Help! I Paid N8IBZ for IC-7000 Station on 7-27 thru PayPal

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kb0xa

Help! I Paid N8IBZ for IC-7000 Station on 7-27 thru PayPal

Post by kb0xa »

Help! I Paid N8IBZ for IC-7000 Station on 7-27 thru PayPal and he promised to send it A/O and e-mail me the tracking number later that day!
I've called the number he called me on many times and left messages and e-mailed him numerous times asking for the tracking number or my money back and he has never answered any of the requests even after I notified him that I was filing a PayPal claim for fraud!
If you know this man and can get in touch with him, please tell him that he needs to give me my money back. I need the money to buy a rig since I sold mine the day I paid him!
Listing #842703 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by Callsign N8IBZ
Mark D. Adams
N8IBZ
304-615-2129
n8ibz@live.com
kb0xa

Here's the ad!

Post by kb0xa »

Icom IC-7000 w/ Accessories
I would like to sell this as a package first.
Icom IC-7000 paid 1150. Box, w/ Seperation kit and mobile mount. Never mobile. Comes with all acc included when new.
IT-100 paid 125. w/ Box.
Icom PS-126 Paid 150 w/ original box.
Mountain West Clrspeech speaker. Paid 219 w/ original box.
Heil Pr-781 w/ Icom cable. Paid 170 w/ original box.
Heil Traverler headset. Paid 87 with Icom cable w/ original box.
Behringer Xenyx 802. Paid 39 w/ original box.
I used this setup as a fixed station. All items work and look like new.
Well thats 1940 total I paid. I will sell as a package for
1200.00 plus shipping. I will not split but if I did the price for each item will be more appropriate to my cost. Save 700 on this 5 month old setup.
I can send pic's to anyone who is interested in this package.
73 Mark D. Adams
N8IBZ
304-615-2129
Listing #842703 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by Callsign N8IBZ
Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

I would think if you paid through PayPal, you should be OK. Contact them immediately and see if they can get your money back.
GL es 73,
Terry, W0ZS
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

It would make me uncomfortable to lose contact with the seller. I would be a nervous wreck. However, it is still a little "early" to hit the panic button. There may be a very good explanation (illness, family emergency, etc). It isn't a week until tomorrow. With just a little luck, it shows up. In the meantime, I would notify PayPal of your INTENT to file a claim without actually initiating it for a day or so longer. Notification of intent puts them on notice that something may be sour.
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

I just saw this in the listings...its dated the 27th but was edited recently so it shows up now...hopefully this will be resolved soon...if not already...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Icom IC-7000 w/ Acc $ will be refunded.
run over by my own jeep, while I went to the ER the soon to be EX went into my house and removed all of this equipment, took my cell phone and took my credit cards. She them went and withdrew all funds in my account.
I contacted the police and they said since she lived in the house and we are not yet divorced she is allowed to enter the home and remove anything.
I've been to 3 lawyers and I can't believe this is true but it is. The sheriff would not even make a report because she is allowed to enter the home??? I will be sending the money back to the buyer within the next few days because I figure it will be several weeks or more before I can get my equipment back, if she doesn't sell it to one of her CB friends here in Parkersburg, WV. I will send payment back. embarrassment this has caused me.
no form of communication at my home while recovering from my broken ribs and run over leg. No email access at work either, forbidden.
Listing #842703 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by Callsign N8IBZ, Modified on 08/04/10
kb0xa

PayPal drawing interest on my $1200!! Organized Crime???

Post by kb0xa »

I talked to PayPal again a few minutes and had them look up this forum and what the seller posted this morning dated the 27th.
They said that they will send him an e-mail giving him 10 days to explain why he has not shipped the goods or to give them a tracking number and then they have 30 days to settle the claim.
The Comrads at PayPal say they recouped the $1200 before he could draw it out ASAP when I filed the claim and will hold the funds until this is settled!
The seller is a crook! He can find a way to post what he did on QTH, but can't answer my calls and messages left or e-mail me to tell me the same lies he posted here claiming he does not have access to e-mail etc.
His phone number in the ad 304-615-2129 is still working, so he does have telephone access!

Like our new Communist Government, e-bay and PayPalhave become more like an Organized Crime Cartel than the so called Community they claim to be!

:evil: :evil: Welcome to The New U.S.S.A. folks !
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Why are you critical of Paypal? Haven't they segregated these funds for return to you or at least prevented the seller from accessing them? BTW, in a communist society, your right to freedom of speech, exercised in this forum, might well have landed you in a Gulag.

73's,
Dave, w1wn
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

I'm usually a give a guy the benefit of a doubt kinda guy but this is a crock. Glad you will be able get your money from Paypal.
Marty
N5KBP

W8VVE wrote:I just saw this in the listings...its dated the 27th but was edited recently so it shows up now...hopefully this will be resolved soon...if not already...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Icom IC-7000 w/ Acc $ will be refunded.
run over by my own jeep, while I went to the ER the soon to be EX went into my house and removed all of this equipment, took my cell phone and took my credit cards. She them went and withdrew all funds in my account.
I contacted the police and they said since she lived in the house and we are not yet divorced she is allowed to enter the home and remove anything.
I've been to 3 lawyers and I can't believe this is true but it is. The sheriff would not even make a report because she is allowed to enter the home??? I will be sending the money back to the buyer within the next few days because I figure it will be several weeks or more before I can get my equipment back, if she doesn't sell it to one of her CB friends here in Parkersburg, WV. I will send payment back. embarrassment this has caused me.
no form of communication at my home while recovering from my broken ribs and run over leg. No email access at work either, forbidden.
Listing #842703 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by Callsign N8IBZ, Modified on 08/04/10