To "Ad" or not to "Add"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4ICL

To "Ad" or not to "Add"

Post by K4ICL »

The abbreviation for Advertisement is Ad,

The word Add denotes a mathematical function where two or more items are combined. For example, "If you Add one apple to three apples the total number of apples is four apples."

This means Ad and Add are not the same thing.

Cheers,

K4ICL
K7FF

Please add to your ad.

Post by K7FF »

ad nauseam
K9XR

Re: Please add to your ad.

Post by K9XR »

WOW!!!! All that time of to "Concentrate on your writing" and that's the best you can do?

K7FF wrote:ad nauseam
K7FF

ST. ELMO'S FIRE.

Post by K7FF »

Autumn Evening
by
Derek Yungling

As I sit here looking out my window to the east, the view overwhelms. A hundred yards out is a line of oaks, from left to right, one quite large on the right, the rest smaller. The trees reddish rust, the golden setting sun behind and hidden to the west is advancing east up the yellow slope of wild wheat grass illuminating the oaks beyond to leap from the oak leaf fingers like St. Elmo’s fire, very bright moments ago now little brighter than the ambient glow. The small tree between me and the line of oaks is now barely discernible from the oaks behind. I will have to learn what kind of tree it is. Moments ago the sky above and beyond the oaks was awash with gold, but now mostly a pale blue. In a brief instant all is flat, the brilliant gone, subdued palate flat. Is it a metaphor of the universe? An instant transition from energy to matter? Tomorrow at this time I shall return to this spot at this hour to see if what I saw this evening returns, having transitioned back, from matter to energy. Yes, it returned. I also must.
K9XR

Re: ST. ELMO'S FIRE.

Post by K9XR »

Now that's more like it. You ought to consider writing a book. Oh that's right, you already tried that. Now all you have to do is learn to say more and more with less words instead of less and less with more words. Keep trying, I think you might just get it some day.

K7FF wrote:Autumn Evening
by
Derek Yungling

As I sit here looking out my window to the east, the view overwhelms. A hundred yards out is a line of oaks, from left to right, one quite large on the right, the rest smaller. The trees reddish rust, the golden setting sun behind and hidden to the west is advancing east up the yellow slope of wild wheat grass illuminating the oaks beyond to leap from the oak leaf fingers like St. Elmo’s fire, very bright moments ago now little brighter than the ambient glow. The small tree between me and the line of oaks is now barely discernible from the oaks behind. I will have to learn what kind of tree it is. Moments ago the sky above and beyond the oaks was awash with gold, but now mostly a pale blue. In a brief instant all is flat, the brilliant gone, subdued palate flat. Is it a metaphor of the universe? An instant transition from energy to matter? Tomorrow at this time I shall return to this spot at this hour to see if what I saw this evening returns, having transitioned back, from matter to energy. Yes, it returned. I also must.
K7FF

A MAN OF FEW WORDS WITH EVEN LESS UNDERSTANDING

Post by K7FF »

I tried that with my earlier post and assumed that I had 'gottern it', only to discover that you hadn't gotten it at all. Keep trying. . .

BTW> How do those pearls taste?
K9XR

Re: A MAN OF FEW WORDS WITH EVEN LESS UNDERSTANDING

Post by K9XR »

There you go "assuming" again. I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

K7FF wrote:I tried that with my earlier post and assumed that I had 'gottern it', only to discover that you hadn't gotten it at all. Keep trying. . .

BTW> How do those pearls taste?
KK2DOG

Re: To "Ad" or not to "Add"

Post by KK2DOG »

K4ICL wrote:The abbreviation for Advertisement is Ad,

The word Add denotes a mathematical function where two or more items are combined. For example, "If you Add one apple to three apples the total number of apples is four apples."

Cheers,

K4ICL
Don't forget about the items that are "For SELL" out here,
or the towers that might need "Guide Wires."
W1JCW

Re: To "Ad" or not to "Add"

Post by W1JCW »

KK2DOG wrote:
K4ICL wrote:The abbreviation for Advertisement is Ad,

Cheers,

K4ICL
Don't forget about the items that are "For SELL" out here,
or the towers that might need "Guide Wires."
Then there is perpose or Purpose even when spell check is automatic with the posting tool....
73 -

W1JCW
John