Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.

Would you buy your used Ham Equipment From Radio- Mart

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes
33%
No
58%
maybe
9%

Total votes: 69

K9XR

radio-mart link

Post by K9XR »

Thank You for posting that link. I was unable to get it for some reason.
NJ1K

Post by NJ1K »

Wow, interesting reading. They seem to get pretty hot when things don't go their way. Imagine what this behavior would be like if they ran their business out of a store front face to face with customers.
K9XR

Re: Calling out the liars!

Post by K9XR »

This is just too funny. The sad part is they think nobody can figure out what liars they really are. The bottom sentence is their's, not mine. Makes sense to me.

Radio-Mart Questions
This is for certain "customers" who have had questions about us since 2006.

Saturday, March 10, 2012
Radio-Mart Questions... ANSWERED
T1. TS944 Customer Questions (we are BOUND to keep any/all customer names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. CONFIDENTIAL.)
·
· Also Note, that we have always maintained a 99.3% OR BETTER. And that is with USED and sometimes ANTIQUE equipment. That’s saying Quite a bit. You can’t even get that good of odds on MOST things. Heck, my birth control doesn’t even promise THAT ONE!!!
·
CALLING OUT THE LIARS... K9XR
K9XR (Albert Brooks) I am REALLY unclear what your motive is in all this garbage. The only thing we can think of is JEALOUS COMPETITOR!!!! It's okay, we deal with those too. How about a little call to the IRS on YOUR account, Pal.... (done) Now to the FACTS.....
We have had a TOTAL of 6 transactions with you... I shall break them down...

2/4/2007 - $21.83 You bought FROM us a manual for an Omni V (is there a problem?)
4/7/2008 - $306 WE bought FROM YOU a FAULTY TR4-C (did we complain, NOPE)
3/2/2009 - $1072.00 WE bought FROM YOU a CRAPPY TS-2000 (again, no complaining)
3/15/2009 - $193.27 WE bought FROM YOU, (the ONLY item not needing WORK ON) MN-2000
7/11/2010 - $6.06 YOU bought FROM US a Nifty Manual for FT-2000 (AGAIN, is there a prob?)
8/2/2010 - $355 WE bought FROM YOU an IC-735, AGAIN, needing work.... AND DID WE COMPLAIN, OR ASK FOR A REFUND... NOT JUST NO, BUT HELL NO.
Albert, you should be very careful with your selling account. Remember that what goes around comes around, AND I SEE THE SAME BIDDERS BIDDING ON YOUR STUFF OVER AND OVER....

YOU ARE A SHILL BIDDER!!!!!!! EVERYONE WATCH THIS SELLER!!!!!!!

Now, we have given you $1926.27 with you.... AND WITH ALL THE WORK WE HAD TO DO TO THE CRAP YOU SENT.... we still didn't raise a dispute.

Very interesting... I'll be PERSONALLY WATCHING YOU ALBERT BROOKS at
9304 Kimmel Ct.
Tinley Park, IL 60487

I tell YOU... If I had a problem with a SELLER, I certainly WOULDN'T buy from them again.
w8jn

cosmic debris said frank zappa!!!!

Post by w8jn »

Well....... Their posts are vanishing and their blog has vaporized........ interesting...
Happy Hoss Trading....... Paul w8jn
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

Interesting... that's somewhat of an understatement...

Years ago, I had trouble with a new vehicle and it was towed to a dealer for warranty work. I ended up having it sent to the dealer I bought it from, and the original dealer gave me some grief over it (Yes, I have a point!) which affected my warranty.

I ended up having an exchange of letters with that dealer. Every letter from them denied responsibility for any of their actions... or even if they took actions.

Taken as a whole, several of the dealer's letters contradicted several of their other letters. It became quickly obvious that the person I was corresponding with didn't actually bother to check anything he'd written before... he was just denying everything out of hand.

And that is the same impression that I have from reading K4TEC's (and "Frozen"'s as well, before they dissipated) responses in this thread, the other thread, and on other places. I'm not saying that this is the case, mind you, but one has the impression that every response merely denies responsibility, regardless of whatever was written in any other response.

