NE6V

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
km5vi

NE6V

Post by km5vi »

Report of transaction with NE6V, Joe Vega

I recently completed a purchase of about $2,000 in equipment from Joe Vega, NE6V. The entire lot of equipment was paid in advance to be held for pickup by an agreed date.

At the time of pickup, Joe:

1. failed to tender all of the items included in the purchase,
2. failed to provide advance disclosure that all items would not be provided,
3. gave a conflicting explanation (obvious fabrication) as to why some of the items were missing,
4. offered no explanation why the remaining items were missing,
5. misrepresented the condition of several of the items included in the sale,
6. failed to disclose that some items were damaged and non-functional,
7. grossly misrepresented the quantity of some items,
8. abruptly disappeared from the pickup site after stating that there were additional items in his vehicle and did not return.

Before leaving the site, Joe offered to “make-up” for two of the missing items by “throwing-in for no charge” one item that was already included in the sale (how is that making-up?) and another item that I had agreed to purchase separately. The later item was not equivalent to the value of the shortage in the sale.

Joe has since been non-responsive to my phone messages or emails.

I have discovered that Joe had posted one of the items I requested to purchase for sale on the web after the fact, and other information that directly conflicts with Joe’s statements and emails.

I have little regard for this seller’s credibility and integrity.

Matt Flukinger
KM5VI
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

If you had entered Joe's Call in the search engine here you possibly would not be having your problem. Joe does not have a stellar reputation......

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=7987&highlight=ne6v
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

Homework

Post by w8jn »

Matt,
Did you look up Joe's feedback here on QTH.com, prior to sending him money?
Paul w8jn
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

He certainly looks happy...

(My apologies for the image size)
w8jn

??

Post by w8jn »

Is this Joe or Carlos Santana ??
Paul w8jn