Gary Rossy KA9YMH let people see who you are

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ae6or

Gary Rossy KA9YMH let people see who you are

Post by ae6or »

This is what Gary had posted:
Listing Number: 849350
Date Ad was Placed: 08/24/10
Name: gary rossy
Phone Number: 618-406-2800
Callsign: KA9YMH
Category: RADIOVHF
Heading: Kenwood TR-751A 2 Meter All Mode with t
Ad Message:
Kenwood TR-751A 2 meter All Mode, very nice, very very clean. Radio works great and has the optional tone board.No bad knobs or pots here.... Comes with matching DTMF microphone.It will also come with the factory mounting bracket and a copy of the manual (not pictured) Asking 295.00 for the all mode All prices plus a little freight. Please call or email if interested.
618-406-2800 cell
PS; this ad is for the TR-751a ( radio on the top in the pic), the TM-2550a with tone and voice is listed in it's own ad for 195.00.
You won't find a cleaner one......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answer after RADIO RECEIVED:
Gary,

Received radio, however is not very very clean as you advertised.
Also the display back light is out.
The shop is asking $60 for fixing the back light.
Please send me a $60 USPSMO to be able to fix the radio display back light.

Advise for future: don't exagerate the condition of your items.

AE6OR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
His Reply below:

Advise for you now, I did not exagerate the condition. Everyone's standards are different. Your opinion and mine must differ because to me that radio is in excellent condition. Especially for the age of that radio. I did NOT sell a new piece of gear . As for the bulb, I told you and listed it as being out in several of my ads. I also had it listed on Ebay and clearly stated it was out and would need to be replaced. I can copy the ads and send them to you . I will not send any money because I did nothing wrong on my part. I do not like being accused of things like this.

gary
-------------------------------------------
Here my last email to Gary

Gary,
can you read the add you posted on QTH?
You did not had any statement regarding the out back light....
I guess you will have problems from now on.......

Take care

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS FOR YOU, THE READER TO FIGURE OUT

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
AE6OR
ka9ymh

Post by ka9ymh »

You are just trying to get something for nothing. I have attached the ad I had running on Ebay at the time and told you I modified the ad on QTH the next day and stated that it needed a backlit bulb.Your copy is from the first night that it was listed. Both ads stated that, and I even told you. So do not threaten me with a 60.00 fee to have it fixed. The radio works flawless and you could not find anything else wrong to scam me with so you used the bulb. A 5.00 bulb..... Even though it is not my responsibility I even offered for you to send it back and I would have it fixed for you . Besides that you agreed to buy both radios and I went to the trouble of deleting all other ads and then you backed out of the one radio after I had them all boxed and packed... My advice to everyone else out there is just make sure if this guy wants to buy something from you , think twice on selling, I know I will..

Sell a similar item
Listing info
Page views: 122
Duration: 30 days

Please waitImage not available
• Enlarge

Kenwood TR-751A 2 meter All Mode, very nice, very clean. Radio works great and has the optional tone board .No bad knobs or pots here.... All works great, will need one bulb for backlit display. Meter light is fine. Comes with matching DTMF microphone. It will also come with the power cord and original mounting bracket and a copy of the manual (bracket and manual not pictured).
NOTE: Radio on top in picture is the one for sale. Radio on bottom is for sale in another auction. This auction is ONLY for the TR-751A and accessories . As with all used electronics I will be selling as is no returns. Check my feedback and Bid with confidence, Thanks..........
Kenwood TR-751A 2 Meter All Mode with tone board

Item condition: Used

Ended: Aug 25, 201004:29:06 PDT

Price: US $315.00

Add to list
• Add to Watch list

Shipping: $13.50 US Postal Service Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box
See more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details
Estimated delivery within 5-6 business days.

Returns: No Returns Accepted

eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.
Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Seller info
Member id )

98.8% Positive feedback
Save this seller
See other items from this seller

Other item info
Item number: 110576999239
Item location: Troy, IL, United States
Ships to: United States
Payments: PayPal See payment details

History: 5 offers

Share this itemPrint this item - opens in a new window or tabReport item
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Hmmm.........
I recently purchased a rig (not from either of the gents) and it had a back light out. The seller said he had no knowledge of the light being out.

Should I have tarnished this persons record? Should I have demanded $60 for repair?

