common courtesy

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
N0VPD

common courtesy

Post by N0VPD »

it sure would be nice if the people that are interested in an item let the seller know either way if they are going to buy the item or not, especially after a few emails wanting to know other facts about the item. that way the seller can either remove the item or keep it listed. some of you people just dont seem to have common sense. if you cant treat others in a decent manner, then i suggest that you go and learn how to. grow up and get with it.
K9XR

Re: common courtesy

Post by K9XR »

Be careful, You are starting to sound like a "CRYBABY" and I know you don'ty want to do anything like that.

N0VPD wrote:it sure would be nice if the people that are interested in an item let the seller know either way if they are going to buy the item or not, especially after a few emails wanting to know other facts about the item. that way the seller can either remove the item or keep it listed. some of you people just dont seem to have common sense. if you cant treat others in a decent manner, then i suggest that you go and learn how to. grow up and get with it.
N0VPD

Post by N0VPD »

i guess your not very smart because that post said exactly what i said again that people can't be trusted these days. it amazes me how many ignorant people there are in this world today. i am not crying i am just pointing out the fact that there are a whole lot of stupid morons in this world. need i say more?
K9XR

SURE SOUNDS LIKE CRYING TO ME

Post by K9XR »

I may not be very smart, but it seems to me you are just Bitching about a potential buyer who hasn't even made a commitment to buy anything. What did that cost you? I would think that a genius would be able to spot "tire kickers" a mile away and just move on with your life. I am just shocked!!! It would seem to me that if someone doesn't say "I will Take it", that a genius like you would figure out that they don't want it and go on to the next buyer instead of crying about it here.

OH WAIT, I think I finally get it . When we talk about a rude seller who goes back on a commitment we are "crying" but when you complain about a "NON DEAL" you are just being informative. I would think that someone a smart as you would know the difference between a commitment and a "NON DEAL".

N0VPD wrote:i guess your not very smart because that post said exactly what i said again that people can't be trusted these days. it amazes me how many ignorant people there are in this world today. i am not crying i am just pointing out the fact that there are a whole lot of stupid morons in this world. need i say more?
kw4h

Post by kw4h »

N0VPD wrote:i guess your not very smart because that post said exactly what i said again that people can't be trusted these days. it amazes me how many ignorant people there are in this world today. i am not crying i am just pointing out the fact that there are a whole lot of stupid morons in this world. need i say more?
With few exceptions, I've found most people to be trustworthy and honest -- particularly in the ham community. There are a few rotten apples out there, but most folks are pleasant to deal with and pretty reasonable. Just my two cents.

73, Steve.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I've after asking questions back and forth and up on deciding yes i'll buy it only to have the seller say sorry but i just sold it. So it works both ways and i'm not complaining as that is how it is.
Larry Huff K0pd
N0VPD

Post by N0VPD »

to kw4h & k0pd:
i totally agree with you. i have had many dealings both buying and selling and most people are good decent people. my only beef is that like those chronic complainers who get their feelings hurt. what a bunch of moronic cry babies. oh well. enough of this. have a good one. 73's.
w5rkl

Post by w5rkl »

The only thing I would add to this discussion is if an item has been sold then the seller should take the time to edit the ad to reflect the item(s) were sold.

Just my 2 cents worth.
w8jn

courtesy?

Post by w8jn »

Karl,
Based on your comments, I am guessing you call the car salesman back after you take an hour of his time and tell him you are buying from his competitor? You call the furniture salesman back after you ask him 100 questions, thanking him for his time, however you are not buying from him?
happy hoss trading Paul w8jn
N0VPD

Post by N0VPD »

that's right i do. his time is why he's there. he knows, or should know, that everyone is not going to be a sale. i go with the best value, the best price, and with the one i trust the most. see? unlike (probably you) i have the guts to tell it like it really is. i am not a phony like most people these days. if i am selling something, the first to pay is the one it goes to. if i am buying, i am smart enough, unlike most people, to know that it's a crap shoot. grow up and open your eyes and for once see what the REAL world is like. have a nice day.
w8jn

chilllll

Post by w8jn »

Wow Karl,
Such hostility! Not good for the blood pressure.
N0VPD

Post by N0VPD »

not hostility just honesty
w8jn

goes with the territory

Post by w8jn »

Karl,
Those of us who are regular sellers and hoss traders understand that some people will ask questions and then become cosmic debris (Frank Zappa). The more information you place in your ad and the better your reputation as a seller, the less aggravation you have. I just purchased a 9000d from k7erq. Roger is a non smoker and cares for his equipment ocd! I asked him what he wanted. Roger does not haggle. I wired the money to him ten minutes later. The whole deal took 20 minutes. Marty bought my 9000mp. No questions from him and he asked me to drive it to Pittsburgh from Cincinnati. He knew that I was selling a top of the line mint rig and I knew he would have cash in hand.
I get very few tire kickers and posers. The "make me an offer" and no price in the listing is an open invitation for all of the wannabeezzz and reseller scumbsuckers to drive you crazy. I never understood "make me an offer" The seller knows what he wants to walk away with. "Make me an offer" really means I will be offended if you cant read my mind .