W4/G4AGV Martyn / Radio Mart - Buyers/Sellers Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wr0t

Martyn

Post by wr0t »

Ah, I am glad to see a positive about my friend Martyn at last. I just can't believe how a few uninformed whiners can try and trash an outstanding seller like Martyn.

I have done business with him several times and will continue.. For a while he was buying all the professionaly restored and painted Drake speaker and power supplies from me as well as a lot of Collins and Drake gear.

I never had a problem either selling or buying from him.

If I am in need of anything Collins, he is the first place I go to. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by wr0t on Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
k8pcu

Martyn

Post by k8pcu »

Have done business with Martyn and will again in future. Always been good to trade with. Thanks Martyn :D :D :D
w8icy

Post by w8icy »

I'm glad to hear that Jerry Wells KD0PD of Pueblo, CO was scammed 5 times. Jerry scammed me out of $400 last year on an amplifier deal. Maybe he learned to do it to others from good ol' Martyn. Jerry, if you read this, how about being honest and returning my money. I did post his actions on this forum last year.
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

W8ICY: I'm glad to hear that Jerry Wells KD0PD of Pueblo, CO was scammed 5 times.
It's hard to believe that anyone could get scammed 5 times by the same guy :!:
wr0t

Martyn's rigs

Post by wr0t »

I just bought some more gear from Martyn and as usual, all outstanding pieces......

He is the no 1 used gear seller in my book......... :D :D :D :D
Martyn

Bored so guess I will post a response

Post by Martyn »

Well I read all of the posts with great interest, I was going to respond to each issue on an individual basis but to be honest I can’t be bothered lowering myself to that.

I have been a proud radio amateur for more than 30 years, I do own radiomart, no big secret there, I also do know gottahaveit1995 no big secret there either but I have no direct connection with him, We do intertrade hence the obvious association, there hope that’s cleared that up.

Now on to the 7,239 Customers who have purchased items from me over the past 12 months (yes I did check my invoice books) a big thank you and I am pleased that over 7,200 are satisfied, the other minute percentage, well 20 got refunds and the other 19, give up trying to rip me off.

Now those who know me know I run a legitimate business, yes I have had the IRS come down and spoken to the better business bureau, all who are completely satisfied with the way I do business.

It is also commonly known that I have had more Collins and Drake radio's through here than any one else in the USA, and like Mr. Diamond states, these items are old and if anyone thinks they are going to go on forever is crazy.

All of my descriptions are accurate, Let me give you one example of the type of customer and Poster on this forum is like.

This individual buys 2 items off e-Bay, a receiver and power supply but asks me as a favor if I will sell a TX to him off e-bay, I agree and he pays me and I ship the 3 items, now this is a well educated man, the equipment arrives, deal done, yes the items were described to him and pictures sent to show the items, well the guy is not happy, the 75S-3B he claims is not the original paint, Which of course it is but he doesn’t think so, so I deny him a refund of just over $500, yes $500 for an excellent working and looking 75S-3B, well I was being stubborn due to his rude attitude, as I described the items well, so, he writes to e-bay, Paypal, the IRS, the BBB and they all sided with me as my terms were very clear, well 4 months later he decided to lie to his credit card company, said he never received the goods, so I proved to them I shipped the 3 boxes and he signed for them along with his complaints proving once again he received the items, Well it seemed that was not good enough and they did the chargeback, then that comes in to the realm of theft, I asked a friend to contact him and arranged at my expense to have the 2 boxes collected, fortunately, they arrived back here and I tested the items and they all performed well and looked as good as when I last saw them, so I resold them, this time the receiver sold for $1350 and the power supply for $400 so of course I am happy but I say now, the original origin of the complaint was the paint was not original,,, YES IT WAS!!!. And the way you lied to force a refund, you should know better?

Now I make it clear, this does not stress me out, the silly snide comments and remarks, well those who write them are wasting their time and to think, that these are ambassadors responsible in promoting the good faith of this wonderful hobby of ham radio,,, well its beyond me.

Now I do not stress to be perfect, I am not, but one thing that I am, is a good honest and respectable dealer, I don’t see any complaints from the people I send money to, over $2.7 million dollars to last year alone and my profile shows 22% repeat customers and 4,000 positive feedback e-bay sales alone as well as my off e-bay business.

Yes I know I have 5 people who seem to delight in being dishonest, lying whenever they can but to you 5 I have to say, you’re wasting your time or you have too much time on your hands and have nothing better to do, just give it up.

Now to those of you who are wondering about my summer break from e-Bay, it was because I listed 3 times the same radio that was not FCC approved, this was of my own doing and not as any results of complaints, now that that cleared up.