I guess I solved the problem the wrong way. I pulled 2, 3mm white LEDs out of the bag and 2 resistors and 20 minutes later I have a beautiful Emerald Green display!

Heck, I didn't even realize I had been ripped off!

Thanks AE6OR! Next time I'll totally trash my seller...jeez who knew?

BTW, The original QTH Listing is gone.

The eBay listing clearly states the bulb needs replaced.
Steve - KA9MOT
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I saw this same ad on E bay and qth and in both cases it said bulb was out.. Sixty dollars to replace a bulb? You can do that your self for $5.00 as i'm going by the the sellers said cost for a bulb. I can't believe it either your trashing some one over a bulb.
Larry Huff K0pd
w9mkm

Post by w9mkm »

I have bought radios from Gary in the past without any problems. He's always been very open about his radios when I talked to him on the phone. Everything I bought from him were as described. Mark W9MKM
ae6or

Post by ae6or »

I purchased the item as result of a QTH add, and not from ebay..... the item is not as described.
Thanks gents for your input.
W9DMW-2

Just My Two Cents

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Hello to all, First let me state, That I am not judging anyone here, Just my opinion. I have looked at both the Ebay auction, And the Qth Ad, And they both state that the bulb needed to be replaced. Further, I have done some buying from Gary, And he has ALWAYS been upfront and honest with me. I have to agree with Steve, KA9MOT, That $60.00 to replace a bulb is quite steep. I have replaced many back light bulbs, never saw that high of a repair bill accept for the my Icom IC-737, Which required some major type soldering jig that only Icom had at the time. I think it was a 101 pin connector that they had to unsolder, only cost me $65.00. That I can understand. But I to have a Kenwood 751, And had to replace the back light bulbs, They are not that hard to do, And I also used 12VDC LEDS in replacement. EASY fix. Like I said, I am not hear to judge anyone, But in my opinion, I do not feel that Gary did anything wrong here, Plus he stated if you sent it back, He would get the bulbs replaced for you... Sounds like a honest approach to me. ( He didn't even have to do that).
The problem today is that some hams are becoming appliance users, What ever happened to the EXPERIMENTERS hobby?. Building things from scratch, Making simple type repairs? Wiring a mic?. And I also know that with the new technology out there, That some repairs just have to be done by the factory or some one with the equipment to do said repairs. I'm just talking in general. Well that's my 2 dents on this.. My answer is simple, Fix it your self. It's not that hard, And I think you will enjoy it. Put in a different color bulb. Customize it. And besides, You state that the radio works great, So why make a big deal out of a light bulb. Even if it were not stated in the ad/auction, Bulbs go out all the time, It's not a big deal...
Gary, I would buy from you anytime, Your deals with me were flawless, And your descriptions of the items you sold me were 100% accurate. Plus everything was 100% operational when received.
And to the other gent, Send me the radio, I will fix the display lights for FREE. WHY ???. Because I can.....
Thanks to all, GOD BLESS US ALL, And lets all play nice....

73's i.e. Don W9DMW :lol:
WD9IQN

My 2 cents worth !

Post by WD9IQN »

I have known Gary way back before either of us were hams. He is an honest guy and I wish I would have seen the rig for sale. I would have bought it from him here locally.

73's Ron WD9IQN
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I just bought a Kenwood MC-85
from Gary and received it 2 days ago. Prompt service, good packaging etc.
An unadvertised feature was that the PTT does not work, but you don't hear me
jumping on him. I got a usable box to mail it in for repair. Look at the money I saved.
W9DMW-2

"OUCH"

Post by W9DMW-2 »

kg4mlo wrote:I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I just bought a Kenwood MC-85
from Gary and received it 2 days ago. Prompt service, good packaging etc.
An unadvertised feature was that the PTT does not work, but you don't hear me
jumping on him. I got a usable box to mail it in for repair. Look at the money I saved.
:roll: "OUCH" !!!!! :?:
ka9ymh

Post by ka9ymh »

That is the way thing should be handled. As soon as I heard KG4MLO had a problem with the mic I contacted and offered to pay for the part or refund his money. He did not even contact me, I saw it here on the this site. I believe if someone has an honest complaint and contacts the other person with a decent attitude and does not demand money or partial refunds without even saying hello first you can get a lot more accomplished. The old saying , "you can catch more flies with honey". I guess I am old school and the entire situation is controlled by attitude.For what it is worth...........