that's reasonable, and it gives him the opportunity to demonstrate that this was a simple human error. And we all make them.

I would also expect the same from anyone else in a similar predicament. IMHO, one mistake should not automatically cause a seller to be tarred & feathered, or shunned, or banned. Give that seller an opportunity to show that it was just a blip.

Now, in general, if a pattern emerges of a seller consistently having the same issues, that's another red flag and at that point I re-evaluate whether or not I'd want to continue to do business with him or her.

Or if I see a major mistake or major issue... such as someone who carelessly places a Heathkit Twoer in a large box wrapped only in a little newspaper, and who charged double what the actual postage was... I may decide not to deal with that person in the future. Again, that's how I approach everyone.

IMHO, Steve made a small mistake due to extenuating circumstances. He has paid dearly for it, but he has also owned up to it and not blamed others. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

But that's me. YMMV. VWPBL(STn).
kg8lb

Re: The real question

Post by kg8lb »

W3WN wrote:. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

But that's me. YMMV. VWPBL(STn).
Probably the same here, but only after finding out that he indeed sent the filters along as listed.

However, I am not taking unsubstantiated explanations as a given fact. Especially since there may already have been the start of a pattern.

The follow up with filters would certainly restore a lot of good will .
w8jn

My Take

Post by w8jn »

Regardless of the filter outcome, I would buy from Steve however he would have to ship to me for inspection prior to me sending money. Buying a new home includes an inspection walk through prior to closing. Buying a used car allows ample time for your own mechanic to check it out, if you buy an item from Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot etc, you can return it for any reason, no reason.
73 Paul w8jn
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Sounds fair but good luck.

The fellow in this case didn't have that option and it looks like he doesn't have the whole package yet either.

If you buy a rig here the same thing, don't like it ? Bring it back. In tact of course. I want you happy.
NA6TE

Romanian Package

Post by NA6TE »

Package/radio was sent to Adrian on 7/15/2011, Friday

Money was deposited in my PayPay account on Monday 7/18/2011
(yes, I paid up front because of the trust) :D

Customs received package on 7/21/2011, Thursday :lol:

Customs called Adrian and informed him of the arrival. Adrian will be picking up the package this week.

Since it is a long drive they try and get other things done as long as they have to make the drive.

Like it has been said from the on set, when you actually mail a package, it gets to the intended recipient in a reasonable amount of time.

I will post Adrians email as soon as he retrieves the package just to be sure there is no mold on it.

Nate
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Six days .. not bad eh ?
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

Hystrionics and hyperbole aside, glad to hear that the package finally made it across the ocean.
K7SGJ

Re: Romanian Package

Post by K7SGJ »

NA6TE wrote:Package/radio was sent to Adrian on 7/15/2011, Friday

Customs called Adrian and informed him of the arrival. Adrian will be picking up the package this week.

Since it is a long drive they try and get other things done as long as they have to make the drive.

Like it has been said from the on set, when you actually mail a package, it gets to the intended recipient in a reasonable amount of time.

I will post Adrians email as soon as he retrieves the package just to be sure there is no mold on it.

Nate
He probably just got delayed at the bank getting the funds for the VAT. You did claim actual value and not something bogus like parts or gift, right?
kg8lb

Re: Romanian Package

Post by kg8lb »

K7SGJ wrote:
NA6TE wrote:Package/radio was sent to Adrian on 7/15/2011, Friday

Nate
He probably just got delayed at the bank getting the funds for the VAT. You did claim actual value and not something bogus like parts or gift, right?
Surely not as long as the shipping was delayed . I don't think VAT issues had anything to do with the original shipping SNAFU . Nor the filter removal.
Hystrionics and hyperbole aside, the package finally got there. Sadly without the filters that were advertised.
Fine work Nate. Too bad about the filter issue.

...Birds of a feather have left their own feedback inadvertently. :wink:
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

It is just AMAZING that someone who can't do the job he is supposed to be doing on 2 other forums tries to tell how this one should be run. There's that old DOUBLE STANDARD AGAIN. Right, Billy Boy?

W6GQ wrote:The drama brings traffic, traffic looks at the ads. Not saying it is a good practice, I cannot think why there is any other reason these fights and comments are allowed with people who are not even involved in the transaction......... freedom of speech? Not hardly

Standing by for sneering comment from Al, one of the 4 or 5 lonely people posting

KK7AZ wrote:I really wish Scott or Al would end these worthless bloggs......... they make QTH Look Stupid. This site has become a dumping ground for misfits, nothing to do with ham radio beyond the second post. It's the same 4 or 5 lonely people posting, then waiting for replys.......... then they get into Lowes-homedepot, and Mexicans. Read this blog from the start and you'll see what I mean, other sites don't have this problem, they stopped it years ago. I see a lot of the old timers have started selling on another site, their tired of all the neg comments and the crap. What was done to Radio-Mart was a joke, 18000 sales on ebay with less than 1% complaints, and the 4 or 5 misfits took off on him. "What a Joke" Now the misfits will fire back at me "If you don't like it don;t read it" You know what..... You're right. 73's
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

NA6TE

Final report

Post by NA6TE »

Even after leaving the package for a week in customs it was still retrieved with no problems...........I think we know now...............

Subject: Re: Radio
To: Nate

Hi Nate,
Yesterday evening I arrived home, today I went to customs to pick up radio.Package arrived in good condition.
Dear friend thank you very very much for your help.I proved radio and works well.
Good health for you and all your loved ones.

73 de Adrian-YO9BVF
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
K7SGJ

Re: Final report

Post by K7SGJ »

NA6TE wrote:Even after leaving the package for a week in customs it was still retrieved with no problems...........I think we know now...............

Subject: Re: Radio
To: Nate

Hi Nate,
Yesterday evening I arrived home, today I went to customs to pick up radio.Package arrived in good condition.
Dear friend thank you very very much for your help.I proved radio and works well.
Good health for you and all your loved ones.

73 de Adrian-YO9BVF

WOW! You're my hero.
NA6TE

WOW

Post by NA6TE »

Everyone needs a hero, even an XX from the misfits
K7SGJ

Re: WOW

Post by K7SGJ »

NA6TE wrote:Everyone needs a hero, even an XX from the misfits
AH?

Kind of harsh OM.

Guess I'll have to find another hero.