Bad deal with KB0XA Don Waldrep aka SlantHQ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

N6VMO wrote:I should have lumped the attorney fees with an extra $100 and settled the whole thing.

Truth is, you scammed him and are now trying to justifiy not doing the right thing because he called you on it and is upset with you. :roll:

Man up...or better yet, ham up.
I agree....man up already! All I know is if I sent you $1100 for a "mint" radio and received what looks like something that came from a local hamfest I would be pretty furious. Stop all this silliness about blackmail and give him a refund. All you are doing is trying to deter from what really happened here. All I see is a pretty upset ham operator who trusted a fellow ham. You are giving us all a black eye.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
KA4DQJ

Post by KA4DQJ »

So, who is right and who is wrong? Buyer? Seller? It's easy to know. The right party is the one who sticks closest to the real issue which caused the dispute to begin with, and who ventures the least into areas of personal attack, mind-reading, intent, personality, morality, honesty and all the other things these disputes usually address. That's because the right party needs nothing but the facts to support his contention. It's the wrong party which doesn't want to address those facts, and brings everything else under the sun into the argument to muddy the facts.

When you have to wade through all the chaff to even find out what the disagreement is over, just identify the party creating all the chaff and you'll have your man.
KA4DQJ

Post by KA4DQJ »

Unfortunately I've had to go through a couple of deals like this one too, although they were not aired publicly as this one is.

Seems they follow a common thread. In the listing the merchandise has been gone through with a fine comb and is declared to be in the stated condition with the assurance of an assayer. After the complaint comes in, the seller can't remember and also has trouble seeing. In this case he forgot that the short history of a rig "setting on the shelf since it was brand new" was actually owned by someone else. Apparently the rig has a long history with that someone else to have been modified for out-of-band operation. It certainly hasn't been just sitting under a cover since it was brand new.

The vision problem comes in when after the glowing description the seller didn't "notice a ding." Yet in the sales description the seller is "sure there aren't many FT-847s in this condition with only a few hours on them." Obviously there's more than a few hours on this rig, and I would expect there are quite a few 847's out there in this condition. The seller also fails to acknowledge that it is his duty to serve as the eyes of the buyer when selling merchandise sight unseen by the buyer, and to give accurate descriptons.

The seller still maintains that the rig is "mint", and admits to seeing the scratches which alone nulls his brand new description of the rig. But, the seller considers that a scratched-up rig is still mint, so long as the scratches "don't go through the paint" down to the bare metal. By this standard I could take a sheet of #80 grit and work over any rig's case and still sell it as like brand new or mint... so long as the grit didn't go through the paint to the bare metal. Does the seller really believe this? Or is he just blowing off the buyer by disallowing a common ground on which to base a resolution? I've seen it before.... admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

The out-of-band mod is hyped up as being a plus! Wow! You lucky sonofagun.... you got something for free! And, it's for "the future." What future is that?

And, it goes on and on. The buyer is also catching some heat for being just too darn picky. And, he is a picky person who can't use a camera for squat!. But, what does that have to do with anything? Can't a picky person have reasonable expectations too? What did the ad say, and did the rig live up to the ad?

Bottom line is this... even if you posted against the buyer and sided with the seller, how many of you would buy from that seller right now based on his glowing description of his Grade A (and Grade A priced) equipment? If yes, how much would you pay for this rig. As much as the buyer did?

The wrong thing was for the buyer to request anything. The right thing was for the seller to have offered either a reduction in price or an outright refund. And it's still not too late.... IF the seller is more interested in doing the right thing than he is with pocketing ill gotten gains.
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

While I agree with most of what you said maybe you better read the ENTIRE thread again. First of all nobody has sided with the seller. And second, why is it wrong for the buyer to "request anything"? He did so after dealing with the seller for four days. I think the buyer has been a lot more patient than a lot of us would have been.

It seems like the seller wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit him.

KA4DQJ wrote:Unfortunately I've had to go through a couple of deals like this one too, although they were not aired publicly as this one is.

