Martyn K4TEC The Peoples Court: You Decide!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

Martyn K4TEC The Peoples Court: You Decide!

Post by w8jn »

Martyn claims to "turn the other cheek" and "not let ham radio make him angry or vengeful"
Here is the real Martyn..... Judge for yourself. His feedback about others speaks for itself! His wife Leslie quotes the bible. Maybe she missed her hubsters angry bullying and assaults.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=r ... by&Many=ON
HIFISWL

Post by HIFISWL »

I remember buying a radio that was supposed to be in mint condition from him years ago on ebay. Its been many years and I cant even remember what the radio was. However I do remember when I received it , it was poorly packed and anything but mint. It wasn't even in the ball park of being in good condition. Getting a refund was like pulling teeth and it cost me for shipping.
He then put me on his "blocked list." Like I had done something wrong. I would never buy from him again anyway.
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

I myself have nothing but praise for Martyn..But then again he has never sold me anything.I don't think i have ever seen one man beaten on in threads on a forum like him.I know you can't please everyone and when you deal in volume sales of used equipment some things may honestly slip by that should have been caught.However if you choose to sell that much equipment and deal with volumes of people you need a small army to test everything from end to end as we all know we are Very picky when it comes to radio equipment as we should be.No matter how good you treat some people they can't be happy.I am not defending him but i can say he has a lot of loyal customer's as well that seem to be more than willing to deal with him on a regular basis.I think this is like beating a dead horse.Nothing anyone say's on here is gonna change peoples opinion of him.Most either Like him or just as many dislike him.So what's the point in doing this over and over?I do have a couple of ham friends that have purchased a couple of rigs from him and they were just as advertized.The answer is simple if you think he has stuck it to ya don't buy from him anymore lesson learned.If he has treated you fair keep buying,Myself i don't think i would let anything said here stop me from buying a rig or whatever from Martyn as i have seen myself he had many more positive feedback's on ebay than negative's.Just my opinion.
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

"KY4HTJ" does not appear in the Callsign Database
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

KD8HAV wrote:"KY4HTJ" does not appear in the Callsign Database
Because it's n4dxx..Thanks
w8jn

?????

Post by w8jn »

Someone with a bogus bootleg call defending Martin? WOW.....
Happy Hoss Trading. Paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

wonder how many of those positive were placed either before actually using the equipment or like i was at the time as a new buyer with radio mart(Martyn) buying a power supply that was anything but like new as advertised but actually did work. So if i had returned it i would have gotten the typical Radio Mart lie about the transaction plus after paying shipping both ways i would have had very little of my cost back in my pocket. Curious as how some one who has never dealt with some one and uses a ficticious ham call can be so defensive of Martyn,UNLESS ".
Larry Huff K0pd
n4dxx

Re: ?????

Post by n4dxx »

w8jn wrote:Someone with a bogus bootleg call defending Martin? WOW.....
Learn to read and you will see i am no bootleger and if you could read the post i stated i was not defending anyone..Seem's you enjoy beating dead horses.Also seems Martyn may have fed you sour apples,Least i didn't fall for it.N4DXX
K9XR

Re: ?????

Post by K9XR »

I just want to be sure I have this correct. Are you beating the dead horse about beating the dead horse? I'm just wondering.

ky4htj wrote:
w8jn wrote:Someone with a bogus bootleg call defending Martin? WOW.....
Learn to read and you will see i am no bootleger and if you could read the post i stated i was not defending anyone..Seem's you enjoy beating dead horses.Also seems Martyn may have fed you sour apples,Least i didn't fall for it.N4DXX
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

You would think this forum could be put to better use than pretending to be Judge Judy or QTH hiway patrol.Thanks and i shall beat no more horses.
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Radio-Mart currently has for sale a Drake SW-8, which he describes a "mint" ,"in the box", and "I do believe it has not been used before."
Well, that's funny...the SAME UNIT (s/n 4k12950074) he bought on Ebay recently, left negative feedback and demanded a refund from the seller saying it "doesn't work".

There goes your honest boy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

http://www.radio-mart.net/Drake-SW-8-Mu ... eiver.html
K9XR

OH YEAH!!!!

Post by K9XR »

Now that's the Martyn that we all know and love. I'd like to hear him try to get out of this one. I know for sure that anyone involved "would be a Liar" and is just trying to pick on him. This is just another prime example of why you can't trust this LYING THIEF. He really does give hams a bad name. I was willing to give him a second chance, but this is one more example that proves that he hasn't really changed a thing, except instead of doing it on ebay, he is doing it here on QTH.COM.

larrylanberg wrote:Radio-Mart currently has for sale a Drake SW-8, which he describes a "mint" ,"in the box", and "I do believe it has not been used before."
Well, that's funny...the SAME UNIT (s/n 4k12950074) he bought on Ebay recently, left negative feedback and demanded a refund from the seller saying it "doesn't work".

