G4IKP-anyone had dealings with him?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4sef

G4IKP-anyone had dealings with him?

Post by w4sef »

Has anyone had any dealing with Ian Hickman G4IKP? I bought an antenna-a Diamond X 700 from him and so far have never recieved it.. He refuses to answer emails and even the Courier service will not answer my emails. The courier is First Flight Courier in Ireland. Why he shipped it to Ireland is beyond me. I am compliling the emails and will be contacting the Internet Crimes Commision.

Thank you for the help.

Steve Fritts W4YJ-ex W4SEF
K9XR

Scam?

Post by K9XR »

I wonder if someone may have HI-Jacked G4IKP's call and is operating a scam? Did he answer an ad that you had posted? The "courier" thing makes me very suspicious. How did you pay?

Good Luck. I hope this one has a satisfactory ending for you.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I'm with Al on this one as courier service was claimed to be used. It smells scam to me. And if you have been following this site you will read of a lot of HiJacked UK calls.
Larry Huff K0pd
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Not sure what email your using for him but his official email listed on QRZ is
ian.hickman@blueyonder.co.uk

Good luck!
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
w4sef

Post by w4sef »

KA2CDT wrote:Not sure what email your using for him but his official email listed on QRZ is

Good luck!
I just emailed him with the different email. I have just now turned this over to the ICC. Looks like I lost some money. Sure destroys my faith in ham ops. Time was when you really could trust another ham op. Not anymore-I have friends that have been ripped off by other hams at hamfests.

Steve W4YJ ex W4SEF
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

w4sef wrote:
KA2CDT wrote:Not sure what email your using for him but his official email listed on QRZ is

Good luck!
I just emailed him with the different email. I have just now turned this over to the ICC. Looks like I lost some money. Sure destroys my faith in ham ops. Time was when you really could trust another ham op. Not anymore-I have friends that have been ripped off by other hams at hamfests.

Steve W4YJ ex W4SEF
In this case I would bet his call sign was high jacked by a scammer.The real Ian Hickman probably does not even know until he receives your email. He will more than likely post something on his QRZ profile informing us of the scam artist. It is out of control but is expected especially with the internet. "Port hole to the world" and unfortunately all the scum that comes with it. :evil:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
w4sef

Post by w4sef »

[quote="KA2CDT"][quote="w4sef"][quote="KA2CDT"]Not sure what email your using for him but his official email listed on QRZ is

I just heard from Ian-the REAL Ian. Looks like I have been ripped off....first time it has happened to me. It is very disappointing.

Thanks to all that replied.

Steve
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Steve if you used pay pal there is a chance they are still holding the funds. Turning over to the ICC will more than likely not do much good. Also many of those scammers actually live in INDIA. I had one from Australia that almost got me but Pay Pal had not released the funds to the seller yet so i got my money back. Good luck and sorry you got bit.
Larry Huff K0pd
rgshauger

Post by rgshauger »

You can add me as his latest victim. I wish I would had done a callsign search here before I sent him the money.

Thinking back there were red flags I should have seen along the way. Ah well, lesson learned the hard way!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

73, Bob