Poll Question - Radio Mart AKA K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.

Would you buy your used Ham Equipment From Radio- Mart

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes
33%
No
58%
maybe
9%

Total votes: 69

Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA6ZE

Post by AA6ZE »

I disagree that this poll is meaningless. Your supporters can vote here anomalously if they are concerned about abuse which is very rare on this site. And I'll answer your question with a question. Why would I pay hundreds of dollars more for a rig from you when I could buy it for less here, or even from an established shop? Why must I buy from you to know I'm not getting a good deal?Your arguments don't hold water.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NJ1K

No, never

Post by NJ1K »

I haven't bought anything from Martyn but with the antics I saw several years ago from him, I would not even take the chance.

Yes, I think this poll is appropriate.

Don't even ask me to elaborate on this post. I have my reasons for my opinion.
K9XR

Re: W8UAB

Post by K9XR »

Maybe thay are not registered or not logged in? I wonder if Scott has gotten any feedback about that?

. I will say this... We have now had 23 emails stating they had NOWHERE to "vote". So they couldn't even click any part of the poll question. Now that my friend is "disparaging".
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Last edited by Frozen on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W8UAB

Post by W8UAB »

Most likely you can not access the POLL more than once from the same IP address. Helpful in eliminating false results from repeat entries from the same user.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
WW0JD

same IP address voting

Post by WW0JD »

We have a family of four, all licensed hams living at the same IP address, who would all like to vote. How do we do that?
Sincerely,
WW0JD
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD
K9XR

Re: same IP address voting

Post by K9XR »

Kevin.

I'm pretty sure you would all have to register. once you are all registered, I don't know if the IP Address would make a difference or not.

WW0JD wrote:We have a family of four, all licensed hams living at the same IP address, who would all like to vote. How do we do that?
Sincerely,
WW0JD
KD0DCS

Voting family member.....

Post by KD0DCS »

I'm not having any luck voting from the same IP address as my dad...
73 Caleb
73's Caleb KD0DCS
larrylanberg

Re: Larry... Your email

Post by larrylanberg »

Frozen wrote:Larry,
This is Leslie Allison. ALL items "disappear" from the site when an item is sold.
Ms. Allison, That isn't true. Your company's ads stay up there indefinitely, post-sale, as "out of stock". The ad for my radio is the only one to disappear. But I guess now you'll go ahead & remove the other ads just to prove me wrong.

You ask "what the real problem is". Its called false advertising. Here's some advice:

1. If you list a radio as coming with a power supply, then you should send a radio and its power supply.

2. If you don't have a power supply for the radio you're selling, then you musn't advertise that the radio comes with a power supply.

I call this basic common sense. Maybe y'all find that to be an awfully deep concept worthy of future study, I don't know.

Regards,

Larry
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

I have a question are there any plans on turning this book into a movie of the week? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Deleted by Author
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Hello Leslie,

Just some observations:
Frozen wrote:From: Lawrence D Lanberg/FS/VCU [mailto:lanbergld@vcu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:00 PM
To: martynallison@roadrunner.com
Subject: Got your check
Importance: High

Dear Martyn, I received the check for $10, thank you. Hopefully we can do business again in the future.
The SW-8 works wonderfully, especially for a pre-1996 model.

Have a nice weekend.

Larry
=
Gee whiz, couple that with his earlier comment:
"
larrylanberg wrote:Well, Mr. Allison of Radio-Mart did make good on the missing wall transformer, via a refund check. Overall I got a well-kept Drake receiver for a decent price, certainly less than the typical Ebay price for same unit.
"
And we can only wonder why so much fuss over a doggone wall-wart from wall mart ?

It can all too easily happen where a small part gets left out or set aside at shipping time , by simply forgetting . I see no evidence of any attempt by Martyn to avoid making the error right...including the offer of a full refund.

People who insist on making "victim" of themselves are one additional reason many sellers refuse to ship items to people they do not know.
By the sheer volume of Martyin's sales he is bound to turn up a few.

