RADIOGEARPRO.COM ... "pro" is a real misnomer...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB3RPE

RADIOGEARPRO.COM ... "pro" is a real misnomer...

Post by KB3RPE »

My experience was NOT a "good" one....:evil:

Bought an HT antenna that made "gain" claims it didn't come close to.

After many failed attempts at 2 email addresses for the seller & their web claim of "100 guaranteed satisfaction", had to dispute purchase with PayPal..

xxxx, answering Flippin' emails would be "Nice" & then attempt to "satisfy" your customers. So, I hope they "xxxx Off" enough people to have a "Banner Year" in sales........ :wink:

Here's link to product http://www.radiogearpro.com/main/produc ... cts_id=631

I WON dipute (so I guess PP is OK for something HiHi ). Obviously, I won't be purchasing there anymore & as always "caveat emptor".....

Just my 2¢s, your mileage may vary....but I doubt it ...
:!:
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Every antenna manufacturer lists unrealistic gain claims. All of them. You expected gain from an HT Antenna? You expected Gain from a Stubby HT Antenna?

Antenna theory must not be one of your strong points. And you're an Extra! Amazing!

So you didn't do your homework, and it is this companies fault?

BTW, please tell me how you determined the Gain Claims were false.
Steve - KA9MOT
KB3RPE

Post by KB3RPE »

KA9MOT wrote:Every antenna manufacturer lists unrealistic gain claims. All of them. You expected gain from an HT Antenna? You expected Gain from a Stubby HT Antenna?

Antenna theory must not be one of your strong points. And you're an Extra! Amazing!

So you didn't do your homework, and it is this companies fault?

BTW, please tell me how you determined the Gain Claims were false.
Wow aren't you a "Ray of Sunshine", even though "you're only a General"...
...Gee i'm sorry I'm not an Antenna Expert?!! Sorry I don't spend all my free time learning "Antenna Theory"....

Oh well, now I've slung my mud back...so I wonder, why it wasn't fulfilling...Guess it's a personality flaw.....:wink:

However the "jist" of my original post, my MAIN ISSUE with them, wasn't so much the gain claims but was the LACK OF RESPONSE, you know their claim to "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed"... No responses from a seller shows me just how much they really care about buyers, IMNSHO!!!!
Oh well, "Over & out, too much QRN, Roger Roger"...:roll:
w7why

Re: RADIOGEARPRO.COM ... "pro" is a real misnomer.

Post by w7why »

My experience was NOT a "good" one....:evil:

Bought an HT antenna that made "gain" claims it didn't come close to.
Gain over what?

Every antenna has 'gain' over something.
Tom W7WHY