Shipping a Yaesu FT-101, FR-101 or FL-101

Discussion of various shipping and packing methods, tips and tricks.
w4clm

Shipping a Yaesu FT-101, FR-101 or FL-101

Post by w4clm »

When shipping your FT-101, FR-101, FL-101 or other transceiver that has a spinner knob sticking out of the front of the transceiver. You should always remove the spinner knob and tape it inside the radio in a plastic bag. If the shipper drops the box on the front of the radio often the spinner knob will puncture throught the box shoving the knob back into the VFO and creating a real problem for the rigs owner.
Carol L. Maher
W4CLM

If you would Like to learn more about the FT-101 & Accesories or any other Yaesu product, please feel free to join in at Fox Tango International @ Yahoo Groups.

ATTENTION FT-101 OWNERS & YAESU EQUIPMENT OWNERS!

Image [url=http://www.http://groups.yahoo.co ... ango![url]

"I am writing to suggest that you join with me an other owners of the Yaesu FT-101 in an informal association which we might call the Fox-Tango Group. It would serve as a sort of benovelent, protective, mutual aid and perhaps social club, essentially for the prupose of interchanging information, ideas, experiences and problems"

These were the words of Milton Lowens (N4ML) when he started the Fox Tango Club in 1972, which was dedicated to the exchange of information about the Yaesu FT-101 amateur radio transceiver. The club published the FT Newsletter from 1972 until 1985. I was a member of the Fox Tango Group from 1977 to 1985. I still remember that I could hardly wait to receive each month's issue of the Fox Tango New letter jam packed with modifications and user suggestions for my beloved FT-101.

In an effort to keep the Fox Tango flame burning and continue the interchange of information to enhace the effectiveness of these old rigs. I invited you to join the Fox Tango Club at Yahoo goups.

Topics of discussion will cover the FT-101, FT-101B, FT-101E, through the FT-101F, FL-2100B including all Yaesu accesories. Yaesu Twins FR-101, FL-101, FT-620B, FT-220, FT-221, FT-101ZD, FL-2100Z, FT-901, FT-901DM, FT-102, FT-757Gx, GXII, FT-767, FT-7, FT-7B, FT-227R, CPU-2500R and other more recent models as well.

Welcome to the International Fox Tango Club at Yahoo Groups.
C.L. Maher
W4CLM

Organized 1971 By & For Owners of Yaesu Equipment (ML N4ML)
K4ICL

Beware of the GORILLA...

Post by K4ICL »

An even better solution would be to double box the rig after wrapping with at least two inches of bubble pack.

See: A GORILLA, LARGER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE, WILL THROW IT... Posted elsewhere in this section.

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL