WX5TMC Timothy M. Carroll No Good

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N2PET

WX5TMC Timothy M. Carroll No Good

Post by N2PET »

Just want to tell anyone thats contemplating doing ANY business with this dirt bag he will rip you off take anything you send and dissappear. I've now seen 3 more of his victims names popping up on the boards just today. I sent him a 1000 ch triple trunking scanner and a brand new Kenwood tm 271a 2 mtr mobile rig in trade for a dual core Acer Lap Top Computer. Will not provide any tracking info. The tracking info that he did give me turned out to be bogus. I also called Fedex and told them NOT to deliver my package as I smelled a rat, but low and behold they went ahead and delivered it anyway!! Told me I'm s*it outta luck. I'm not done with this guy at all!! He has made himself a "friend" for life!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ki4ucw

Post by ki4ucw »

check out KP4HE, he just posted in the for sale section of QTH. looks like he got ripped too. Start using paypal guys!!!!!
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

ki4ucw wrote:check out KP4HE, he just posted in the for sale section of QTH. looks like he got ripped too. Start using paypal guys!!!!!
Wasnt a cash money deal so paypal wouldnt have helped
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

A google search on his callsign indicates he has been trying to trade for guns as well......

More importantly.......

He signs allot of his ads with :

PFC Carroll, WX5TMC

Texas State Guard 19th Reg. 1BN ( C/A )

Now we know the Military frowns upon it members who commit crimes.

I'd contact them:

http://www.txsg.state.tx.us/locations/u ... x?regid=19
Steve - KA9MOT
k5rxq

I got lucky

Post by k5rxq »

I guess I got lucky. When I saw he was local to me I called and emailed him attempting to purchase the 857D. In both communications I mentioned that I was local and I could put cash in his hand.
He didn’t call me or email me. I called him the next day and he said it was already sold.

I guess he didn’t want a face to face encounter.
N2PET

Re: WX5TMC Timothy M. Carroll No Good

Post by N2PET »

N2PET wrote:Just want to tell anyone thats contemplating doing ANY business with this dirt bag he will rip you off take anything you send and dissappear. I've now seen 3 more of his victims names popping up on the boards just today. I sent him a 1000 ch triple trunking scanner and a brand new Kenwood tm 271a 2 mtr mobile rig in trade for a dual core Acer Lap Top Computer. Will not provide any tracking info. The tracking info that he did give me turned out to be bogus. I also called Fedex and told them NOT to deliver my package as I smelled a rat, but low and behold they went ahead and delivered it anyway!! Told me I'm s*it outta luck. I'm not done with this guy at all!! He has made himself a "friend" for life!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Nerve of this low life bottom feeder now hes selling my radios as well as others on Craigslist in the Dallas Fort worth area!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

N2PET wrote:
N2PET wrote:Just want to tell anyone thats contemplating doing ANY business with this dirt bag he will rip you off take anything you send and dissappear. I've now seen 3 more of his victims names popping up on the boards just today. I sent him a 1000 ch triple trunking scanner and a brand new Kenwood tm 271a 2 mtr mobile rig in trade for a dual core Acer Lap Top Computer. Will not provide any tracking info. The tracking info that he did give me turned out to be bogus. I also called Fedex and told them NOT to deliver my package as I smelled a rat, but low and behold they went ahead and delivered it anyway!! Told me I'm s*it outta luck. I'm not done with this guy at all!! He has made himself a "friend" for life!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Nerve of this low life bottom feeder now hes selling my radios as well as others on Craigslist in the Dallas Fort worth area!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
And now 15 mins later the ads have magically dissappeared! AND just got a text message from him "promising" to send me back my property. I wont hold my breath. However a flight to Dallas is only $200 and I would have no qualms about going right to his front door!!
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

N2PET wrote:
N2PET wrote:
And now 15 mins later the ads have magically dissappeared! AND just got a text message from him "promising" to send me back my property. I wont hold my breath. However a flight to Dallas is only $200 and I would have no qualms about going right to his front door!!
Yeah but........ the TSA would molest you :shock:
Steve - KA9MOT
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

KA9MOT wrote:
N2PET wrote:
N2PET wrote: The Nerve of this low life bottom feeder now hes selling my radios as well as others on Craigslist in the Dallas Fort worth area!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Been there done that!!
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