Not to Drag Scott in to this but even some of the comments he saw were so ridiculous and comical in their claims, man got burnt 5 times,, still makes me laugh even to this day...

Now one issue I see posted from W8AMR I will go in to this one, this buyer came to my old QTH some 3 years ago, saw what he liked, a big Henry amp, $1000, he studied it and we loaded it up and he took it away, now this was a perfect working amp, it had been tested and I had used it for a while.

Now a week after he purchased it he contacted me and told me it had stopped working, he said it was the transformer, so I purchased a transformer for $400 and shipped it to him, all free of charge, then several weeks later he told me a tube had gone soft, I asked him to sent the tube back so I could test it myself, ne promised he would, in the meantime I sent 2 brand new 3-500 Eimacs off to him, free of charge, never heard a thing back, Hey Larry you fail to mention this don’t you? and all I had was your word, I took you at face value and tried my best to resolve any complaints you said you had, you could have been lying to me also, and bear in mind again, this is an old piece of electronic equipment, it will break down some time, but just look at the way I handled your complaint, I went way further than any one I know to satisfy you, like I said, you failed to mention that.

Well I have said my piece, still not stressed out, still trading on and off e-bay, still spending tens of thousands of dollars through QTH.com, great Site Scott and still satisfying the demands of the serious collector of older type Ham Radio equipment.

This is the first and last posting I will be making as selling over 100 radios’s a week takes up all of my time to be able to offer a good service.

73's Guys
Martyn
wr0t

Martyn

Post by wr0t »

Well said Martyn..... Let the few whiners and crybabies do their shopping at AES or the local garage sales and leave the real hams alone...

BTW I sold a Collins item thru Ebay to one of the whiners here also and it was fine until he found who I was and then started complaining that it was broken, parts missing and wanted a full refund. That did not happen. Yep, EBAY and PayPal sided with him also but I beat the charges and all it cost me was Ebay and PayPal membership. That is really no big deal to me.

I thought I had better clear up the EBay thing, due to the complaint they just suspended me for 60 days.

The reason that I had my account suspended was because I stood my ground about listing an "extended range hf transmitter" which is in violation of their terms of service. I relisted it 3 more times after they removed it until they barred me.

Was I guilty?? You bet I was, I listed a Collins 32V1 transmitter and some kind person pointed out to EBay that it covered CB.

Now I have said my piece on this subject.
kd0pd

Martin Allison of Sadieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

Normally I prefer not to post complaints or give negative feedbacks. However in this case I feel complelled to warn other fellow amateurs. I've had several transactions with him and nearly all have concluded poorly to say the least. Martin consistantly mis-represents his sale items both in his discriptive verbage and pictorial views. He often uses the same pictures of previously sold and different equipment rather than the equipment he is selling in a new listing. Additionally, he's often got some sort of a false story to intice the buyer. I see him list items that I would like to own and would bid generously on them but know well that you cannot trust anything he says what so ever so I just pass it by. It was my understanding that he was refused listings on e-bay at one time recently due to the many buyer complaints. I also understood he had a simular situation here on Qth.Com and Qrz.Com as well. I see has changed his user sign-in data and is back on these selling sources again. I've said it before and might as well say it again, Martin is a silver plated phony. He's a liar, cheat and thief. Do yourself a favor and check his feedback on e-bay as well as here on Qth.Com before you buy anything from him. He has developed quite a bad reputation with many buyers.
Sincerely,
Jerry Wells kd0pd
519 Broadway Avenue
Pueblo, Colorado 81004
Phone: 719-545-7162
e-mail: kd0pd@comcast.net
e-bay member: kd0pd1
Martyn

Re Mr Wells

Post by Martyn »

Well I am going to be blunt

Jerry your full of crap.... you are a liar and cheat and still owe people money to this day, see above postings about you...

Be a Man Jerry and Give W8ICY his money back

I ONLY use my own, freshly taken pictures on my e-bay listings, always have and re my suspension, like I said it had nothing to do with buyer complaints just my insistance to ignore warning to not list a certain CB radio and for NO OTHER REASON.

I have very close to 4,000 positive feedbacks and those thousands of customers are very satisfied, enough to take the time to say thank you.

As you are aware, you are blocked from bidding on my items and that status will always remain in place, so get off my case and go back under the rock that you crawled out from, Any more lies from you and I will take you to court as I have enough evidence now thanks to several friends who you have taken for idiots who sadly dont have the money to see this through.

