K0RPL / N9ZDA Update Legal Action Process

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA5KHI

K0RPL / N9ZDA Update Legal Action Process

Post by KA5KHI »

May 6, 20004 Thursday
An update from initial listing on May 3, 2004 listed by KA5KHI
The process has begun
Hello everyone,
The Law-enforcement Center here South Carolina will be notified with required complaint forms. Additional complaints and proceedings are in motion and have been presented and filed on May 6, 2004 Thursday 10:00 AM EST to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center ( http://www.fbi.gov ) or
( https://www.ifccfbi.gov ) Web-Site. The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is co-sponsored by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Complaints filed via this web site are processed and may be referred to law enforcement/regulatory agencies for possible investigation. Any investigation opened on complaints filed on this web site is opened at the discretion of the law enforcement/regulatory agency receiving the complaint information.
For those ham operators that have been defrauded, use this site for your complaint...OR.... If you would like for me to represent you, as a middle man, send to me all of your information and I will update this security encrypted Web-Site File complaint process ( Already Filed ). The more information that is submitted to me, from you, the better. This requires teamwork and a willingness on your part. I'm willing to go the extra mile on your behalf. All information will be held is strick confidence. Please submit only the facts relative to this defrauding practices of this individual. This legal process will require time but worth the effort to preserve the integrity and enjoyment of this great hobby that only a few have spoiled its reputation. I also want to thank k4kk for His help and others. So keep the info comming in.
On your behalf,
Richard KA5KHI ( rpet36@sccoast.net )

Complaint against :
K0RPL / N9ZDA
Justin Korpal DOB : 06-1981
1210 N Danz Ave
Green Bay Wi 54302 County : Brown Updated : Outagamie 07-25-2003
phone 920-680-0416
jkorpal@baycominc.com
A.K.A. Guss, Jake, Jacob, OR
Butchie Bob..
I responed to an Ad He posted in QTH.COM as follows :
Kenwood TS-520S w Acc
Greetings:
I have for sale a 10 out of 10 Kenwood TS-520S. This unit has a new driver, and two new finals. Puts out 130 watts Plus on each band. Unit does not have a scratch in it, and has the door on the side over the controls. Unit comes with radio, ac power cord, original manual, and a MC-60 modified desk Microphone. Unit also has a CW filter installed. I am asking 250.00 for this entire setup, ready for you to hook up a antenna, and make contacts around the world. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to call me at anytime. Phone number is 920-471-8008.
Justin K0RPL
Listing #408247 - Submitted on 4/14/04 by Callsign K0RPL
Click Here to Email jkorpal@baycominc.com
kendoman

Post by kendoman »

I would also highly suggest the you contact the people that he defrauded on eBay.com. He was using the screen(account) name N9ZDA when he did this and there are numerous people that Im sure will be more than willing to get their money back, or at least see some justice done. He has in excess of 30 negitive feedbacks all with the common theme, "Payment sent, item never recieved".

I would have link them to this site for you, but I do not have a eBay.com account and it requires you to log into send people messages. Also, If you contact the Green Bay Police Department, which I believe have jurisdiction in his area, you can request to speak to Officer Netzsker. He is trained for Computer related crimes. I don't know his area of expertise, but I know it does involve some Computer Related offenses. I wish you the best of luck with the proceedings and would request that you keep all or us notified about the details of this case.

Ken
kk5kc

No Longer at E-Bay

Post by kk5kc »

Morning Guys,
First off, Happy Mothers Day to everyone. I am sure there are two sides to every story. But i would think this guy would come up on the short end. Sure glad Scott has this site. At least you don't see the term sold "as is" never tested etc. I mean my goodness how long does it take to hook the rig up to an antenna, dummy load,whatever? Here is the link for his e bay feedback, not a good track record.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.d ... erid=n9zda

Best Reagrds,
Mike/kk5kc
KA5KHI

Post by KA5KHI »

May 10, 2004 Monday 12:09 PM EST
I would like to thank all of you for your input and your help. Please look for an update on the feed-back forum comming up very soon regarding Justin Korpal. I'm sure you will be pleased with the results.
Richard KA5KHI
rpet36@sccoast.net
AB8RU

Thanks Everyone !

