Beware KB3MSU

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w2mc

Beware KB3MSU

Post by w2mc »

I responded to KB3MSU's ad (below), and sent $40 cash, but never received the drive. When I contacted him (May 01) he said "I'll keep you informed, Jon".......

Despite several emails, I've heard nothing from KB3MSU, and received no drive. Its now May 21st, and I suspect I'm out $40.00.

Beware of KB3MSU....

Jon
W2MC

COMPUTER - For Sale: External USB DVD-R/CD-R Drive
** Pending Payment ** I have for sale an external DVD-RW Drive, will also do CD-RW. Drive is brand new. USB Computer connection. Includes all cords and power supply. Works great with Windows XP and Vista----totally plug and play. Asking $40.00 shipped in the lower 48 states. Or what do you have for trade? Let me know. Contact me at kb3msu at verizon.net . 73's
wx1f

Re: Beware KB3MSU

Post by wx1f »

w2mc wrote:I responded to KB3MSU's ad (below), and sent $40 cash, but never received the drive. When I contacted him (May 01) he said "I'll keep you informed, Jon".......

Despite several emails, I've heard nothing from KB3MSU, and received no drive. Its now May 21st, and I suspect I'm out $40.00.

Beware of KB3MSU....

Jon
W2MC

COMPUTER - For Sale: External USB DVD-R/CD-R Drive
** Pending Payment ** I have for sale an external DVD-RW Drive, will also do CD-RW. Drive is brand new. USB Computer connection. Includes all cords and power supply. Works great with Windows XP and Vista----totally plug and play. Asking $40.00 shipped in the lower 48 states. Or what do you have for trade? Let me know. Contact me at kb3msu at verizon.net . 73's
That's interstate theft. Contact his local PD with copies of your shipping receipts. They will pay him a visit.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

I'm not making any excuses for KB3MSU - but I searched KB3MSU and found the following on QRZ.COM description. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't intentional?

Hello, I'm Leroy, KB3MSU. I live in Kulpmont, PA, heart of the coal region. I currently have no station. I am now confined to an electric mobility chair for what remaing time I have here. I had major brain surgery in 2008 that left me impaired, but I was still making 100+ PSK contacts a day with my old station. In April of this year, 2010, I had a massive heart attack and spent 29 days in the heart research hospital. Got confined to my mobility chair in my prison of my home. Then, christmas week I had an MRI that found I have a large area of encephlyomalacia, an untreatable brain disease with no cure. They say I have maybe 1 year to go before I go into a terminal/coma. Then the neuro-surgeon says to me to go enjoy my time I have left, have fun, get back into ham radio!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Wow what a sad story with KB3MSU and personally if this is truly the case he could keep the money as far as i would be concerned. His situation does explain why the neglect on shipping. 11 yrs ago i sold a MC60 mic on E bay and before the money arrived i had a Heart attack and the end result was i ended up with 5 heart bypasses. During my recovery process i had completely forgotten about the Mic. My Son stopped by one day and asked me if i had checked all the mail i had. Of course i had not,so when going through it was the letter from the buyer of the MIC with his M.O.. I immediately contacted him and got the Mic out to him. Mind you he had sent the Money over a month before,but when some things happen that are very serious it becomes the priority. So these things do happen unforunately.
Larry Huff K0pd
W4AIN

I don't know...

Post by W4AIN »

The original complaint was in May 2009....The info on KB3MSU's heart attack was in April 2010......Seems that he could have shipped that item, or provided a refund, sometime within that nearly one year time frame. Maybe I'm missing something, but the dates are clearly posted.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

He is current and active on eBay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true

Something hinky about this guy.
Steve - KA9MOT
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Just checked his sales and buys - nothing Amateur Radio Related that I can find...
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

KA9MOT wrote:He is current and active on eBay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true

Something hinky about this guy.
So what's "hinky" about him ?? He still has all his stuff, and everybody"s money to boot. I think he is pretty "slick"
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Yep it looks like he is doing quite well. I guess the only brain problem he has is thinking honestly..
Larry Huff K0pd