w3qe Curt Krelic, don't count on it!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb5omp

w3qe Curt Krelic, don't count on it!

Post by wb5omp »

Posted ad #886834 for radio for sale at $1395. We emailed and we agreed to a sale. I paypalled him the money plus additional funds for postage. He acknowledged receipt and shipping method. A few hours later, he returned my funds via PayPal with a quick note about some confusion on his part.
I have since found his new ad, # 886676, for the same radio for $100 more.
Looks like his word is worth about $100.
WB5OMP
w3qe

CRY BABY

Post by w3qe »

I sold it to the FIRST person in line and there WAS confusion but I don't feel I owe the universe over the internet any kind of explanation. Steve is a 64 year old cry baby that didn't get his toy now he is telling mommy. He got his money back in less than 12 hours. If I was a crook I would have kept it and let him and Paypal come after me which would have been real hard if I wanted it to be. Steve, I hope crying to the world makes you feel better--- to me you’re just a old burnt out hollow man. Call HRO or steal from someone else down and out you freak. I sure had you wrong!!!

Curt
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."
K9XR

Re: CRY BABY

Post by K9XR »

If You sold it, why is it still listed?

Just for the heck of it look up Curt on the FCC web site. He has about 60 applications on file with them in less than 10 years. I think this is at least the third time he has had W3QE. He has also has K3EY an few times. So you see Curt is perfectly normal and the rest of the worl is wrong. Right Curt?

w3qe wrote:I sold it to the FIRST person in line and there WAS confusion but I don't feel I owe the universe over the internet any kind of explanation. Steve is a 64 year old cry baby that didn't get his toy now he is telling mommy. He got his money back in less than 12 hours. If I was a crook I would have kept it and let him and Paypal come after me which would have been real hard if I wanted it to be. Steve, I hope crying to the world makes you feel better--- to me you’re just a old burnt out hollow man. Call HRO or steal from someone else down and out you freak. I sure had you wrong!!!

Curt
K4ICL

A deal is a deal folks...

Post by K4ICL »

Try this and see if it fits.

Say you go down to your Ford dealer and buy a new car, pay cash for it. It is a present for your wife and is her favorite color. You are happy with the car and the price you paid.

Just as she it about to get into her new red Mustang for the first time, the Ford sales agent who sold you the car walks up and hands you a bank cashier check for the amount you paid for the car and has the lot boy drive the car to the back lot of the dealership.

You ask what is going on. He explains that he made a mistake in his figures when he quoted you an agreed-to price and sold you the car and now he has to take the car back or he will loose some of his profit.

You are disappointed but not stupid. You immediately contact a lawyer and take the Ford dealer to court.

Want to guess the outcome of the case in court?

[Dealers must return the car or one of greater value and must pay all court and lawyer expenses, pay for your lost time, mental anguish, etc. and must accept the original quoted price for the car.]

What is different between the example sited above and the issue relating to this topic?

NONE... The seller broke a deal he entered into with another who dealt with him in good faith.

A deal is a deal. Cars, radios, goats, whatever. Same rules. When you break the rules it is called breach of contract.

AL
K4ICL
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

It appears Curt is none to honorable at the least and i'm not sure a very pleasant person. Puts down a person for his age (sounds like curt is a Elitist) and calls him a cry baby for pointing out Curts character. If it was me i believe i might seriously consider filing a breach of contract lawsuit. Curt's attitute on this deserves no less.
Larry Huff K0pd
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Curt your the one thats wrong in this case. You agreed to a sale. The seller sent you the money. Then you think you sold it for too low a price so you back out of the deal and relist it for a higher price.
The confusion is in your head. You need to think before you say yes to people and not come up with some off the wall excuse why you can't do the deal.
By the way, stop slamming older people, your going to be that soon yourself.
ab7r

bad deal with K3QE

Post by ab7r »

I've known Steve for a number of years now and his word is good as gold. He is one of the most level headed people I know.

He told me about the deal before it went bad and I remembered seeing an ad for the radio at $1395. But when I went to look it was gone and a new ad was online for $100 more.

I pointed that out to Steve and that's when he told me the guy sent his money back.

Maybe Curt is not a crook as he says since he sent the money back. But he does not seem like an honest or trustworthy person to do business with. Also did not know this was the infamous K3EY. Interesting.

73 all!

Greg
AB7R
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Definite "meeting of the minds took place."

1.Seller advertises item
2.Buyer responds to ad
3.Deal is agreed upon (meeting of the minds)
4.Buyer promptly sends payment (as per prior agreement)
5.Seller acknowledges receipt
6.Seller changes his mind stating confusion on his part (hence breech of contract)
7.Seller sends back payment
8.Seller relists item moments later at a $200 price increase

What am I missing?