Seems they follow a common thread. In the listing the merchandise has been gone through with a fine comb and is declared to be in the stated condition with the assurance of an assayer. After the complaint comes in, the seller can't remember and also has trouble seeing. In this case he forgot that the short history of a rig "setting on the shelf since it was brand new" was actually owned by someone else. Apparently the rig has a long history with that someone else to have been modified for out-of-band operation. It certainly hasn't been just sitting under a cover since it was brand new.

The vision problem comes in when after the glowing description the seller didn't "notice a ding." Yet in the sales description the seller is "sure there aren't many FT-847s in this condition with only a few hours on them." Obviously there's more than a few hours on this rig, and I would expect there are quite a few 847's out there in this condition. The seller also fails to acknowledge that it is his duty to serve as the eyes of the buyer when selling merchandise sight unseen by the buyer, and to give accurate descriptons.

The seller still maintains that the rig is "mint", and admits to seeing the scratches which alone nulls his brand new description of the rig. But, the seller considers that a scratched-up rig is still mint, so long as the scratches "don't go through the paint" down to the bare metal. By this standard I could take a sheet of #80 grit and work over any rig's case and still sell it as like brand new or mint... so long as the grit didn't go through the paint to the bare metal. Does the seller really believe this? Or is he just blowing off the buyer by disallowing a common ground on which to base a resolution? I've seen it before.... admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

The out-of-band mod is hyped up as being a plus! Wow! You lucky sonofagun.... you got something for free! And, it's for "the future." What future is that?

And, it goes on and on. The buyer is also catching some heat for being just too darn picky. And, he is a picky person who can't use a camera for squat!. But, what does that have to do with anything? Can't a picky person have reasonable expectations too? What did the ad say, and did the rig live up to the ad?

Bottom line is this... even if you posted against the buyer and sided with the seller, how many of you would buy from that seller right now based on his glowing description of his Grade A (and Grade A priced) equipment? If yes, how much would you pay for this rig. As much as the buyer did?

The wrong thing was for the buyer to request anything. The right thing was for the seller to have offered either a reduction in price or an outright refund. And it's still not too late.... IF the seller is more interested in doing the right thing than he is with pocketing ill gotten gains.
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb0xa

WAKE UP BOZOS! HE REFUSED A REFUND! USING BLACKMAIL INSTEAD!

Post by kb0xa »

The pictures posted are not of any part of the radio I shipped to this nutcase!
He knows and all you mouths know that all he had to do was file a PayPal claim and get his money back, but he doesn't want his money back!
He wants $250 in blackmail money ONLY BY USPS MONEY ORDER, sent to his father's home, since he cannot get mail on the boat he lives on!
His FCC address and PayPal address is his father's box number and his father's house

Donald G Flint

PO BOX 23726

Santa Barbara, CA 93121

AF6VM is Donald R. Flint
He demanded that the radio and tuner be sent to his boat address
Don Flint
6 Harbor Way #168
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Fed-Ex shows it was signed for by M Bertran
Is that his husband the artist?

PayPal security advised me that his blackmail demands for $250 by USPS money order only or he will smear me and destroy me constitute BLACKMAIL an dthey are the ones who changed my information for my protection and they are the ones who advised me to have my attorney file a federal crimnail complaint with IC3.gov for attempted blackmail!
Do you understand these facts Bob Huff you stupid junk peddler?
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb0xa

Do we need to include all the rest of the information here?

Post by kb0xa »

California PUBLIC Records
FLINT, DONALD R AGE: 46 SSN: 560-##-#### (# Masked for Security)

Address City State Zip Times Reported
1198 NAVIGATOR DR 49 VENTURA CA 93001 9
1226 SALSIPUEDES E SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 4
1415 OLIVE ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93101 5
536 E MICHELTORENA ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 5
1226 N SALSIPUEDES ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 4
PO BOX 23726 SANTA BARBARA CA 93121 7

Aliases
Donald R Flint
Donald Ross Flint
Donald G Flint
Don Flint
R Flint Donald

To Huff N' Puff AKA The Mouth below;
He knows the rules! He's sold lots of stuff just like you!
Read My Lips Huff N' Puff!!
I OFFERED HIM A FULL REFUND ON DAY ONE AND HE REFUSED!
HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL ME INTO SENDING HIM $250 AND HE WOULD KEEP THE RADIO AND TUNER; OR HE WOULD DESTROY ME!

