W3IXN...Scammer?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Joe Perge

W3IXN...Scammer?

Post by Joe Perge »

I purchased an Icom IC-7000 from Dan Couture 2 weeks ago from the ad placecd on QTH. He has had many excuses why I haven't received my radio. Never gives me the name of shipper and of course there is no tracking number. First he used the weather as an excuse. That is plausible these days. Then he used his wife, a nurse, who was supposed to ship it. He says he is not able to communicate with his wife to find out if it shipped. I guess she works 24 hours a day.. Now he blames the shipper, again no name or tracking number,. He says he can't be responsible for shipping delays. He lives less than 200 miles from me. No shipper is that slow! I have a requested a full refund. No response yet. We'll see what excuse he has now.
His name and adress:
Dan Couture
163 First St
Stoystown, PA 15563
Last Known phone number 814 270 2566

My call:WB8HWF.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Well as this forum will suggest, you have various remedies. This is unfortunately, another example of why I know by new or use paypal. Good Luck.

73's
Dave, w1wn
w3ixn

Post by w3ixn »

I did ship that to you!! It is not my fault you didn't get it, but really I think you did get it and your trying to get your money back. I have been using QTH to upgrade my station for a long time and this is the first time I ever had an issue with anyone. This whole deal was strange to begin with and you have acted quite strange from day one. I hope that we can work it out and I even offered to send you a refund, but once again it was not to your liking and this is the result. YOU PEOPLE READING THIS, IF YOU ARE SMART YOU WILL NEVER SELL THIS GUY ANYTHING. ALL YOU WILL GET IS ONE BIG HEAD ACHE THIS IS TOTALLY BULLxxxxT!!!!!!!!!
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

hmmm, where's the tracking information??
w3ixn

Post by w3ixn »

NJ1K wrote:hmmm, where's the tracking information??
I LOVE HOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE TRUTH IS, JUST HAVE TO PUT THEIR TWO CENTS IN. DONT YOU XXXXXX HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BUTT INTO SOMETHING THAT REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU?????

YOU REALLY SHOULD STAY OUT OF IT!!!!

YOUR ALL LIKE LITTLE KIDS!!!
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

I'd say someone here is a little testy this morning, eh?
w3ixn

Post by w3ixn »

NJ1K wrote:I'd say someone here is a little testy this morning, eh?
NO NOT AT ALL. I JUST THINK THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN GET YOURSELF INVOLVED IN SOME ONE ELSES ISSUES.

ARE YOU THAT BOARD THAT YOU FELT YOU NEEDED TO POST HERE.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING, I WILL NEVER EVER USE QTH FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I think it is a fair question asking where are the tracking numbers. You do not have to share them here but i would think if shipping any thing as expensive as a icom 7000 you would have had all kinds of assurance such as proof of delivery and tracking numbers. There is no reason to call people names because they asked, an then say your through with QTH. You may not like others opinions on here about this but it is a open forum.
Larry Huff K0pd
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

w3ixn wrote:
NJ1K wrote:I'd say someone here is a little testy this morning, eh?
NO NOT AT ALL. I JUST THINK THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN GET YOURSELF INVOLVED IN SOME ONE ELSES ISSUES.

ARE YOU THAT BOARD THAT YOU FELT YOU NEEDED TO POST HERE.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING, I WILL NEVER EVER USE QTH FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!!
Actually, when I read posts like yours in here, I find it rather entertaining, so, I guess I don't have anything better to do. What you think I SHOULD be doing means nothing to me. I decide what I SHOULD be doing.

As for my age, I will just say that I act more mature than you.

Again, the tracking information?? Was there any?? How do you think the general public will view a seller who acts like you do in a forum when you have a buyer who obviously is not satisfied with the deal for whatever reason. Shouting and calling people names won't score you any points, I am sure.
w3ixn

Post by w3ixn »

I REALLY THINK IT IS AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SO BOARD WITH THEM SELVES THAT THEY FIND IT COMPELLING TO STICK THEIR NOSE IN SOMETHING THEY NO NOTHING ABOUT. MAYBE YOU PEOPLE NEED ANOTHER HOBBY OR SOMETHING TO KEEP YOU BUSY. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL EVER BLESS THIS SITE WITH MY COMPANY!
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

Promise??
K8YZK

Post by K8YZK »

I would have to agree with some previous post. Tell who you shipped with, tracking number, something other then rude and crude remarks.