Still, I would rather deal with Martyn and his XYL than an illterate CBer any day !
OK, So where are the filters now ?
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

One of the great things about America is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

kg8lb wrote:
Still, I would rather deal with Martyn and his XYL than an illterate CBer any day !
ki3b

IC 706 Sold

Post by ki3b »

I sold my IC-706 to Martyn and everything went very smooth without any issues. Paid right away and not a issue at all to deal with.

A real pleasure to deal with him and I'd gladly do it again

Joe KI3B :D
KD8HAV

Re: IC 706 Sold

Post by KD8HAV »

ki3b wrote:I sold my IC-706 to Martyn and everything went very smooth without any issues. Paid right away and not a issue at all to deal with.

I think a lot of you are failing to realize the problem with Martyn is not "selling to him". It is "buying from him" When Martyn was BUYING under the name "gottahavit1995" on eBay, he had 100% Positive Feedback. When he SOLD under the name Radio Mart, it was a different story. Lots of Negative Feedback, and lots of Neutral feedback.

I personally hope Martyn is turning things around with his new website. It can be done, but not overnight. Good Luck Marty.

Bob, KD8HAV
K9XR

Re: IC 706 Sold

Post by K9XR »

Wow! You joined this board April 22 and have made 2 posts, both about the IC-706 (s) you sold to Martyn. Is there anything new to add?

ki3b wrote:I sold my IC-706 to Martyn and everything went very smooth without any issues. Paid right away and not a issue at all to deal with.

kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

K9XR wrote:One of the great things about America is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

kg8lb wrote:

Everyone is free to express quite obvious profundities as well.
From my two experiences with Martyn, the first being the sale of an SX-115 the other a Kenwood transceiver I found him prompt paying and polite. I also had the occasion to see the SX-115 that I sold him listed by Radio mart on eBay for sale. His description was totally in line with my knowledge of the radio.

Martyn followed through with the seller's request in the great Wall-Mart/Wall Wart scandal as well. There was no evidence offered of anything but cooperation from Martyn in making up for a very minor oversight.
And the thanks for that ?

BTW, The radios that I sold were sold to "Radiomart" , not "gottohaveit" . The feedback that was generated from Martyn's subsequent sale of that receiver was also positive.

The question is "Would you buy from..."
Based on my experiences as a seller and knowing others who have bought from Martyn, my answer is "YES".
OK, So where are the filters now ?
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Frozen wrote: I say again, please box it back up and let us send in UPS to collect it. And we'll refund you. If not, find something else to do besides complain about a power supply that you could have asked for instead of money.
This ain't rocket science, (a.) You sold me a radio minus its advertised power supply, and (b.) You haven't provided the power supply which you owe, nor have you attempted to. Now, on top of that, you're saying I should "ask" you for that power supply -- the one your company was obligated to send in the first place. Ho boooyyy...

Your company is up to the same old tricks: Sell an incomplete and/or damaged product and then try to shift blame & burden onto the buyer:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=r ... N&ref=home

Ps. To clarify, I didn't call radio-mart asking for a $10 check. I wanted the power supply.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

So , Larry when you wrote this :
larrylanberg wrote:Well, Mr. Allison of Radio-Mart did make good on the missing wall transformer, via a refund check. Overall I got a well-kept Drake receiver for a decent price, certainly less than the typical Ebay price for same unit.

So, you were not actually as pleased it you made it sound ?
All this over a stinking wall wart ? You agreed to the $10 , passed on the refund offer then posted a positive comment . Now you are trying to say they still "owe" you a wall wart ?

Yep, I would rather buy from Martyn than sell to some of the folks he has dealt with. When you have THOUSANDS (17K +) of sales the odds are there will be a few that are impossible to please.
ewalters

Radio Mart

Post by ewalters »

Martyn is a great guy, he cares about his customers and has done an excellent job with me. I just purchased a radio and he exceeded my expectations in every way. Thanks Martyn! K4EBW