MICHAEL MCLAUGHLIN KB1LMI STRIKES AGAIN

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AIN

MICHAEL MCLAUGHLIN KB1LMI STRIKES AGAIN

Post by W4AIN »

Not a good fellow to deal with, this KB1LMI....does not accurately describe items he sells (not even close) and leaves you with a quivering unsettled feeling in the pit of your stomach. Admittedly, it was my fault for buying from him...However, in my defense, this was an eBay transaction and I did not know who I was buying from until after the auction ended. Be advised he is selling under the eBay ID of ddis1lrgd.
Bought a TT-234 described as excellent condition. Was good condition at best (physically) and inoperable electrically. Auction ended on 6/9/10...I paid on 6/11 and was told it would ship on 6/14....I requested confirmation of shipping on 6/14, 6/15, 6/16 with no reply. Requested again on 6/17 and was told (quite rudely) that his 'shipper' had shipped the item that day but I would have to wait a few more days for proof of shipping. Thankfully, I received the item on 6/19. Even though the auction offered 3-day return policy, I did not trust him to refund my money had I returned the item. He ignored all emails that I sent to him. Now, on to file a claim with eBay. Wish me luck.
This is my experience, your mileage may vary.
Last edited by W4AIN on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
W4AIN

Update to transaction

Post by W4AIN »

After several attempts to contact Michael, via email, I did not get a reply. Even though the deal was sour, I was able to repair the TT-234 at a cost of $45.00. I then filed a claim with eBay. Michael did not reply to eBay, either, so eBay refunded the $45.00 to me that I was out for repair of the unit.

Lesson learned:
DO NOT DEAL WITH KB1LMI IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN HONEST TRANSACTION
Phil - W4AIN
www.w4ain.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Tnx Phil for identifying who was using that E Bay name as i've seen it on numerous E Bay items. You probably saved a few people there time and money.
Larry Huff K0pd
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

This post was removed by W4AIN
Last edited by W4AIN on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil - W4AIN
www.w4ain.com
w0bkr

KB1LMI

Post by w0bkr »

I sold him something once without issue, but I wasn't aware of who he was as he changed his ID on Ebay...

Always try and check the QTH also, that sometimes is a give away also..thought he go rounded up by the Cops some time ago, but sad to say, he along with some other less then honest individuals keep duping individuals on Escam and other swap boards....
wb9njb

ddis1lrgd

Post by wb9njb »

Well, I guess I was lucky. I purchased a Drake R-7 described as "excellent", and from his personal collection. The radio was shipped timely, and it arrived without incident. The radio was as described and works very well. He was courteous in my dealings. For what its worth. K0GFY
N8ERM

Use this forum please.

Post by N8ERM »

Use of the feedback forum here, Safe Trading Tips here, google, and the other trader sites for information really works. The $ you will save will still be in your pocket to spend with an honest ham.
Play nice and be fair please,
Terry N8ERM