There goes your honest boy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

http://www.radio-mart.net/Drake-SW-8-Mu ... eiver.html
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

Now that i can see with my own 2 peeper's.Misrepresentation at it's finest.MARTYN you run a buisness.That is no way to treat anyone.I had my doubts about you being so dishonest but the proof's in the pudding and there's no way i could buy anything from you after that evidence.Guilty as charged.
The Bootlegger oops Not!!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Like Al said this is the Martyn we all know only to well. All those who claim were just picking on him what more evidence do you need.
Larry Huff K0pd
n5qmg

Post by n5qmg »

Where's the lie? He bought the radio on e-bay "as new", that much we can see. Apparently it didn't work when he tested it so he wanted a refund and got screwed out of it. That's what the e-bay feedback says. I would guess that he then fixed it (since he was stuck with it) and put it for sale. Could have been minor to fix, who knows? At any rate he "believes it not to have been used". Have you ever seen anything new in the box that didn't work? I sure have. Where's the lie? Just looks like typical salesman tactics to me, I would think the "professional hams" would be proud at how well he made a silk purse out of a sows ear. :D

I guess the big question is, have any of you guys ever fixed anything you bought and then put it for sale without saying you had it repaired? Would it be wrong for someone other than martin to do it?
Last edited by n5qmg on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
w8jn

BOGUS

Post by w8jn »

Wow,
This is the most bogus rationalization I have ever heard. You must be Martyns twin mini me!
Happy Hoss Trading! Paul w8jn
n5qmg wrote:Where's the lie? He bought the radio on e-bay "as new", that much we can see. Apparently it didn't work when he tested it so he wanted a refund and got screwed out of it. That's what the e-bay feedback says. I would guess that he then fixed it (since he was stuck with it) and put it for sale. Could have been minor to fix, who knows? At any rate he "believes it not to have been used". Have you ever seen anything new in the box that didn't work? I sure have. Where's the lie? Just looks like typical salesman tactics to me, I would think the "professional hams" would be proud at how well he made a silk purse out of a sows ear. :D

I guess the big question is, have any of you guys ever fixed anything you bought and then put it for sale without saying you had it repaired?
n5qmg

Post by n5qmg »

I see you couldn't spot the outright lie either, so you personally attack me. I'm starting to see how it works around here.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Wow so Martyn was taken but the other guy the seller was not. It appears Martyn lost his claim,which by the way many people who have sold to Martyn have had the same problem. Why not go over to QRZ and read the 27 pages of complaints against him. Ask AL K9XR who has responded to this thread plus i sold him a Radio one time and he tried to get his money back claiming he never got the radio. Only to have a couple of weeks later have the buyer of the radio e mail me wanting to know if the Mic i sent with radio worked OK as the one he got did not. I assured him the mic i sent worked perfectly. Some people just have to get burned before they learn the fire is Hot.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Re: BOGUS

Post by K4TEC »

w8jn wrote:Wow,
This is the most bogus rationalization I have ever heard. You must be Martyns twin mini me!
n5qmg wrote:Where's the lie? He bought the radio on e-bay "as new", that much we can see. Apparently it didn't work when he tested it so he wanted a refund and got screwed out of it. That's what the e-bay feedback says. I would guess that he then fixed it (since he was stuck with it) and put it for sale. Could have been minor to fix, who knows? At any rate he "believes it not to have been used". Have you ever seen anything new in the box that didn't work? I sure have. Where's the lie? Just looks like typical salesman tactics to me, I would think the "professional hams" would be proud at how well he made a silk purse out of a sows ear. :D

I guess the big question is, have any of you guys ever fixed anything you bought and then put it for sale without saying you had it repaired?
I have no idea who N5QMG is but his comments are right on the money, Yes I did buy the SW-8 on eBay described as "Item condition: New ", like you never have purchased on ebay?
It did not work so I requested a full refund of $422.46 plus the $30 shipping I paid for it, darned right, I recon you would do the same?, I was told to go shove it so of course I left negative feedback, who would not do the same?
So I repaired it, after all thats what I do,, nothing new there, and I relisted it for $499 as it really is mint,, WOW a $50 profit I hear you say,, OMG how could he make money out of selling ham radio equipment?,,, well take in to account the 2 hours repair time and component value,, I would say I am breaking even.