:shock: :shock:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
WA3HOL

W3QE

Post by WA3HOL »

This individual recently posted an ad on QTH for an Ameritron AL-80B. I responded to it by asking a few questions relative to age, condition, and usage prior to making a decision toward purchase. What I got back was an indignant, rude, and irrational response that displayed a great deal of animosity toward anyone who would dare question him. It is unfortunate that this individual doesn’t understand that the prospective buyer has every right to ask questions of the seller. If the seller chooses not to be cooperative, that is their prerogative, but it certainly negates the opportunity to sell the item due to an antagonistic environment created by the seller. Use your own best judgment when dealing with this individual.
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

Seems when the PayPal funds came in, he seen the fee, about $42 and said, holy crap, that loss plus he still had to pay shipping, which I bet is about $40-50 insured, hence $100 upcharge.

If Curt would have held out and not sent the radio, the worst Paypal would do is require him to make a refund. He did.

Was it wrong? Depends what bank account your looking at.,,,,,,,,,,,
eric

Re: W3QE

Post by eric »

WA3HOL wrote:This individual recently posted an ad on QTH for an Ameritron AL-80B. I responded to it by asking a few questions relative to age, condition, and usage prior to making a decision toward purchase. What I got back was an indignant, rude, and irrational response that displayed a great deal of animosity toward anyone who would dare question him. It is unfortunate that this individual doesn’t understand that the prospective buyer has every right to ask questions of the seller. If the seller chooses not to be cooperative, that is their prerogative, but it certainly negates the opportunity to sell the item due to an antagonistic environment created by the seller. Use your own best judgment when dealing with this individual.
I had this happen a time or two. I saw a HF rig at a hamfest and i started to ask questions about it and the seller replied "well your a ham you should know the answers to your questions! Why are you asking me?" I then walked away..........
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
w3qe

Yea Right----

Post by w3qe »

First to the holier than thou commenter---if I want to change my call sign a million times then the FCC will tell me I am doing something wrong not some self made policemen who determines what is insanity and what is not. Thank God I don't think like an old worn out ham. This is 2011 and your world has passed you by gentlemen. Funny thing---I am one of you at 59 but sure as hell don't think like the majority---proudly so!

Now---WA3HOL yea I admittedly was rude to you and still don't apologize. You asked me a million frivolous questions all full of cynicism to the point it was clearly obvious you are paranoid and should ONLY buy new because everyone is ready to screw you---in your paranoid mind. I steer clear of buyers like you for obvious reasons---it just isn't worth it!! Loaded questions deserve such reply, you’re welcome.

This forum I don't agree with and never have, ask Scott, I told him so years ago. You can use the internet to make up all kinds of crap and the sheeple who read it believe it and why most of the planet is enslaved, they can't think straight.

You people don't know who I am but only what you read by the self righteous cry babies, people like Steve.

GO ahead and sue me----Here we have a case named-- “sniveling baby”

K3EY infamous---yea that’s me---now bite me Gregory, please, see how polite I am

Breach this Al, this forum means as much to me as you do

Larry, you’re an old man, don’t forget that when hitting the key board with pale dry frail fingers and that-righteous attitude
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

The signature speaks volume's
WV4I

Curt Krelic W3QE ex K3EY

Post by WV4I »

Well, sorry to throw water on the fire here, but I purchased Curt's AL-80B, the deal went without a hitch, and the amp arrived in good shape, well packed, in a timely manner, and was exactly as advertised. I too ask a lot of questions. But, I went back and looked at the AL-80B ad after reading this thread, and it answered all the questions I would've had, up front, i.e. age, condx, use, etc... You then either buy it or not. I mean, you either believe the other party credible or not, based on experience.

Amateur radio is simply a hobby for me. If a buy or sell deal becomes a hassle, I just let it go, there will be others. Life is short, folks.

Anyway, thanks again Curt for a nice amp and a good deal. I've dealt with Curt before and would readily do so again.
K9XR

Re: Yea Right----

Post by K9XR »

Like I said before, Curt's always right and the rest of the world is always wrong. I would expect nothing less from him. Funny how he hasn't addressed the original charges that he reneged on his first deal and then evidently lied about selling it to someone else.