Now enough said.
wr0t

Martyn

Post by wr0t »

w8icy wrote:I'm glad to hear that Jerry Wells KD0PD of Pueblo, CO was scammed 5 times. Jerry scammed me out of $400 last year on an amplifier deal. Maybe he learned to do it to others from good ol' Martyn. Jerry, if you read this, how about being honest and returning my money. I did post his actions on this forum last year.
Well, well, another case of people in glass houses throwing rocks at other peoples housed. How do you explain this one Jerry?????

It does seem like there is about 5 people that do not like Martyn and thousands do. Do the math guys, something is fishy.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
k8pcu

Martyn and eBay

Post by k8pcu »

Martyn, glad to see you back on eBay. They do some stupid things from time to time including suspending folks for what they think is an improper listing. I have been there and done that and in the last three weeks they have removed a listing of mine twice stating that it is against their rules and the FCC's rules. Gee, I have never seen in there rules or the FCC's rules anything that says an "amplified microphone" is illegal.

Anyway glad to see you back and I will continue to do business with you as in the past. For anyone else reading this I will say again that dealing with Martyn has always been a good experience.

Good luck, Jim K8PCU, morerf.com
Martyn

Thanks Guys

Post by Martyn »

Thanks to all of my supporters, it is very nice to see its not all "lets Hate Martyn" out there

I am pleased to have received hundreds of e-mails welcoming me back and it goes to prove to me that Ham Radio is full of great people, I knew there was a reason for getting in to the hobby in the first place hihi.

Well with over 190 items listed this week, money back in the bank, I am always on the prowl for good items that I can buy and pass on to a good home.

I have many horror stories that I could tell about being ripped off, not from others points of view but clear fraud but I handle tham in my own way and 99% of the time always get a resolution.

I am not super wealthy but would invest $20K Just to satisfy that what was being said was nonsence.

Well back to the contest.

I thank you all once again, sellers and buyers

Regards
Martyn
AB3L

Post by AB3L »

Martyn, if "investing 20K " is a threat to those who have posted here, let me be the first in line.
I will stand by my words. You misrepresented the manual that I mentioned here. Your sale listed the R-390 manual as "original" and with such a great background in the resale business, you most likely should know what a copy manual is.
When I refused to complete the transaction on those grounds you threatened me. Now, I had you dead to rights but you still had to threaten me on this so you could make money. At that point you become someone to be leary of in my book. You chose the path.
I got off lucky as this was a lo-buck item. Others may not have been as lucky.

This forum is a wonderfull place to warn others. If they decide to deal with you after that point it's on them.

If you encounter someone that is lying here then they should apologize. If they haven't then you need to oppologize. Simple as that.

As for the "let's hate Martyn" statement, you can probably dry your eyes. I think this whole forum is about people who hate rip-offs or feel wonderfull about a transaction that they have had. The participants speak their minds.
If you aren't a rip-off there is no need to worry!

By the way Martyn, since you are here maybe you could clear up something. You were listed as Multicomm2000 on Ebay at one time. Are you the same Multicomm2000 that was or is a commercial dealer in electronics?
kd0pd

Martiyn Allison of Sadieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

Marttyn.,
You have really scared me with your threats but then I remembered that you were a kinder-garden drop-out. I'd love to meet you in a court room or in a dark alley for that matter. You are showing your true nature and intelligence to all with your replys. Keep it up so all may see you for what you really :lol: are.
Your Good Friend,
Jerry
Last edited by kd0pd on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB3L

Post by AB3L »

Mr. Bill, WR0T, I'm glad you pulled pack your statement that was here this morning. Unfortunately I was heading off to work and had no time to reply and capture your actual words.
I won't reply to the statement that the people that voice disatisfaction with Martyn are "sick, sick, sick."

I find it funny that you suggested that we get a life and move on.
I notice that you have to date 114 replies to posts since 2003. Maybe you are the one that spends too much time here?
I have only participated on this thread and I did it to possibly help others be
aware of a down side of Martyn's dealings. I didn't make anything up.

Your "signature" always includes "proud to fly the flag". One of the great rights we have here under our flag is to be able to express our opinion. In my opinion you have gone to great lengths here to try and squelch free speech.

Actually, if you look at the amount of participation this thread has has, it looks as though the flames on the thread have been fanned by you.
One affirmation on your part as to your good fortune with him may have been enough. It might have fizzled out a lot sooner.

Good luck to the buyers. Continued luck to the sellers that try hard to offer a good, accurately described item.

73's Bob
wr0t

Martyn

Post by wr0t »

Hay Bob, I did not delete or "pull back" any posts and you said. My computer network was down to to ISP, and equipment changes.

Yes, I said Sick, Sick, Sick. How 5 people that appear to be uninformed in the buying and selling of equipment can keep raising heck with a person that has thousands of satisified customers is just beyond me....