So you can believe what you like,, I see I have my main 2 supporters chirping up on here so the stupid comments dont surprise me.

Some one supports me they get accused of being me or a friend of mine,, crazy hihi

Best 73s and thats my 2 cents worth
n5qmg

Post by n5qmg »

K4TEC wrote:

I have no idea who N5QMG is but his comments are right on the money, Yes I did buy the SW-8 on eBay described as "Item condition: New ", like you never have purchased on ebay?
It did not work so I requested a full refund of $422.46 plus the $30 shipping I paid for it, darned right, I recon you would do the same?, I was told to go shove it so of course I left negative feedback, who would not do the same?
So I repaired it, after all thats what I do,, nothing new there, and I relisted it for $499 as it really is mint,, WOW a $50 profit I hear you say,, OMG how could he make money out of selling ham radio equipment?,,, well take in to account the 2 hours repair time and component value,, I would say I am breaking even.

So you can believe what you like,, I see I have my main 2 supporters chirping up on here so the stupid comments dont surprise me.

Some one supports me they get accused of being me or a friend of mine,, crazy hihi

LOL It's because I actually read things and cogitate on that information, rather than discounting all of it and fabricating my own "interpretation" of what was written, and then arguing against that. It's apparently a rarity these days.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

n5qmg wrote:
K4TEC wrote:

LOL It's because I actually read things and cogitate on that information, rather than discounting all of it and fabricating my own "interpretation" of what was written, and then arguing against that. It's apparently a rarity these days.
So figure this, I spend over $450 on a radio sold to me as new that arrived in non-working condition and it is turned around to sound like I am at fault here?? WOW,

Here is a partial copy of a response from PayPal stating the radio I sent back, the refund had bounced,

"Hello Radio Mart,
An eCheck payment from XXXXXXXX was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment.
eCheck details:
Amount:
$464.66 USD

Well I had already shipped it back but was lucky to redirect it back here,, $32 UPS fee to me,
and the sellers response received May 17th, I have blanked out the swear words
"YOUR REALLY FXXXXXX PIXXING ME OFF!!! SENDING MY EMAILS TO EBAY...WHEN I GO TO HARRODSBURG SHORTLY IM GONNA PAY YOU A VISIT BITXX AND TRUST ME YOU DON'T WANT THAT, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT I CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!! BY THE WAY NICE FAMILY ON FACEBOOK!!! YOUR MOTORCYCLE SUCKS"
Now this is the mentality of some of the people I deal with, sorry for the offensive language, So I await his arrival.

Well hat's off to you N5QMG, I wish all others would see through the BS and realize that idiots like Larry and Larry are just out to cause as much trouble as they can,, for example, Lamberg called my BBB ( I am a proud A+ member) and complained about not receiving a power supply for his SW-8 receiver despite me listing it with one but was more than happy to agree on a partial refund and even emailed me to say what a happy chap after he received his refund, only to have my local BBB contact me a week or so later as he had complained to them about my mis-advertised item, he failed to mention he already agreed on a partial refund to cover the cost of a power supply PLUS I had already offered him a refund in full for his trouble INCLUDING shipping both ways, so being a good egg here, I suggested mediation Larry agreed on it yet always failed to be available at agreed times giving some excuse as to why he could not make the appointment just 10 minutes before mediation was timed to start, thus the BBB closed the case as he was just wasting everyone’s time, he continues to do so and several hams saw through him for what he really is, to me, just a waste of time
Anyhow, I have said enough, I get bored with this kind of accusation easily as most who have dealt with me have never had a problem, Member id radio-mart ( Feedback Score Of 17453) seem to think so?
73s all
n5qmg

Yeah, it figures

Post by n5qmg »

Go read the thread I started about integrity and you will see how I am to blame for trying to buy an IC-7000 when the seller backs out and sells to someone else after promising it to me. It's all my fault, cuz even though I sent a firm "I'll take it if you still have it" as soon as I saw the posting, I made the mistake of asking some questions IN A LATER E-MAIL about the broken remote cable listed in the add. Look at the thread, examine the time line and see for yourself who the jerk really was in that deal.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Gee Martyn what is it two three times you've stated you will no longer respond to th comments on you here. Let me make one thing clear i hope your new site does well and would like to see your reputation get better. Like i've told you before i will not buy from you and one thing i forgot to mention a year or two back maybe longer you placed me on your banned from buying list because i told my experiences with you. I do not dislike you but i also do not trust you. One lie i'll quote you made and was caught on that is where you stated Gotta Have it a name you used for buying at one time an maybe still do, you said you had no real contact with but did know the person. Then later you let it slip that it was one of your names you used and later your wife said that she used it. It just so happens that you or any one lie's to me they have lost my trust or i see lieing i no longer trust. As for the thread N5qmg started i for one said nothing negative about you but you did come on a little strong to start it and became quite defensive.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