If one always denies responsibility, then it's always someone else's fault, isn't it?
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

Well....... Their posts are vanishing and their blog has vaporized........ interesting...
Happy Hoss Trading....... Paul w8jn
Looks like Bonnie and Clyde have run through the village, only to return to cover their tracks.
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

KG8LB, I read your pseudo-legal opinion on my gripe with Radio-Mart. You attempt to sound purely objective but, once the malarkey is aside, I'm left with:

a) Too bad sucker -- you shouldn't have accepted his $10 offer.
b) Anything goes, its a dog eat dog world out there.

Maybe that stuff passes for 'normal' where you live, but I expect 100% honesty in advertising. I will complain when it isn't, and will do everything possible to hold the seller accountable. Radio-Mart has quite a long history of (what you consider) minor mistakes. Its about time he stops making these mistakes.

You need to stop patting him on the back, you're not doing him any favors.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

larrylanberg wrote:KG8LB, I read your pseudo-legal opinion on my gripe with Radio-Mart. You attempt to sound purely objective but, once the malarkey is aside, I'm left with:

a) Too bad sucker -- you shouldn't have accepted his $10 offer.
b) Anything goes, its a dog eat dog world out there.

Maybe that stuff passes for 'normal' where you live, but I expect 100% honesty in advertising. I will complain when it isn't, and will do everything possible to hold the seller accountable. Radio-Mart has quite a long history of (what you consider) minor mistakes. Its about time he stops making these mistakes.

You need to stop patting him on the back, you're not doing him any favors.
And you need to accept responsibility for your own actions. Actually Larry, it was not psuedo - legal. It was an opinion .
Once the malarkey is aside you accepted an offer, reported that you were pleased then continued to whine. Your experience is but one of many , but you accepted the settlement. You insist on "responsibility" but shrug off the responsibility for your own actions. You did not do everything possible to hold Martyn accountable. You called him, he made an offer, you then accepted. The options become somewhat limited at that point.

I am not patting Martyn on the back nor doing him any favors. I would indeed rather buy from him than sell to some of the whiners I have seen. I have been bitten far worse as a buyer than just a wall wart. However once I accept a settlement, the deal is over and there is no further claim owed.

I made no claim regarding "normal" where I live . However, accepting a settlement then later, inisiting you are still owed is not at all normal here . I normally live by my agreements.
You need to enjoy the wonderful deal and get over the remorse you have ramped up after accepting the agreement and rejoicing in getting a nice receiver well below the usual selling price (As you , yourself stated).
Was Martyn wrong to forget the wall wart ? Yes ! Did he offer a remedy ? Yes. Did you agree to that remedy ? Yes. Did you express satisfaction with the deal upon his timely follow through ? Yes.
No doubt Larry, you seem to be an honorable person that is peaved regarding your treatment. It is done. Time to have fun with the radio . Listen in, the world is not perfect.
OK, So where are the filters now ?
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

K4TEC wrote:K9XR
It seems funny to me that you attack every single person who is pleased with a transaction, I picture you stood in front of a store with a protest banner waiving it at all who come by and shop,, comical really,,, and when people criticize you,, you go in to a super mode of attack, anywhooo.
No, I have no complaint with criticism when it is warranted. I think YOU are the one who goes on the attack even when the criticism of you is justified. You always find it necessary to attack with a bunch of lies.
K4TEC wrote:Larry I have not been proved a liar which is simple as I just don’t lie, I don’t have the time nor desire to or need to, you lie on this forum telling would be readers that I know nothing about nor have any connection to gottahaveit1995 yet here is a posting from this forum that I sent clearly stating that I own that and several other companies.
Well first of all my name is Al. Martyn, Yes, you do lie and yes, I have proven it.
K4TEC wrote:I guess it disappoints you greatly being proved wrong yet again, really you are beginning to bore me with the same old crap that you cannot justify yet you keep on posting, I wish I had the time but come on stop distorting the truth, and of course when I feel like defending myself you once again state that I then attack the comments, Sure I will respond to any BS the same as you would, I have sat on the side for too long jsut taking a bunch of crap from you and half a dozen like you as I usually cant be bothered responding as some of the claims are so far out there its unreal and most can see it for what it is.
Th only problem is that you have never proven me wrong about anything. No Martyn , if you would have sat on the side and concentrated on your new business instead of attacking anybody who criticizes you with nothing but lies, this would have been over a long time ago. Something you don't seem to realize is that there is a BIG difference between responding to justified criticism and responding to nothing but lies. I am beginning to think that you just simply don't know the difference between the truth and lies.
n4jhy

My Radio-Mart, Martyn Allison vote is "NO"

Post by n4jhy »

Just the facts:

Back in 2004, Radio Mart listed on ebay a "collectors condition" Collins 30S1 amplifier. "tested at 1 kw output and includes a new Eimac 4cx1000a tube".

