Posting Headings

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
WA5JAV

Posting Headings

Post by WA5JAV »

Would be nice if posters would include in the heading what the feedback is about. Is the post for positive or negative experience? Rather than just a name or call.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

I totally agree. It would save a lot of time (and bandwidth).
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

Wouldn't it save just a whole big wad of bandwidth if only the negs were posted. All this lovey dovey stuff is a waste of time. I want to know about the crooks.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Another great idea. However, maybe just the Callsign and Negative or Postive review since (IMHO) we are trying to stay with reliable sellers and know problem sellers?

CALLSIGN - NEGATIVE

or

CALLSIGN - POSITIVE
w9mkm

Post by w9mkm »

It seems that some sellers on here INSIST, and almost ORDER the buyers to post positive feedback for them, so they can brag how many positive feedbacks they have to potential buyers. And I mean for everything they sell. Be it a radio, or a small $10.00 part.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Sorry w9mkm but I would prefer that buyer's "comment" on all sales myself (even if they bought a $2.00 item). IMHO - It shows a "trend." But then again, that is just my personal opinion.
K9XR

FEEDBACK

Post by K9XR »

Really?

I had no idea anybody would do that. I thought all this feedback was unsolicited, and now you go and burst my bubble.

What is this world coming to?

w9mkm wrote:It seems that some sellers on here INSIST, and almost ORDER the buyers to post positive feedback for them, so they can brag how many positive feedbacks they have to potential buyers. And I mean for everything they sell. Be it a radio, or a small $10.00 part.
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

I believe the purpose of the feedback is to actually read how the transaction went.

If you tag the title AB1CD Negative and do not read it because you see in a search, negative, then you are not giving the person a fair chance.

I have seen negative feedback given, then the issue gets resolved, maybe it was a simple miscommunication? Then the person giving the feedback replies that all is good. The feedback is tarnished by a title.

That negative title still lingers ALL OVER GOOGLE and other search engines.

A call sign and name should be the only thing in a title,,,, my opinion.

it engages the reader to do what a forum is all about, reading threads and posts.

Get the big picture of the transaction, not just a snap shot that does not show "The rest of the story"

Just my thoughts