W8NET, Gene Marsh, is Under Investigation by FBI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WD8BVL

W8NET, Gene Marsh, is Under Investigation by FBI

Post by WD8BVL »

Today (7/7/11), I filed an on-line complaint with the FBI charging Gene MArsh, W8NET, with Wire Fraud for failure to retirn my expensive $3,500.00 power amplifier.

June 4, 2009, I sent Gene an amplifier seeking repair. The first contact was via phone. In an e-mail he stated he received it in good shape and would notify me in several weeks the problems he found. He will not return my e-mails or phone calls. In fact, he uses a call screening device. If he enteres your name/number in it the device will go to voice mail which is full. Otherwise, you may reach him with a new phone number. Antway, I am still waiting in line with other hams to receive their property from him. My complaint number: I1107071224134152. Should you wish to file a complaint for Wire Fraud or internet violations, you may to file on the internet by logging on to IC3,Gov. Should you have a complaint with W8net, please refrence my complaint number. Good luck.
WD8BVL :cry:
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

I hate to burst your bubble om but i filed a complaint with them several years ago about Daniel Rouse ex ki4wrs now n4jsr and never recieved as much as a return form letter.The above was arrested and convicted due to the local police dept and has issued restitution to me in the amount of $8 out of $1000
good luck but i think the best thing to do is file a local complaint
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

I'm curious how you KNOW the FBI is conducting an investigation. That is usually done behind closed doors. What I am sure you meant to say was that you reported it to the FBI. I wish you good luck as well, but don't quit your day job.

Ron KG4MLO
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Just wondering WD8BVL - any reason why you couldn't have added this (new topic) to the bottom of the previous topic you started on W8NET is a BUM. Stole my equippment and will not communicat - Jul 03, 2011? It sure would have made it easier for member's to fully understand your problem.