I had always wanted a 30S1, and at the last moment I put in a bid and won this "collectors condition" amplifier.

After several weeks delay due to "having to go to get "foamed" for shipping" I received the amplifier. It had one layer of bubble wrap and then several boxes taped around it and tied down to a shipping pallet, and truck delivered.

What happened for the paid for "foaming"?

After I unpacked the amplifier I found it to be a worn out, scratched up piece of junk. I removed the 4cx1000a from its socket just to find written on the white ceramic part of the tube "tube no good 1979".

Looking further, the Amperite timer tube had a vaporized filament in it, making high voltage impossible in this amplifier.

I bypassed the timer tube, and the amplifier still had no high voltage.

A phone call to Martryn was no picnic. At first he accused me of being a lair.
As the phone calls went from there, they morphed to well he will credit me back xxx amount of money.

The amount he wanted to pay me back did not work for me to repair this amplifier. Plus what he represented in his ebay ad compared to what I got was just insulted me, so I re-packed this piece of junk and sent it back to him for a refund.

Yes, he did give me a refund on the amplifier, and then left me my only negative feedback on ebay".

A Total pain in the **** Buyer, refunded him just to get rid of him BEWARE!!!! Seller:
Member id radio-mart ( Feedback Score Of 17453Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,499)
Jun-21-04 05:58

Reply by hifi-bruce (Jun-26-04 07:57):
Gross misrepresentation and fraud are lagitimate complaints. Ebay BULLY 'n CROOK

He then relisted the amplifier, leaving out the "new tube" line in the description. and sold it to another poor sucker.

After selling this piece of junk to another ham, he wrote me a nasty letter saying "see, you are wrong- another ham has bought it and is happy".

Well, the next sucker was NOT happy, and not only left him negative feedback, but somehow contacted me to talk about this bad deal.

Shortly after all of this settled, I received another email from a ham welcoming me to the "ripped off by Martyn Allison club".

This very bad deal cost me $274 to ship this piece of junk back, and left nothing but a very bad taste in my mouth.

If I were a psychiatrist I could tell you what's wrong with this guy, but I am not- so, just the facts for you to decide.

Again, my vote is NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
larrylanberg

Re: My Radio-Mart, Martyn Allison vote is "NO"

Post by larrylanberg »

Bruce wrote:If I were a psychiatrist I could tell you what's wrong with this guy, but I am not- so, just the facts for you to decide.
He's a salesman. To them its all 'part of the game'. But games isn't what (some of us) want, when we see a radio we like & send money for it. I've come to realize that folks who respect Radio-Mart -- and this rare species can only be found on Qth.com, nowhere else in the universe -- are the same type of people who enjoy going to auctions & bartering at flea markets, simply for the thrill of the game.
n4jhy

comment on a comment

Post by n4jhy »

Gee larrylanberg,

No matter how one were to whitewash this, it is still FRAUD.

It has been my observation that us, all part of the fraternity of ham operators, for the most part, look out for each other. Martyn, holding a license is part of this group.

If one were to look at all the bad deals Martyn has put upon his fellow ham ops, the pattern starts to show that all the bad deals just put money in his pocket, and to hexx with the other guy. And when called on this his evil side really comes out. Martyn can never be wrong.

Yes, the number of sales/purchases he has made is an indication the Martyn has a very special talent. Could you imagine that if he had elected to be honest with his descriptions of all his radios, he might have had a little less money in his bank account, but would be considered a god by the ham fraternity.

No, and when all is said and done, Martyn is just a lowlife that doesn't give a rats axx about his fellow man. 73 PERIOD
aa9nn

K4TEC!

Post by aa9nn »

I have worked with Martyn on a couple of radio deals and swaps!
ALL GOOD!!
hes a super guy

Jim AA9NN
K9RLB

how do I vote

Post by K9RLB »

obviously no - shill bidding - junk selling ( a new cermaic tube shouldn't be burnt up looking and rattle) no no no