Post by AB8RU »

I had decided to sign on to this web site and started to buy @ Ebay I am glad that I did check here :!:

I think I should go over some things more closely if anyone has some Alerts I should be aware I hope to watch the posts.

TNX & 73
Mark A. Holman AB8RU, CRO
Assoc. Member SBE
w4amp

641A Ad/ K0RPL

Post by w4amp »

K0RPL is currently running an ad for a 641A. I made an offer to trade my F6A and accessories for his rig. When I spoke to him on the phone I said that he would have to ship his rig first and when I received it I would check it out. Then I would ship my rig and a money order for his shipping costs. He said that would be fine. I had two people wanting to buy the rig for cash that day as well. This was Friday morning. Justin leaves his ad up, not a good sign. He never e-mails me a tracking number like we agreed, and does not answer e-mail or phone calls. At 6PM today I re-listed my rig. He then sends me an e-mail saying sorry he could not get a hold of me, some people have to work. He makes no mention of shipping the rig or anything. My guess is that he has probaly promised the rig to more than one person. And if there is such a rig, that it probaly does not work. If you do a deal with this person get the gear first, or you will get burned.
K0RPL

Post by K0RPL »

W4AMP: This Gentleman should really be the one to post negative feedback. All of my correspondence with this gentleman is available for anyone that wants it. This includes, Two Emails, and a Recorded telephone conversation. Be very weary about this gentleman. He is being investigated by the FCC, for providing a invalid address to obtain/renew a amateur radio liscense, He clearly states this to other people. Be very weary of anyone that says do not ship to my QRZ/QTH Call look up address. I am extremely glad that I did not enter into any dealings with this gentleman and urge others to do the same.

Justin K0RPL
kendoman

Re: 641A Ad/ K0RPL

Post by kendoman »

All Justin's "correspondance is available" just like those documents from Ebay that supposedly prove that his account was hi-jacked.

Recording a telephone conversation without someones consent is unethical and illegal, other than for your own piece of mind it will not hold up in court

At least W4AMP is upfront with people. He may some issues that one might stumble across that may raise suspicion and lets people know right of the bat.

To me it sounds like W4AMP is victum of identy theft, and is caucious with his on-air activities and address, so his listed address is PO Box, probably for security reasons, big deal... It's a hassle to have things shipped to a PO Box, so he provides an alternative physical address when making sales/trades.

http://www.geocities.com/radioscams/

Quite honestly Justin's message looks like a poor last ditch effort to save face, when his own reputation is the questionable one.
w4amp

K0RPL- Still trying to rip people off

Post by w4amp »

Here is the e-mail I got today from N9ZDA, Mr. Ripoff:

Message-ID: <1096212379.4156df9b2b09c@mail.opentransfer.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:26:19 -0500
To: "James O'Brien" <w4amp@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- FS: Kenwood TM-641A 144/2...
References: <NHBBLDFECLLABLNPIBKCOEFLCDAA.jkorpal@baycominc.com> <4155E99D.9010300@bellsouth.net> <1096151370.4155f14ae977c@mail.opentransfer.com> <41563129.4090302@bellsouth.net>
In-Reply-To: <41563129.4090302@bellsouth.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.2.1
X-Originating-IP: 69.***********

Thank you for the negative feedback as well. The lawyer already has a copy of
it along with the Two Emails you sent and the recorded telephone
conversation. You are extremely close to being the defendent in a
slander/Liable lawsuit. Some one that is not even on the up and up with the
federal govenrment, as you use a invalid address for your amateur liscense, and clearly stated this on the phone, should not be looking out for other people
but themselves.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I need on my 610 is a valid address to receive mail. You, on the other hand, have been ripping people off for years. Your e-bay feedback at N9ZDA speaks for itself. I gave you a chance to make a deal with your crap reputation, and I was not about to be another one of your victims. I specified that you ship your rig first, and naturally you never did. Does this rig exist? Does it work? Only you know. With your history of flim-flam Scott should ban you from QTH for ever.
w4amp

N9ZDA-Mr. Ripoff

Post by w4amp »

K0RPL wrote:W4AMP: This Gentleman should really be the one to post negative feedback. All of my correspondence with this gentleman is available for anyone that wants it. This includes, Two Emails, and a Recorded telephone conversation. Be very weary about this gentleman. He is being investigated by the FCC, for providing a invalid address to obtain/renew a amateur radio liscense, He clearly states this to other people. Be very weary of anyone that says do not ship to my QRZ/QTH Call look up address. I am extremely glad that I did not enter into any dealings with this gentleman and urge others to do the same.