Like it or not, that is my opinion.

Now Bob, I am sure you will rejoice as well as several others, this will be it for me on posting here.

Aside of my discust with some of you guys, I am going to throw the "big switch" so all present email addresses , web pages, etc. will be shut down and switched over to the new ISP and network in about 10 to 15 min.

So save the bandwidth used by your flames as they will not come to me as I have cancled all forwarding services.. This site will not even be book marked any longer.

So ya all go ahead and play your games, I am going to a new marble game..

:D :D :evil: :evil: :P :P :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( :( :wink: :wink: :wink:

Since my equipment collection is now complete, I am moving into another area of enjoyment, digital photography.
AB3L

Post by AB3L »

Sorry Bill,
When I am called a liar I have to respond.

You did indeed pull your post. I have since talked to Scott about the situation and he has changed things so that if you post here it stays here. No more weaseling out. Makes it fair for the respondee's.

Now back to Martyn. I still have gotten no apology from him. That would be the fair thing to do.

Don't forget to feed the till. This is a nice service that Scott runs. Can you imagine having to moderate this stuff!!
W5EGS

Radio Mart - Again

Post by W5EGS »

Guys, I'm sorry. I have to put in my two cents worth. Last month, I purchased a Collins 32S-1 from Martyn. It arrived DOA. I notified him immediately and told him I would have Dutch Maurer go thru it, which I did. Dutch found several old trimmer problems, and it was rather costly to get it going again. It now works great. I notified Martyn and gave him a breakdown on the charges and suggested a rebate was in order. Martyn promptly sent me a U.S.P.S. Money Order for the full requested amount. That's as fair a transaction as I could ask for. At this point I recommend a little more tolerance with a little more diplomacy. Perhaps your outcome will be the same as mine.
AB3L

Post by AB3L »

Well I guess we have to chalk this one up to the power of the message board !

These vendors are becoming aware of the bad image they can get from a shyster deal.

If you don't mind I would be interested in seeing the original sale page, item number if it was an Ebay item. How was the rig originally described?

Glad you had a reasonably outcome form your dealing!

Bob
AB3L

Post by AB3L »

Looks like this is the one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5728440908

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Roger, luckily you had a noteable CCA repair person handy. Others may not be as lucky as you.
Those trimmers are a problem from age, not likely that shipping caused it.
brendon

Martyn and many others

Post by brendon »

I have read these posts and I have a few comments that may be helpful to Ham operators. Through a correspondance with Ebay, I learned that Ebay does look for, and if found eliminate, what I call ring men who drive up the price by using several identities or bidding on their own sale items.--- I have received new in the box items from private individuals that was unsealed, but new in the box and as new as described, also In the past it has been my experience that deaers are usually the ones thinking more about money than honesty. --- I feel that a posting about a thief should contain an accurate account of accusation and the post should be a help to other Hams rather than a debate for the guy who usually has something negative to say about every error in every post, and I am sure this post will receive the same treatment, however, I might add that most of the Ham operators were CB'ers first, so talking about our former selves is kind of stupid I think.--- I have dealt with some wonderful persons on Ebay and the Qth web sites and I have encountered a few that just couldn't quite get all the details in their deceptive dealings with me correct. ---I realize that QTH can't solve our bad deal problems, but I think that a list of descriptions regarding the quality of the sale or trade items could be posted periodically as a guide, to help close the opinion of quality gap. -- My final comments before becoming the subject of discussion are these, when we deal honestly with our neighbors, we do good, and when we deal dishonestly with our neighbors, we do bad. Our conduct is our reward, not the opinions of others. Opinions do not change facts.
kd0pd

Martyn Allison of Sadieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

Many have wondered how long it would be until Martyn Allison started getting negative feedback reports again after getting back on QTH, E-bay and others as (Radio-Mart). It was just a matter of time. A snake doesn't change it's spots. Anyone that buys from him will generally get burned. As I've said before along with the many others, he is definately a liar, thief, cheat and crook. His victums in that respect are growing rapidly. The bad news is that he's good at his crooked ways but the good news is that eventually he'll be out of business.
Jerry Wells kd0pd
KC0THF

????

Post by KC0THF »

:?: Why is it that Martyn never gives his call in anything?
W0LPQ

Martyn

Post by W0LPQ »

THF: If you look at the initial header, his call is there in plain sight.

I have dealt with Martyn in person, and if he had something that I liked, I would most likely do it again.

Bill, W0LPQ
N8HVO

Post by N8HVO »

Martyn bids on his own auctions under other user names. Always has .
Many people were catching on so he conceals all bids now as PRIVATE BIDDER.
Pretty low