KA3UNB, Allen Prindle, A bad Experience

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8PQB

KA3UNB, Allen Prindle, A bad Experience

Post by N8PQB »

Your all on your own. I hear he has more gear to sell, why don't you'all buy some.
Last edited by N8PQB on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k8cix

N8PQB trashes KA3UNB

Post by k8cix »

Tom Johnson must be lacking in something to do. To trash a fellow ham and spend that much time taking up space on several ham sites reciting a Long, Boring story after you received a refund is not only "amateurish" (no pun intended) but just plain stupid. Things like this can happen. Maybe damaged in transit, maybe you did it when you screwed with it. Why not simply take off the cover and fix it. Repairing an SWR circuit is not rocket science. I would much prefer dealing with Mr. Prindle then with you Tom. You are what we refer to as a "Buyer from Hell"
W1JCW

Refund received, not happy

Post by W1JCW »

Wow a refund was received yet you feel the guy sold you something already damaged ?? That is very difficult to prove.

I would at least give the seller the benefit of doubt that the meter was good when shipped, specially when something like a meter can be damaged in shipping very easily.

I put insurance if it's paid for by the buyer, if it's damaged then I file a claim.

If the buyer is to cheap to purchase insurance then it's his boat anchor.

Such a long negative post when a refund was issued.
Last edited by W1JCW on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73 -

W1JCW
John
K9XR

Re: Refund received, not happy

Post by K9XR »

Yep and on all three major forums. Can't risk missing someone, you know.

Such a long negative post when a refund was issued.[/quote]
N8PQB

Post by N8PQB »

check QRZ
Last edited by N8PQB on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W1JCW

Re: And now again

Post by W1JCW »

N8PQB wrote:You guys have been flaming me for pointing out this guy, meanwhile, he has AGAIN done the same thing, selling defective gear, check QRZ
Post the ad here, it doesn't matter where it happened.

I wasn't flaming you. I thought you reacted harshly after you received a refund
that's all.
73 -

W1JCW
John
N8PQB

One last post

Post by N8PQB »

End of subject,
nuff said.
Last edited by N8PQB on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

N8PQB What exactly did you expect to happen when you post on a open forum. Right or wrong and whether you like it or not they were entitled to their opinion's from what you posted. If i do not want others commenting on my business i keep quiet about it and certainly would not post it on a open forum. I might make note that you continued to leave the impression that Prindle was a less than honest person with statements like the following and your angry at those who commented.

(You guys have been flaming me for pointing out this guy, meanwhile, he has AGAIN done the same thing, selling defective gear, check QRZ)
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Re: One last post

Post by K9XR »

DUH! Obviously I am not as smart as you are.

N8PQB wrote:I don't normally sit and respond to "opinions", however, I will make an exception this time, then delete this mess.
You guys have missed the point........Its not about a damaged item....DUH
Its about how it was handled after I received it. Yes, he refunded the original amount of the item, yes, he refunded PART OF the cost to return the item to him, but he DID NOT refund the ORIGINAL shipping cost.
Like I said, its not a bunch of money, but rather the princple. I can say after 20 years of ham radio, I had an item get damaged in shipment. When the ham notified me, I instructed him to return it to me, and I immediately went to the post office, got a money order for the full amount he had spent, and sent it NEXT DAY AIR. Did it cost me to do that? of course, but its just the right thing to do.
I have received an email from another ham that had a similar experience with Mr. Prindle, except he didn't want to return the damaged item, he wanted it fixed. That situation is still pending.
I don't believe Mr. Prindle is a "bad guy" but Good People make BAD Decisions, and we are held accountable for our decisions. Its part of being an adult.

So this is closed....I never asked for opinions on this matter, I believe Mr. Prindle should have refunded ALL funds I spent, he refused, so I reported to the amateur community the incident. If you guys want to do business with Mr. Prindle, be my guest, I will spend my money elsewhere.
End of subject,
nuff said.