Justin K0RPL
I am not under investigation for anything. I just called you out in your latest ripoff attempt. All you need on your 610 is a valid mailing address, and that is what I have. It is surprising that someone with your history would question someone else. You still have not answered a single question about your mystery 641A. I wonder if all the people you ripped off on Ebay know your work contact information? Maybe they should?
K0RPL

Post by K0RPL »

there is not Mystery Kenwood TM-641. Only a fully functioning one, and it is in route to the person who purchased it already. He will be very happy, as he is getting a great radio for a good Price. Just as listed.

Justin
w4amp

The Usual

Post by w4amp »

We'll see.
N2PET

K0rpl

Post by N2PET »

This jerk off has no shame whatsoever. If I had a rep like his I would just disappear! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
w4amp

641A

Post by w4amp »

Justin, since you have sold your rig twice in two days, do you think you could delete your ads? How many times are you selling that 641A?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
kendoman

Re: K0rpl

Post by kendoman »

radioactive wrote:This jerk off has no shame whatsoever. If I had a rep like his I would just disappear! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That is one option for him. If he would just quite selling stuff for a year or so maybe things would blow over for him.

Another option is to come clean and actually back up what he says. For example if his Ebay account did get hacked and he has proff, then why not post it. Why would you say "The lawyer" not my lawyer... Or Mr. SoAndSo... ?

And why would you say "In route to the person who purchased it already. He..." without mentioning at least a first name?

Why not delete the ad, check with the buyer it would be alright with him if you mention his name/callsign here. Truthfully I think everyone would like to see some good comments for a change.

But Justin pickes option 3. Scare tactics. Lets get real here, no one person and no one radio sale contributed to Justin's reputation. To try legal recouse for one persons feedback is quite redicilous. It would be different if one person was making up off the wall claims and hounding him with them, contributing to a loss or revenue.

Justin everyone here and elsewhere is just lettting potential buyers know the possible hassle _based on the evidence they see._ With a system where there is little practical recourse the the buyer to get his money back, do you honestly (stupid question) blame them?

Ken
KW7DSP

Contest

Post by KW7DSP »

Well this has certainly turned into a fine pissing contest. I wouldn't buy from either one of you. "He said, she said", will never convince anyone.
KW7DSP
WPSL211
w4amp

Yawn

Post by w4amp »

I've been selling equipment for thirteen years, and I have been liscensed for thirteen years. I have never ripped off a single individual, and whenever I have made a deal with someone involving a radio I have carried out my end of the bargain 100%. Justin, on the other hand, has been ripping people off for years.. He tried to rip me off, but the worst thing that happened to me was my rig was tied up for two days. If you want to equate us together I guess you can KW7DSP. But you are a damn jerk for doing it. And don't worry, I would'nt sell you a rig either. You would probaly use it on GMRS. I see you like to comment on everyone's misfortune with authority.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=707&highlight=

Here you chastise someone saying a deal was too good to be true. You in your infinite wisdom say the radio is worth over 400$ new. But as the seller you ridicule points out, the rig is worth 269$ new. You never even apologize to this honest ham who is out 175$. Choad.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=403&highlight=

On this thread you whine because 64 people read your post and no one responded. Do you know the value of anything? Choad

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=376&highlight=

There you go jumping in a thread commenting like an expert on things you know nothing about. Another Choad.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=413&highlight=

In this thread you get slapped and whine accordingly. Do you see a pattern yet KW7DSP, er, choad?

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=153&highlight=

Here you jump right into another rip off that has absolutely nothing to do with you AGAIN. And as usual you make a little inflammatory comment. Did you not get any breast milk as a child? Choad #5

"I am now a full time student at Chemeketa College in Salem Oregon"

What is your major? I sure hope it is not Psychology!