NOW GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK YA' LITTLE WEASEL! :shock:

K0pd
Posts: 470 (90% WERE MOUTHING OFF ABOUT OTHERS USING THIRD WORLD GRAMMER
CHECK HIS POSTING ENTITLED "Me am uf soupereioir intelijents amn't i"
Last edited by kb0xa on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

AF6VM _ your wrong about Pay Pal as they took care of a problem i had with a seller here on QTH. Might note i'm not the only one that has had a problem out side of E bay taken care of by pay pal. So on that statement your wrong.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

It used to be that PayPal would only cover "item not received" on non-ebay purchases. I think that as of last September they offer buyer protection on all purchases.

K0pd wrote:AF6VM _ your wrong about Pay Pal as they took care of a problem i had with a seller here on QTH. Might note i'm not the only one that has had a problem out side of E bay taken care of by pay pal. So on that statement your wrong.
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N6VMO

Re: Do we need to include all the rest of the information he

Post by N6VMO »

kb0xa wrote:California PUBLIC Records
FLINT, DONALD R AGE: 46 SSN: 560-##-#### (# Masked for Security)

Address City State Zip Times Reported
1198 NAVIGATOR DR 49 VENTURA CA 93001 9
1226 SALSIPUEDES E SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 4
1415 OLIVE ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93101 5
536 E MICHELTORENA ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 5
1226 N SALSIPUEDES ST SANTA BARBARA CA 93103 4
PO BOX 23726 SANTA BARBARA CA 93121 7

Aliases
Donald R Flint
Donald Ross Flint
Donald G Flint
Don Flint
R Flint Donald

To Huff N' Puff AKA The Mouth below;
He knows the rules! He's sold lots of stuff just like you!
Read My Lips Huff N' Puff!!
I OFFERED HIM A FULL REFUND ON DAY ONE AND HE REFUSED!
HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL ME INTO SENDING HIM $250 AND HE WOULD KEEP THE RADIO AND TUNER; OR HE WOULD DESTROY ME!

NOW GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK YA' LITTLE WEASEL! :shock:

K0pd
Posts: 470 (90% WERE MOUTHING OFF ABOUT OTHERS USING THIRD WORLD GRAMMER
CHECK HIS POSTING ENTITLED "Me am uf soupereioir intelijents amn't i"
...nothing...just wanted to save this last post. He may want to delete it.

He know how to Google too...impressive.
:lol:
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KB0XA , your either nuts or confused. Yes i've made a lot of comments but have failed to recall any about any one's grammer. As for selling lots of stuff not quite true. I've sold some stuff but not a lot and have only had one person who never posted it any where felt a SM 6 mic i sold was not as nice as i thought it was. We came to agreement where as i refunded some of what he paid. That is as close to a complaint as i've ever had. So i'm trying to figure out where you got your idea about me selling junk. As far as your childish name calling Huff N Puff thx as i've not heard that since grade school. Any way it takes a really big man to call me names on thread being as i am far away from you and have failed to call you any names but if by chance i should meet you i'm certain i'd have no problem doing so to your face.
Larry Huff K0pd
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

af6vm wrote:Paypal doesn't act on claims outside of ebay.
The rest of your comments are baloney.
I filed the IC3 claim.
I don't want anything from you now. Its out of my hands.
Paypal certainly does act on claims outside of eBay. They do not act on claims for "gifts" however.
A seller peaved by a buyer's reaction to a deceptively described item should not then use that as a rationalization to deny his own responsibility.
When there is an ambiguity or inaccuracy in the seller's description, the remedy should favor the buyer to the point of an unquestioned, full refund.
When used properly, without the "gift" option Paypal can make the refund process work far more smoothly, especially when mutual trust has been destroyed.
OK, So where are the filters now ?
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Pay Pal has only recently started to cover items bought off of Ebay as I stated in an earlier post. Maybe my choice of words was not fancy enough for you?

BTW what does drinking have to do with a buyer's reaction to a deceptively described item.

Oh, you meant "peeved" , not "peaved".