As it is now the jury is saying you are at fault, nothing to back up your claims that it was shipped. Oh the jury is those here on QTH.

Kurt.

P.S. I am probably a little older then you, so don't go there.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

I do believe it is the sellers responsibility that the item gets to the buyer in one piece. In this case the buyer says the item (IC-7K) never got to him. It is now the sellers responsibility to provide tracking information to the buyer so a claim can be filed with the shipping company. It is the sellers responsibility to file this claim.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
WW0JD

future customers

Post by WW0JD »

Wouldn't those, like me, who stick their noses into a transaction, like this, be called possible future customers? Wow. Did he even state who the "shipper" was going to be?
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

Yeah, he doesn't seem like someone I would want to make a deal with. Sounds like a loose canon.
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Well it is not difficult to see that W3IXN scammed the buyer. He could have shut up everybody that posted here by saying who he used to ship it and post the tracking number.
So now I ask you W3IXN, Who is the shipper and what was the tracking number. Don't try and tell me to stay out of this, just answer the question and myself and others will stay out of it.
Also you should know that Ham radio people are a strong brotherhood that stick up for those who are honest and truthful and not those who cheat other Hams.
k5yy

tracking #

Post by k5yy »

hamradman wrote:Well it is not difficult to see that W3IXN scammed the buyer. He could have shut up everybody that posted here by saying who he used to ship it and post the tracking number.
So now I ask you W3IXN, Who is the shipper and what was the tracking number. Don't try and tell me to stay out of this, just answer the question and myself and others will stay out of it.
One BASIC premise of all transactions is that the shipper KEEP the shipping and tracking # for insurance issues and so that the buyer can be informed where the item is in the shipping process, to know when to be home to accept the package. Not providing the info is almost like a breech of a verbal or email (written) contract... Just double check here on QTH.com before completing a deal for a QTH.com item(s)... Ounce of prevention, so the saying goes.
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

I dont know about anyone else, BUT i cannot remember ever being "board"(sic) in my whole life? :lol:
w3qrp

Ask him on the air about it

Post by w3qrp »

This guy frequents 75M and is usually found on 3860. He usually checks into a net that meets there Monday through Saturday at 8:00PM. Perhaps a few well chosen questions on that net might get some peer pressure going to have this resolved properly.
NJ1K

Re: Ask him on the air about it

Post by NJ1K »

w3qrp wrote:This guy frequents 75M and is usually found on 3860. He usually checks into a net that meets there Monday through Saturday at 8:00PM. Perhaps a few well chosen questions on that net might get some peer pressure going to have this resolved properly.
Good idea... I might just check in on that net tomorrow night.... Thanks w3qrp..
w3qrp

Net on 3860

Post by w3qrp »

Good idea... I might just check in on that net tomorrow night....
I might just check in too...
w7why

Re: W3IXN...Scammer?

Post by w7why »

Joe Perge wrote: He lives less than 200 miles from me. No shipper is that slow! I have a requested a full refund. No response yet. We'll see what excuse he has now.
His name and adress:
Dan Couture
163 First St
Stoystown, PA 15563
Last Known phone number 814 270 2566

My call:WB8HWF.
I think if he lived less than 200 miles from me I'd pay him a visit and ask to see the receipt from the shipper
WB7X

Post by WB7X »

If you used a USPS money order, you will need to notify your
local Postal Inspector.

If PP, they have dispute resolution.

If by personal check, your Attorney General.
VE6WR

Hmmmmmm...SPELLING??

Post by VE6WR »

Maybe it's me, but if the guy is as mature and educated as he would like us to believe, wouldn't his spelling and grammar be somewhere past the 4th grade?
eric

Post by eric »

The seller seems to have a guilty conscience about NOT posting tracking numbers The whole deal sounds like a fraud.. I hope the buyer gets his money back OR his radio. Whenever i sell something on QTH i ALWAYS provide tracking numbers and I PREFER to use Paypal but a postal money order is accepted...... That way BOTH sides are covered.
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.