"I tried to become a General for 37 years. I just didn't have an ear for code. I have worked in Marine Electronics, Avionics and Robotics."

Wow! A real go-getter!

"I am currently un-employed (Down sizing and Medical) and have returned to the Willamette Valley after 18 years of absence."

Wow! Another big surprise!

Continue to add your ignorant, uninformed, and childish comments to all these threads. People that have just been defrauded out of their hard earned money often need the inane commentary of a real life ham expert like yourself. We would be lost without them.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
kendoman

Recourse for internet purchases

Post by kendoman »

Internet Fraud Complaint Center web-site:
https://www.ifccfbi.gov

Another option for people that get scammed (by sending payment using US mail) is the US Postal Inspection Service Mail Fraud On-Line Complaint Form:
https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/f ... plaint.htm

The Federal Trade Commission consumer complaint form:
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.star ... _CODE=PU01
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

The poor chap doesn't even know the difference in liable and libel. The truth is not a form of libel and JUSTIN KORPAL has demonstrated that he is a crook, scam artist, and thief. That is TRUTH!

He can't even stay away from it. It is like an addiction to scam!
kendoman

oops

Post by kendoman »

i see another unsatisfied customer has posted a message about justin concerning merchandise he bought from him back in January. lovely.
w4amp

Copied from QTH.com

Post by w4amp »

ANNOUNCE - Justin Korpal K0RPL, _Please Ship Items!
Justin Korpal, K0RPL,
Please Sir, Help Me!
More Than Twenty Times Since March2004
Ive Called And Left Voice Mail For You
On Numbers Listed In Your Adds Here,
To Which Your Provider Acknowledged "Message Sent,"
On Several Occasions Since March 2004 Ive Emailed You
Via Your Adds Here, And None Of Them Bounced,
Im Still Waiting For Items You Said Would Be Shipped,
To Complete A January 2004 Transaction,
But All To No Avail!
Please Dont Force Negative Feedback
And Or Small Claims Action!
___But Rather,Please Put Me In Receipt
Of The Items In Question
On Or Before October 22, 2004.
Such Action Will Be Noted Here.
Thank You Sir,
Danny Dyer,
Wb4idu/4.
!
Listing #434408 - Submitted on 10/12/04 by Callsign WB4IDU/4
K4ICL

Danny

Post by K4ICL »

I chatted with Danny the other day about some gear he was looking for. He is a sightless person and a heck of a nice guy.

My hope is that Danny will receive the equipment owed to him.

AL

K4ICL
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I understand that Danny has received a UPS tracking number, and it is valid according to UPS. So, hopefully he receives the equipment.

I have notified K0RPL that I will not stand for any more of this nonsense.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w2dwr

Post by w2dwr »

Hi,
I guess this is true confession time. I saw all the complaints about K0RPL and felt they were overdone. Stupid me. Apparently, my name should be added to the list of Mr. Korpal's victims. I sent him a cashiers check for a Viking VFOand a receiver. I have all the emails from him where he complained the the check hadn't arrived in five days and I explained that Florida mail was sufferring from the affects of the hurricanes. He then said he received the money and would ship the equipment and send me a tracking number. No number - no equipment. I wrote him another email and he wrote back that he had been busy but it would be shipped. Then, nothing. I sent several more emails and received no replies. Then, at Scott's recommendation, I sent an email to his boss since he was using the company email. I didn't even receive a reply from that.

After almost 50 years of ham radio, I am ashamed to admit I am a ham and associated with persons who act as he does. My buying from people over the internet has just ended. I thought it was just on ebay where this happened but I guess it is all over.

Joe W2DWR
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Justin Korpal

Post by KA9FOX »

Joe, don't give up so soon. First, there are many, many good deals being done here everyday. Frankly, with the questionable comments here, you even admitted you should have known better.

You should feel good about trading with the people here that have good feedback... and even those that have NO feedback. As long as you read my Safe Trading Tips, you should be fine.

Regarding Mr. Korpal, what about calling his employer at (920) 468-5426? I found that number on the Baycominc.com web site. It's possible that Justin intercepted your e-mail to the company? Or maybe they just don't read e-mail that often.

Please keep us posted.

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com