No Curt, we have developed our opinions of you from YOUR rants on this and other forums. Changing your call back and forth won't even hide it. You're not very hard to figure out.

w3qe wrote:First to the holier than thou commenter---if I want to change my call sign a million times then the FCC will tell me I am doing something wrong not some self made policemen who determines what is insanity and what is not. Thank God I don't think like an old worn out ham. This is 2011 and your world has passed you by gentlemen. Funny thing---I am one of you at 59 but sure as hell don't think like the majority---proudly so.
This forum I don't agree with and never have, ask Scott, I told him so years ago. You can use the internet to make up all kinds of crap and the sheeple who read it believe it and why most of the planet is enslaved, they can't think straight.
You people don't know who I am but only what you read by the self righteous cry babies, people like Steve.
K3EY infamous---yea that’s me---now bite me Gregory, please, see how polite I am
Breach this Al, this forum means as much to me as you do
Larry, you’re an old man, don’t forget that when hitting the key board with pale dry frail fingers and that-righteous attitude
GALAXY67

SELLER CHANGES MIND

Post by GALAXY67 »

I have been in radio since 1964,I do a lot of buying,I love to keep changing my station,some radio models I have had more than 6 times over the years,I'm one of those kind of people,I also eventually sell a lot,anyway,I had 3 people do the same thing to me over the past year or so,I don't do pay pal,I refuse to pay there fees,3 times I took the time,effort and then sent postal money orders only to have them returned to me with notes that the seller had changed there mind and decided to keep the radio,one ham,also did the same thing,about 2 weeks later I see an ad for the radio with a new price $75 higher,the point is,even though it was irritating,cost me time,etc I was not going to lose any sleep over it or ,or let it bother me so much as to broadcast it on every forum,in the end,all I lost was $1 for the money order(One guy sent me a Buck) and some time,life is too short ,this probably happens more times than people think,if soemone wants to change there mind on me about a deal,thats life,I myself don't treat people that way,but its not a world crisis.Just my own point of view..BOB WN8BOB
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Thank you Curt for proving my thoughts about you. By the way i hate to bust your image of me but so far i'm far from feeble but possibly feeble minded...
Larry Huff K0pd
w3qe

K0pd---hugs a kisses to you OM

Post by w3qe »

K0pd---keep your comments to yourself and I won’t say a thing otherwise expect to be met with flames. Tit for Tat

K9XR---I am NOT hiding from anyone---with the world being what it is today it's hard to hide. I like W3QE for the CW cadence, nothing more, no hiding there---not that I have to explain myself to anyone but God above.

As far as explaining myself to anyone because a cry baby posts my name on the internet and another self proclaim moral authority says to sue me---I still laugh at that one--I don't owe anyone an explanation except Steve and he got it, just didn't like it.

I never screwed anyone---but have been and recently by paypal from a shyster on eBay. But you don't see me posting his name all over the internet and crying like a big baby---tis life folks.

Expecting perfect results in an imperfect world is a fools game and crying on here about how someone you feel injured is a bigger joke yet.

Read C.S. Lewis’s “Mere Christianity”--- then if you still believe this forum is relevant, God help you.

FYI---I still believe if you believe this forum is necessary then you are the type that MUST NEVER buy used equipment but only from a vendor and then you will probably return the items half time anyway.
W3WN

Re: Yea Right----

Post by W3WN »

w3qe wrote:First to the holier than thou commenter---if I want to change my call sign a million times then the FCC will tell me I am doing something wrong not some self made policemen who determines what is insanity and what is not. Thank God I don't think like an old worn out ham. This is 2011 and your world has passed you by gentlemen. Funny thing---I am one of you at 59 but sure as hell don't think like the majority---proudly so!
<snip>
And yet you chewed me out when I put in for my 1x2 after 30 + years licensed.

That aside... sorry Curt, but once you accepted payment, you were honor bound to keep the commitment. If you listed the item at the wrong price, you should have corrected that before agreeing to the sale, let alone accepting the funds. That you returned the funds is not the point... you should not have agreed in the first place.

I seem to recall a swap of items a ways back, when you insisted that I had agreed to throw in a Mirage amp as part of the deal? I wasn't sure, but I took you at your word, figured it was my error, and followed through. Are you now implying that you won't do the same on your error?
w3qe

W3WN---Ronald J Notarius 3395 Rosewood Drive Castle Shanno

Post by w3qe »

It short you are a lair!! I am ONLY on HF and such an amp makes NO sense for me.

As far as payment--I NEVER ASKED FOR Steve’s MONEY___N_E_V_E_R!!

Before I knew what was happening Steve sent money, period. Believe what you may.

Ron you are known as the Pittsburgh freak---remember W3KHW Radio Cub where you were thrown out because you are a freak---you’re little man behind the keyboard Ron.

When you were accused of stealing W3KHW radio equipment who saved your xxx?? Now you are on here telling lies about me!! xxxxx you Ron. They---W3KWH-- had your number when you were thrown out of W3KWH because you are nothing but trouble, a freak. Even my own wife told me this--- to stay away from that (strange) person. She sensed you’re weirdness and she was dead on accurate. You are all over the internet trying to make yourself feel big, issues Ron you have big issues. Nat told you this in a letter years ago---you should have listened to mother and stuck to your Jewish roots.

I felt sorry for you Ron because you had no friends---why you’re all over the internet to this day---I helped you and you return favor with back stabling lies---xxxxx you.

You know where I live, 20 minutes away, come see me you freak if you have anything further to say.

Curt