N2PET wrote:
KA9MOT wrote:
N2PET wrote: And now 15 mins later the ads have magically dissappeared! AND just got a text message from him "promising" to send me back my property. I wont hold my breath. However a flight to Dallas is only $200 and I would have no qualms about going right to his front door!!
Been there done that!!
I was contacted earlier this evening by Mr Carroll who said that he was shipping my equip back to me and provided a working tracking number this time! Will keep everyone posted. Hopefully he is doing the same with the others.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

GO GET HIS SORRY A$$ . GOOD LUCK ON THIS SCUM BAG. :evil: :evil: :evil:
N2PET

Post by N2PET »

W4PIG wrote:GO GET HIS SORRY A$$ . GOOD LUCK ON THIS SCUM BAG. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well i'm sorry to report that this lying bottom feeding scum sent a valid tracking number BUT only had a label scanned. fedex just informed me that nothing was shipped just a shipping label scanned!! Nice Try.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Looks like this guy has been around a long time. Here is a post about him from 2005:

Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 PM

Wanted:
Handheld Trunking Scanner (Less then $70)

Hi, just make sure its not this idiot selling that scanner....he will rip you off..

Timothy M. Carroll (IDIOT)

AESITTIM@HOTMAIL.COM

His website: www.scanallen.com

Yahoo ID: ahseagles

Display Name: Code 3 Productions

915 Sunny Slope Dr

Allen TX 75002-3250

Phone: 972-396-0639

Tends to change cell service provider, so unsure if he still uses Nextel DC: 157*900*6510
AOL Instant Messenger: IFPA124
Yahoo Messenger: ahseagles2003
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
k8vf

Tim Carroll Be careful! (WHY I use Paypal)

Post by k8vf »

I guess I dodged the bullet.

He had a ts-2000x listed, and would take paypal.

No feedback, but he would take paypal so I went for it.

I paid via paypal, and "oops" it comes up with a different name......

10 minutes later, Paypal calls me and asks if I made the transaction, so I explained what was going on......(legitimate ham call, right name, location, etc, but PAYPAL acct is not his)

They LOCK their (Tim and his "girlfriend's)paypal account, untill I receive item, which would be legitimate way to do it!

So Tim decides to refund and void the transaction.

So my money was tied up about 5 days but it is still MINE!

THANKS, Paypal.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

His name may be what he says it is but the real PFC Timothy M Carroll was killed in Vietnam in 1969.

http://www.virtualwall.org/dc/CarrollTM01a.htm

God Bless the real PFC Timothy M Carroll.
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

KA2CDT wrote:His name may be what he says it is but the real PFC Timothy M Carroll was killed in Vietnam in 1969.

http://www.virtualwall.org/dc/CarrollTM01a.htm

God Bless the real PFC Timothy M Carroll.
SOMEBODY NEED TO KICK THAT DUDES XXXX
Steve - KA9MOT
k8vf

Timothy Carroll WX5TMC

Post by k8vf »

Maybe his father?

Callsign and name correspond to a location in Allen Tx.
KA2CDT

Re: Timothy Carroll WX5TMC

Post by KA2CDT »

k8vf wrote:Maybe his father?

Callsign and name correspond to a location in Allen Tx.
I believe this guy was born in 1982. The real PFC died in 1969 so not his father. I do think that he is using his real name but happened to come upon the PFC virtual wall page and started using it. (my opinion).
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
Grady

thieves

Post by Grady »

I had a similar problem with a ham . Made a trade, he got my rig and wouldnt ship his. I called the cops where he lived. An officer went to his house and told him to pack it up , then took him to the post office and watched him mail it.
Gotta love small towns, (coalgate Oklahoma) Good luck, I hope it works out.
Grady
N2PET

Re: thieves

Post by N2PET »

Grady wrote:I had a similar problem with a ham . Made a trade, he got my rig and wouldnt ship his. I called the cops where he lived. An officer went to his house and told him to pack it up , then took him to the post office and watched him mail it.
Gotta love small towns, (coalgate Oklahoma) Good luck, I hope it works out.
Just wanted to update my situation with WX5TMC. He has returned my equip to me after many text messages emails phone calls, he finally gave in to my non stop contact. I hope that he does the same with the others he has issues with. He just had to remove my nickel metal hydride batterys from my scanner before sending it back.. Oh well, at least I recovered the equipment!! Happy New year to all.
W1JCW

Re: thieves

Post by W1JCW »

Just wanted to update my situation with WX5TMC. He has returned my equip to me after many text messages emails phone calls, he finally gave in to my non stop contact. I hope that he does the same with the others he has issues with. He just had to remove my nickel metal hydride batteries from my scanner before sending it back.. Oh well, at least I recovered the equipment!! Happy New year to all.
Glad you got your gear back. What a scum bag low life to remove the batteries, guess he needed them more then you did. I would continue the contact methods until he returned the batteries or paid for them...What a real clown.
73 -

W1JCW
John
WX5TMC

A Little More Information . . . . .

