Yaesu FT-920 FLASHING display

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
W4AJF

Yaesu FT-920 FLASHING display

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, I have a Yaesu FT-920 and when you turn it on the MAIN VFO flashes the frequency continually. Receive volume is VERY low and there is no TX but all buttons seem to work. You can change frequencies, modes, etc, but the radio continually flashes the frequency on the MAIN VFO. VFO B does not flash. Can anyone out there can offer any help?

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
NY, NY
adamf@eeco.com
W4AJF

FT-920 help-no receive

Post by W4AJF »

OK, I have made a little progress but still need help. Someone e-mailed me and told me to try to adjust T2009 which is near the crystal on the Main board. I did that and now the flashing has stopped, the radio has full TX on all bands, but still No receive and receive audio is Very low. When I attach the antenna to the SO-239 there is NO change, it's like it's not even connected.

Any help still appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
NY, NY
adamf@eeco.com
W4AJF

FT-920 fixed

Post by W4AJF »

OK, finally got it, a technician said it sounded like a wiring issue so I reseated all connections (plugs, ribbons cables etc) and now the radio is working as it should. Thanks to those who tried to help.

Adam Farber W4AJF
NY, NY