No replys to my replys

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
sparky66

No replys to my replys

Post by sparky66 »

People respond to my QTH FS ads, and I faithfully respond right back, but then I never hear from them again. One ham said he definately wanted the equipment, and I told him "it's yours". I didn't hear from him again. Am I doing something wrong??
Thanks,
Rich W7QZO
KB3RPE

Re: No replys to my replys

Post by KB3RPE »

Plenty of Hams who ask for items are tire-kickers, have "XYL issues" or didn't have the money to begin with.....or are just "rude" & can't answer back . I dunno' maybe they have a "1 email per person" limit.......:roll:
Anyway been there done that...had items listed ...recd. emails to buy. responded......then it's as if they fell from the face of the earth HiHi

sparky66 wrote:People respond to my QTH FS ads, and I faithfully respond right back, but then I never hear from them again. One ham said he definately wanted the equipment, and I told him "it's yours". I didn't hear from him again. Am I doing something wrong??
Thanks,
Rich W7QZO
sparky66

QTH responses

Post by sparky66 »

KB3RPE
Thanks, OM, I suspected as much. After six non-responses in a row I was worried I was doing something wrong, especially since one was a ham I've had previous dealings with, and he seemed a nice guy.
Thanks again.
73s
Rich W7QZO.
KB3RPE

Re: QTH responses

Post by KB3RPE »

I've also had the "opposite" problem,,, responding to a "for sale" & getting no reply, as if they don't check email or really don't want to sell.....:?: Gotta wonder.... Oh well..lifes little mysteries....:P
sparky66 wrote:KB3RPE
Thanks, OM, I suspected as much. After six non-responses in a row I was worried I was doing something wrong, especially since one was a ham I've had previous dealings with, and he seemed a nice guy.
Thanks again.
73s
Rich W7QZO.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

FWIW - I have used the same e-mail account (not my ARRL) for over 14 years. Unfortunately, my e-mail address has been used by spammer's on ocassion (price you pay for having the same e-mail). Guess what? Every once in a while I get a reply and it has [SPAM] added to the subject field. Those who don't actually monitor their mail might have their mail program just move it into the waste basket. So, when I don't get a reply - I jump over and use a different e-mail address and it normally works - just a thought.

Also - have you ever sent an e-mail to a person (it is listed in their add) and get back a message that their Mailbox Is Full!