Post by WX5TMC »

FOR THE RECORD: I AM POSTING THIS BECAUSE THE OWNER / WEBMASTER / SITE MODERATOR OF QTH.COM REFUSES IN ANY WAY TO CONTACT ME, AFTER MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS REQUESTING THAT THIS PAGE BE TAKEN DOWN.

I WILL STATE THE FOLLOWING FACTS AS A MATTER OF RECORD, IN RESPONSE TO THE VERY HORRIBLE THINGS THAT YOU ALL HAVE SAID ABOUT ME, WITHOUT EVEN FINDING OUT THE TRUTH.

1. N2PET RECEIVED HIS LAPTOP, I PROVIDED FULL TRACKING AT THE TIME, WHICH SHOWED DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. HE THEN PROCEEDED TO ACCUSE ME OF " NOT SENDING IT " AND DEMANDING HIS ITEMS BACK. HE FABRICATED ALL SORTS OF LIES, EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES, VOICEMAILS, TO TRY TO ESTABLISH SOME TYPE OF INCRIMINATING EVIDENCE AGAINST ME, WHICH WAS ALL SIMPLY BS.

2. UPON REALIZING THAT HE WAS NOT GETTING ANYWHERE WITH ME, HE FOUND MY MOTHERS HOME ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND BEGAN CALLING AND HARASSING HER, TELLING LIES, AND THREATENING TO PUT ME IN JAIL IF I DIDNT RETURN HIS ITEMS.

3. UPON FAILED ATTEMPTS AT THAT, HE THEN BEGAN PHYSICALLY THREATENING MYSELF, MY MOTHER, AND MY 18 YEAR OLD NIECE'S LIFE, MY MOTHER, A BLIND WIDOW, HAD TO PUT HER HOME UNDER SPECIAL WATCH BY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, MY SISTER, AND NIECE HAD TO FILE A REPORT ON HIM HARASSING THEM.

4. UPON THOSE ACTIONS, HE OR SOMEONE HE KNOWS THEN CALLED THE OFFICE OF THE ARMY NATIONAL GUARD, AND REPORTED ME AS A SCAM ARTIST, AND TOLD THEM LIES AND DECEITFUL STORIES, WHICH TRICKLED DOWN TO MY COMMANDING OFFICERS OF MY REGIMENT WITH TEXAS STATE GUARD, WHICH THEN, BY THAT TIME, EVEN WITH THE PHYSICAL THREATS, LEAD TO MYSELF GETTING A NICE ASS CHEWING BY MY SGM. WHO IN-TURN, BECAUSE HE GOT CHEWED, FORCED ME TO SEND THIS GUYS PROPERTY BACK TO HIM, OR FACE COURT MARSHALL, AND POSSIBLY DISCHARGE.

THEREFORE, I LOST MY LAPTOP, AND THE EQUIPMENT.

FURTHERMORE, HIM, AND KP4HE ARE SOMEHOW RELATED, OR KNOW EACH OTHER, AND SHARED WITH EACH OTHER, MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, KP4HE IS ANOTHER GENTLEMAN I SOLD TO, WHOM I ALSO HAVE TRACKING INFORMATION FOR HIS ITEM AS HAVING BEEN DELIVERED, HE TOO, HAS CONTACTED MY FAMILY, WITH THREATS, HE LEAVES ME AT LEAST ONE VOICE MAIL A DAY CALLING ME NAMES, THREATENING ME, OR SO MUCH AS JUST PLAYING MUSIC ON MY VOICEMAIL UNTIL IT CUTS HIM OFF.

THE INFORMATION THAT IS POSTED ABOUT ME IS NOT EVEN HALF CORRECT, AND AS STATED BELOW, SOMETHING ABOUT CORPUS CHRIST, I HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN THERE . . . .

AS FOR MY FATHER, HE PASSED IN 2005 OF BRAIN CANCER, I SPENT 15 MONTHS TAKING CARE OF HIM BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS UNABLE, ONLY TO HAVE HIM DIE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ....

