Nevermind

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC9QKX

Nevermind

Post by KC9QKX »

Nevermind - do what you like :) -
Last edited by KC9QKX on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

And your point is?

If you NEVER messed with a high power CB of some kind either a modified ham or anything like it , Speak...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kg8lb

Re: See LIsting 833092 - High Power CB Radio?

Post by kg8lb »

KC9QKX wrote:833092 is the listing number - it's a ham-o-matic Cobra 200 - this one is tuned to 11 meter channel 40! If I remember, these are 100 or 200 watt output radios!
Is QTH the next Ebay? Will we be seeing Dave Made and Texas Stars with Galaxy pills radios?
Wow, just amazing!
Actually Ebay will usually pull the illegal CB ads when notified..
Given the backgrounds of the new ham breed, many here will likely appreciate the listing..

Of course, if no one notifies , the ads may stay. It would be nice if Ebay would self-police. Note the emphasis on "WHEN NOTIFIED"
Last edited by kg8lb on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OK, So where are the filters now ?
KC9QKX

Well -

Post by KC9QKX »

10-4 good buddy! ? Is that good for ya?
Last edited by KC9QKX on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC9QKX

Everyone overlooks the point!

Post by KC9QKX »

Everyone overlloked / over shot the point - I guess I shoudl have considered the level I am speaking with?

Actually Ebay will usually pull the illegal CB ads when notified..
Given the backgrounds of the new ham breed, many here will likely appreciate the listing..[/quote]
Last edited by KC9QKX on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
K9XR

?????

Post by K9XR »

I can remember when it was said that ex-smokers or ex-drinkers were the worst about pointing out the bad habits of others. I wonder if that is true with radio as well?
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

I have heard truisms are not often true.But you may have a point in some cases.

Never smoked,very seldom drink and never owned or operated a CB outside of my 100 mW Knight Kit handheld ,vintage 1962 and my old Min-X galloping Ghost Radio control unit.. Hardly high power or illegal.

Since I have no use for the stuff,never bothered to read ads for illegal CB gear.

So, who counts the CB amps on Ebay anyhow ?
KC9QKX wrote:Everyone overlloked / over shot the point - I guess I shoudl have considered the level I am speaking with?
Of course proper spelling is basic to written communications. At least a good starting point. Sorry you are not pleased to find we are not at your level.
Last edited by kg8lb on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
localjunkpeddler

Re: ?????

Post by localjunkpeddler »

K9XR wrote:I can remember when it was said that ex-smokers or ex-drinkers were the worst about pointing out the bad habits of others. I wonder if that is true with radio as well?

..........................................................BINGO !!....................................................
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Don't be so paranoid, I wasn't even referring to you.

kg8lb wrote:I have heard truisms are not often true.Not sure what to think about that.
Never smoked,very seldom drink and never owned or operated a CB outside of my 100 mW Knight Kit handheld ,vintage 1962 and my old Min-X galloping Ghost Radio control unit.. Hardly high power or illegal.

So much for your truism.

I have heard illegal CBers often think all hams came from CB.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

OK, Thanks
localjunkpeddler wrote: ..........................................................BINGO !!....................................................
Maybe you had a point there.
Last edited by kg8lb on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
kg8lb

Re: Well -

Post by kg8lb »

KC9QKX wrote:10-4 good buddy! ? Is that good for ya?

10-4 ? Are you a cop ? I used to watch "Highway Patrol" . Broderick Crawford used to say that on his police radio. That could explain a lot !

Those old police 10 codes would be a real pain with CW eh ?