N1EQ

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9XR

Re: I AGREE WITH N1EQ

Post by K9XR »

I'm not a big fan of phone calls either. And I've had a bunch of long wasted phone calls from tire kickers also. But don't you think you might be exaggerating about the "added $50.00 to the phone bill" part maybe just a little. If it really did add that much you really need to change your phone plan.

N9LCD wrote:I dealt with a phone addicted would-be buyer like KD5EZR.

A guy emails me about a receiver I'm selling and asks for my phone number because he has a few questions. Figuring that I could give somebody who's going to pay $1,250 for my RA1795 a few minutes, I emailed my number.

WHAT A MISTAKE!!

The first call went an hour and fifteen minutes! It ended with "Food's on the table. I got to go eat!"

The second call went almost an hour. "Got to go! Dinner's on the table!"

The third call went about 35 minutes. It ended with "Sounds like a fight out in front of the house. Got to see what's going on."

It ended with "NO SALE" and about $50 more on the phone bill for this flake's incoming calls.

TIME IS MONEY! IT COSTS TO GET INCOMING CALLS AND TIME ON THE PHONE IS NOT PRODUCTIVE.

N9LCD

:roll:
kd5ezr

N1EQ

Post by kd5ezr »

Where there is smoke there is fire. Trust me send your radio to Icom - the work is under warranty, You can even speak to the tech without worry of being labled as "having an attitude." That is....unless you get free radio repair work. If that is the case you may be happy either way. To anyone reading this site: I am a working professional that has no time to argue with people about whether they want my money but bad service is bad service. Like the gentlemen said in an earlier post; time is money. I ask each of you this; what happened to a simple conversation?, a good ol fashioned handshake? the value of a potential customer? Service is your business. Service is your name. Service is your reputation. This guy will skin himself in the end. It always comes back around. If your in the service business - you have to provide good service. Read the emails yourself - they speak volumes about his customer service. Read the other emails as well if nothing else they are entertaining.

Brent
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

n/a
Last edited by lonewolf on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kj4eds

Phone Vs email

Post by kj4eds »

Kj4eds Dale

As for me, a person in business needs to be able to deal with public voice to voice
and not just email or text message. Part of preforming a service for the amateur community
is dealing with different types of people an there problems if you are unable to do that
then try a different line of work.those type of attitudes and polices give the a amateur
community a bad reputation . And after all of the opinions that have been expressed here
defending N1EQ weird polices and attitude I doubt this will help his business.
He would have been better off not showing his emailing skill to every one.

And I do have a phone 859-432 3491 if you would like to debate the issue
thanks Dale
kj4eds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9LCD wrote:
I dealt with a phone addicted would-be buyer like KD5EZR.

A guy emails me about a receiver I'm selling and asks for my phone number because he has a few questions. Figuring that I could give somebody who's going to pay $1,250 for my RA1795 a few minutes, I emailed my number.

WHAT A MISTAKE!!

The first call went an hour and fifteen minutes! It ended with "Food's on the table. I got to go eat!"

The second call went almost an hour. "Got to go! Dinner's on the table!"

The third call went about 35 minutes. It ended with "Sounds like a fight out in front of the house. Got to see what's going on."

It ended with "NO SALE" and about $50 more on the phone bill for this flake's incoming calls.

TIME IS MONEY! IT COSTS TO GET INCOMING CALLS AND TIME ON THE PHONE IS NOT PRODUCTIVE.

N9LCD
kj4eds

Post by kj4eds »

Kj4eds Dale
I also noticed
N9LCD

Didnt give a name with his call or number
K8YZK

Post by K8YZK »

The guy states on his web pages that he does it by email. If you don't like it then why cry about it, take your business elsewhere. I would use him except he takes paypal which I refuse to use, I prefer to use USPS MO.

He is the owner/operator of his business and he can take or refuse any job.
Why make a big deal about it, move on.

This is my opinion only, and yours will most likely vary.
kd5ezr

very good question

Post by kd5ezr »

Thats a very good question. The answer is in the title of this site. I seek only to share my experiences with other hams so that they may be better serviced in the future by other vendors. I was lucky. I hope others who read this site will be the same. Very good question though. No crying here - just smiles - wink
ns5u

Experts

Post by ns5u »

The surest method to determine the competency of an expert is to determine first what are his limitations and second how does he manage those limitations. Someone willing to reveal his shortcomings openly and as a subset of his skills instills confidence. Confidence isn't arrogance and certainly shouldn't be an offense.

Mike does a great job of establishing an expectation he can easily surpass. He doesn't get in over his head by promising what he can't deliver. Mike advertises his limitations and establishes this expectation anonymously by postings in public view. He is offering potential clients an opportunity to decide privately if they might benefit from his expertise. Their embarrassment of rejection isn't revealed to anyone(not even MIke) unless the potential client chooses to make it public.

Some folks have a need to grind an axe on someone else's face. Small businesses do well to avoid confrontations with such clients.

My two cents and worth just what you paid for it.

NS5U

Jim Benson
kd5ezr

Deep

Post by kd5ezr »

Man thats deep. Im not sure I understand it but if im reading it right - n1eq would be great at what he does if he just had some customer service. Sam Walton once wrote:

EXCEED your customers’ expectations. If you do, they’ll come back over and over. Give them what they want – and a little more. Let them know you appreciate them. Make good on all your mistakes, and don’t make excuses – apologize. Stand behind everything you do. The two most important words I ever wrote were on that first Wal-Mart sign: “Satisfaction Guaranteed”.
ns5u

Almost

Post by ns5u »

You almost have it. The part you keep missing is you are not a customer. No soup for you.
NY7Q

n1eq way of doing business

Post by NY7Q »

personally, I think he is correct in the way he does things. Its his choice, his business, his way.
follow his little bitty rules, and life will be simple.
cw today, tomorrow and cw forever.
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
NY7Q

on his side in this

Post by NY7Q »

No I don't know him. I just know his reputation, which is great.
GO MIKE
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.