SO FOR ALL OF YOU WHO THINK YOU GOT THE FULL STORY, NEXT TIME, TAKE A STEP BACK AND REEVALUATE YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS, AND ASK QUESTIONS FIRST BEFORE YOU POST.

NOW, LASTLY......

IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, IS CONSIDERED CYBER-BULLYING, IT CARRIES A CRIMINAL CHARGE OF UP TO A 3RD DEGREE FELONY . . . YET, HAVE I EVEN BEGAN TO FILE CHARGES YET? NO, WILL I ? MAYBE . . .,

SO MAYBE THAT WILL MAKE YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID FIRST . . . .

GOOD DAY

TIMOTHY M. CARROLL, WX5TMC
Timothy M. Carroll, WX5TMC
KA9MOT

I though Texans were s'posed to be tough guys........

Post by KA9MOT »

Timothy,

You can easily resolve this by posting both tracking numbers here. Simple.

As to Texas' Cyber Bullying Law, They don't have one. They do have a Online Harassment Law and if you'll read it and read the next to the last line (Section F, Number 1) where it says: "The term does not include an electronic mail program or a message board program."

This sir is a Message Board.

Texas Online Harassment Law:

Sec. 33.07. ONLINE HARASSMENT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person uses the name or persona of another person to create a web page on or to post one or more messages on a commercial social networking site:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent; and
(2) with the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate, or threaten any person.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or other item of identifying information belonging to any person:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent;
(2) with the intent to cause a recipient of the communication to reasonably believe that the other person authorized or transmitted the communication; and
(3) with the intent to harm or defraud any person.
(c) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the third degree. An offense under Subsection (b) is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is a felony of the third degree if the actor commits the offense with the intent to solicit a response by emergency personnel.
(d) If conduct that constitutes an offense under this section also constitutes an offense under any other law, the actor may be prosecuted under this section, the other law, or both.
(e) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor is any of the following entities or that the actor's conduct consisted solely of action taken as an employee of any of the following entities:
(1) a commercial social networking site;
(2) an Internet service provider;
(3) an interactive computer service, as defined by 47 U.S.C. Section 230;
(4) a telecommunications provider, as defined by Section 51.002, Utilities Code; or
(5) a video service provider or cable service provider, as defined by Section 66.002, Utilities Code.
(f) In this section:
(1) "Commercial social networking site" means any business, organization, or other similar entity operating a website that permits persons to become registered users for the purpose of establishing personal relationships with other users through direct or real-time communication with other users or the creation of web pages or profiles available to the public or to other users. The term does not include an electronic mail program or a message board program.
(2) "Identifying information" has the meaning assigned by Section 32.51.

Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 911, Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2009.
Steve - KA9MOT
WX5TMC

In Regards

Post by WX5TMC »

Try Again Sir, I suggest you Re-Read that law, and then go to Google, and type in my name, And my Call Sign, and you will see that it is very clearly stated " WX5TMC Is A Scam Artist " And in those links, will direct ANYONE ( Public Forum ), to this site, How else do you think I Found It ?? This does NOT require user name and password to see what is being said, therefore making it a public forum. Therefore, If you Google My Name, and My Call Sign, It is, by definition, using MY Name, To create a web page ( message board or not, it is public ) to defame, slander, intimidate, and embarrass me, and as well, now that I have had to involve law enforcement, it also Solicits The Response Of Emergency Personnel, therefore, Giving Rise to the charge of Felony of the Third Degree, in the state of Texas, I may not be an attorney, but I have spoken to several, as well as local law enforcement who fully agree.

Also, As you stated, IT IS A DEFENSE TO PROSECUTION, IF SAID ACTOR IS AN " EMPLOYEE " OF A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, E.G. MESSAGE BOARD, NOBODY ON HERE IS . . . . .

Try this on for size:

(b) A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or other item of identifying information belonging to any person:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent;

Nobody Asked my Permission to say these things and give out my personal information.

Listen Everyone, I will say this only one time, and I am done with this thread.

I have already contacted local law enforcement, the FBI Dallas Field Office's Cyber-Crimes Division, and my personal attorney, All of which are beginning investigations into this matter.

I am confident that my name will be cleared of any and all wrongdoing, and I assure you, with time, those whom wronged me, will be publicly apologizing for it.

End of Story
Timothy M. Carroll, WX5TMC
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

And no tracking number to defend your good name?
Steve - KA9MOT