k0pd wrote:Gee Martyn what is it two three times you've stated you will no longer respond to th comments on you here. Let me make one thing clear i hope your new site does well and would like to see your reputation get better. Like i've told you before i will not buy from you and one thing i forgot to mention a year or two back maybe longer you placed me on your banned from buying list because i told my experiences with you. I do not dislike you but i also do not trust you. One lie i'll quote you made and was caught on that is where you stated Gotta Have it a name you used for buying at one time an maybe still do, you said you had no real contact with but did know the person. Then later you let it slip that it was one of your names you used and later your wife said that she used it. It just so happens that you or any one lie's to me they have lost my trust or i see lieing i no longer trust. As for the thread N5qmg started i for one said nothing negative about you but you did come on a little strong to start it and became quite defensive.
Larry I will take your comments the way they were intended and appreciate your wishes re my company, of course I would welcome you as a customer but respect your wishes if you decide to not buy from me in the future.
there has been a lot of water under the bridge between us and hopefully with this said we can move on.
73s
w8jn

Veiled threats and vulgar emails from Martyn and pals

Post by w8jn »

Martyn,
The biggest issue with you seems to center around "He said, she said". My suggestion is that we communicate in public so that all can see and judge for themselves. I will post your two unsolicited unasked for private emails you sent to me uncensored including your veiled threats.

Below from Martyn

The following is an email sent to you by K4TEC via your account on QTH.COM. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

ka9fox@qth.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of K4TEC.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul I mentioned your comments to my customer and he came back with

Martyn : i was to the Dr. yesterday & am trying new rx's . we'll see.
it got hot here . it's 96 today , and predicted for 98 tomorrow .
me : i wouldn't address this guy or his buddies , that's wasting energy .that's like getting a GREAT erection , and unloading into a paper bag . they are meaningless living things , not even people .
if anything , I WOULD SAY : " GEE PAUL , I DO HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY FROM YOUR COMPLETE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL BREAKDOWN " ... " WE ALL HERE WISH A SPEEDY RECOVERY TO YOU MATE"

cu
mitchell

You see Paul you are so wrong, I may just post my invitation on the forum as you have not taken the time to call me, not even toll free, why not?

I really do hope we meet one day,, do you go to a local radio club where you may feel more comfortable meeting me? I dont mind making the effort or you can come down here to one of mine, I will even meet you in a lawyers office if you think you need assistance with the rules of the law?

Maybe you would prefer just a chat on the phone? anyway I am not going to hold my breath, but my invatation is out there in private for now, I hope you make a positive step forward towards a man you dont know, have never done business with yet make unfounded comments about based on what? your logic is amazing from where I am sat.

I have forwarded my emails on to Scott the owner of this web site so as to let him know my intentions etc.

Back to you
73s
Martyn

Hello w8jn,

The following is an email sent to you by K4TEC via your account on QTH.COM. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

ka9fox@qth.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of K4TEC.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Paul
I have just seen some of your comments on the forum and have to ask what your problem is?

I see your only up the road, please feel free to come down to my QTH and have a look around, a chat and or a coffee, you more than welcome as I really would like to answer any questions you have about me, my company and my business practices.

You live very close to my best friend up in Hebron so if it’s not convenient for you to come here I am more than happy coming up to see you.

Please don’t take this as a threat or intimidation but the comments you have been making I do find to be offensive and if you come here to my QTH I have everything on hand to make an accurate defense of my position, for example you imply I am an Mrowe? I can tell you now I am not, never have been and never will be, I do know a Mr Rowe, I recently sold him 2 Kenwood TS-870s and a Kenwood TS-570D, and I was aware that he had posted a comment on the forum but I have to ask what gives you the right to lie and to make me look bad over some one else’s comments? Shame on you Paul, for your suggestions, some others I would expect it from but you, I would not have.

So Paul, My phone # is 859-221-8015, give me a call, lets meet and if you have any issues please don’t be shy, list them and let’s talk about them.

I had better send a copy of this email to Scott the owner of the web site so it cannot be said I am twisting things around.

It’s back to you
73s
Martyn