N2XD John Chmielewski Bad Transaction

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KH7WW

N2XD John Chmielewski Bad Transaction

Post by KH7WW »

I want everyone on QTH to know about my dealings with John N2XD that just transpired. We agreed on a trade, his Icom IC-7700 for my collector quality Collins 75S-3, 32S-3, 516F-2, 312B-3, 302C-3, Electrovoice 638 and 619 microphone and I pay an aditional $1,500, we also agreed to take care of our own shipping. I received the IC-7700 yeaterday and because of improper packaging the case rubbed the sides of the box and scrathed the case on the sides and on top, after I tried the radio into my dummy load I also discovered there was no RF output. John agreed to buy a new case but when I mentioned about the no output he became hostile and accusive, he insinuated that I had commited some foul play at my end. He said to send it to Icom and see what they say or send the radio back to him. I asked him what about my $1,500 that he has and the Collins that is still on its way, his response was he won't refund or send the Collins until he gets the radio. I told him that I would put a hold on the shipment that is in route until the Icom is fixed and he has paid for it. At this point there is no trust on either side, while I was trying to reason with him he said if you hold the Collins I will " blast you up and down the ham bands because you are obviously a con artist" he then hung up the phone on me. He leaves me no choice but to hold or return my Collins gear back to me. If you look up my feedback kh7ww, I always conduct business with the utmost respect and trust for the other fellow ham invloved. I am sorry it had to come to this. My best 73's to all. Jim kh7ww
kk4aq

this trade gone sour

Post by kk4aq »

after reading this post i came to a few conclutions and they are as follows. i think both you gentlemen are probably straight up guys. i learned a long time ago that anything man made is like a woman. subject to fly all to peices at any time.especially electronic stuff. you both need to push yourselves back from the table and let the smoke clear. i know at 1 point in time you both trusted each other for some big bucks. i think all will come out ok in this trade if you both keep your cool and do the right thing for both parties concerned ! it may turn into a goodfriendship in the future for both you guys. best of luck and just my 2 cents. ralph/kk4aq
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

This is indeed a bad deal for both and i agree with KK4AQ other than i question whether this could end up being a friendship. Surely both of you can work out a compromise of sorts. I assume the 7700 did not come in it's factory box for shipping. This is a really unfortunite deal good luck to both...
Larry Huff K0pd
N2XD

my side

Post by N2XD »

What Mr.Chaney has failed to state is that I offered to pay for the repairs to the 7700 if they were made by Icom.He has received the new top and bottom covers.He has his Collins equiptment.So all I received for the 7700 is $1500.He is the one who failed to proceed with the transaction.I have had it with his lies and have given up,it is just not worth the trouble.He made out even if he gets it repaired and sells it,but he has to live with himself.Anyone who has delt with me knows hoe upright I am.
kk4aq

think i was wrong with my prediction

Post by kk4aq »

jim i think you need to step up to the bat and ship john his radio back with old and new covers COD for the $1500.00 he received from you. since you stopped delivery on the radios you sent i think it only fair you pay to get his 7700 back to him. this is about the only honorable thing to do now. sometimes things just dont work out as in this case. the more i read on here the more i dont want to ship anything. hope i got the names in the right order. again just my 2 cents !!
KH7WW

N2xd

Post by KH7WW »

What John has failed to mention is that I offered to send back his radio COD for $1,500 and he pays for any shipping expenses I incured since he was the one who sent me a bad radio, he declined to pay for my extra shipping expenses, instead he said, "keep the radio its not worth me dealing with it anymore". John wasted no time accusing me of sabotaging the deal (purposely damaging the radio) because he thinks I would rather have a IC-7800 instead. This is going to be one of those he said I said etc. John also failed to mention that when I first spoke to him about this issue he threatened to slander me all over the ham bands and slammed the phone down. If anyone wants to know the truth you can E mail me and I will forward our E mails. John's last statement to me after he said keep the radio it is not worth dealing with it anymore was "This discussion is closed". E mail me at jchny@aol.com and I will forward our E mails.

73, Jim
N2XD

I have given up

Post by N2XD »

I think it is apparent why I have given up.I welcome anyone to write to Mr.Chaney and look at the e-mails.Providing he supplies all the e-mails.This discusion is closed as far as I am concerned.Life is to short for this.
KH7WW

Post by KH7WW »

I agree with John. This discussion is closed.....