Paypal certainly does act on claims outside of eBay. They do not act on claims for "gifts" however.
A seller peaved by a buyer's reaction to a deceptively described item should not then use that as a rationalization to deny his own responsibility.
When there is an ambiguity or inaccuracy in the seller's description, the remedy should favor the buyer to the point of an unquestioned, full refund.
When used properly, without the "gift" option Paypal can make the refund process work far more smoothly, especially when mutual trust has been destroyed.[/quote]
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

K9XR wrote:Pay Pal has only recently started to cover items bought off of Ebay as I stated in an earlier post. Maybe my choice of words was not fancy enough for you?

BTW what does drinking have to do with a buyer's reaction to a deceptively described item.

Oh, you meant "peeved" , not "peaved".

The problem is ?
Perhaps I had not read your authoritative response . Maybe I was affirming the point. So what ? The statement remains accurate.
Then again Paypal recovered funds for me in a non eBay case at least three years ago. I further pointed out that the "gift" transactions are not covered. This was offered as a response to the OP, not to nor was it about you.

You are correct on but one point. I meant "peeved"
"Peaved" is just a slang term .

Perhaps some people are far too easily peeved. Perhaps they wake up peaved from the night before . They are then peeved when someone adds a comment that they feel was already covered by them.
There is really no reason for a rational person to be peeved by someone agreeing with their statement or even passing over a statement within the thread.

Then again I am neither peeved nor "peaved" just a bit perplexed by your response.

That said , I accept the correction regarding the spelling error but decline any apology for the agreement.

To the OP: Sorry that this response was not a direct response to the thread other than to offer a response to K9XR's inquiries.

Since I am not always reading these threads I had missed the following, very informative item. :
W1JCW wrote:You will want to stay clear of this guy Al K9XR.

If he makes worthless comments and tries to hijack your thread contact
the moderators, don't take his worthless crap.

He has no life and likes to hijack threads to put his no life 2 cents worth of comments in.

He has no business in most of these threads as they have nothing to do with him.

He has no life so he needs to make dumb comments to pass the day.

I never paid attention to Al until he decided to stick his noise into a thread I was part of which he has no business.

Crawl back into your hole Al we don't need your crap and poor attitude around here.

If you don't believe me check out his posts and his negative comments.
I call that a noisy Nellie.

Others post on their sales and transactions but not this guy.

Stay clear of this clown K9XR Al and don't let him Hijack your thread with BS
comments which are unwarranted
Very well said indeed.
Last edited by kg8lb on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OK, So where are the filters now ?
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Having your callsign Googled, and then having the first 3 of 4 search engine responses linking your actions to a questionable sale can't be good for KB0XA Shortwave. :shock:

I am sure glad my callsign remains blemish free. 8)
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Well i'm still Hi Hi perplexed about his comments about me being as i've never dealt with him nor bad mouthed him. All the feed backs i've gotten from buyers of goods i've sold and have commented on here are all positive, and i went through all my comments i've made on qth.com and still trying to find where he came up with the grammer thing. But after reading his comments and feed backs i've came to one conclusion and that Don has a habit of exaggerating.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh,
I guess you told me. INDEED!

Very well said indeed.[/quote]
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kb0xa

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?292238-Yaesu-FT-847-amp

Post by kb0xa »

AF6VM
. Radio has small scuffs on top cover where the tuners feet sat. Otherwise no issues. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage View Articles AF6VM Callsign
Ham Member Join Date:Jul 2009
Yaesu FT-847 and FC-20 tuner in very good condition. Radio and tuner works 100% as they should. Radio has small scuffs on top cover where the tuners feet sat. Otherwise no issues.
Would consider trades involving a mint 857d, 897d, 706MIIg, preferably with and FC-40 or AH-4 where applicable.
Will sell outright for $1100 shipped lower 48.
I will accept a postal money order, a check after it clears, or cash if you want to pick it up.
Feel free to ask any questions.
kb0xa

Try Prayer!

Post by kb0xa »

Try Prayer!
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

posted yesterday:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?30 ... y-antennas

PLEASE research who you're dealing with before you do a deal here.
Last edited by af6vm on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.