BEEN HAD AGAIN --THIS TIME BY *JOEL H. LEVY AE2JL*

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7FF

BEEN HAD AGAIN --THIS TIME BY *JOEL H. LEVY AE2JL*

Post by K7FF »

Earlier this montg I responded to a listing by JOEL H. LEVY AE2JL for a Vibroplex Brass Racer described as 'very nice condition'. The picture he had included in earlier listings wasn't included, but I mistakenly assumed it was the same one, which looked to be in good condition.

I opened the box today--the keyer is a piece of junk--maybe a 4 out of 10.

I don't hold out much hope that he will come clean and refund my PayPal payment--if he does I will add that info to this thread--if not, I will also add that info.
K7FF

$30. REFUND OFFERED BY JOEL H. LEVY AE2JL

Post by K7FF »

JOEL H. LEVY AE2JL has offered me a $30. partial refund on the
Vibroplex Brass Racer 'to make it simpler'.
It is not worth the difference.
If he doesn't make the full PayPal refund today, Saturday, I will offer the keyer FREE on QTH.com to anyone willing to pay the postgage.
JOELHOWARD

Post by JOELHOWARD »

I offered to refund Derek's payment ( $63) less shipping- $10.70- he REFUSED. I then told him he could KEEP the EK-1 and I would refund him $30-,REFUSED.This EK-1 was checked out by Vibroplex in Knoxville about two months ago and aside from the poor cosmetics was found to be operating satisfactorily. The battery is NEW - value $7-10, the instructions are complete from Vibroplex. I believe Derek is being quite unreasonable in his comments about me.- Joel H. Levy AE2JL
K7FF

...aside from the poor cosmetics...

Post by K7FF »

This is the ad message from the listing I replied to>
Ad Message:
>>> Vibroplex Brass Racer paddles with built-in EK-1 keyer, adjustable
>>> speed,
>>> dot/dash insertion in a hardwood base.Nice cosmetic condition, works
>>> fine.NEW, REDUCED PRICE-$61, shipped includes a NEW 7 volt battery and
>>> original instructions.
Please note the portion 'Nice cosmetic condition'.
Now, read AE2JL's post, which contains> 'aside from the poor cosmetics...'
I gave AE2JL enough rope and he just hung himself.
w8jn

how i do business

Post by w8jn »

derek,
check my ad on qth.com for a parting out ic-781. i list the parts as fully guaranteed or a full refund plus shipping both ways from me. i am amazed that someone would destroy their reputation for $10-$20.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn

by the way here is his ad listing
"dot/dash insertion in a hardwood base.Nice cosmetic condition,"

here is his follow up comment
"aside from the poor cosmetics was found to be operating satisfactorily"

joel, unfortunately, you misrepresented the item by your own admission. you need to eat shipping both ways and give him a 100% refund
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

A bit confused by all this. I am ASSUMING (yah yah I know what happens) he knows how to use the EK-1. Why else would he have it? Why did he then send it off to be checked for proper operation?

Oh by the way, I am 40 mi from Knoxville. Nothing to do with Vibroplex listed in the biz directory.

di di dah dah di dit
kk9a

Do the right thing

Post by kk9a »

Both parties seem to agree that the Vibroplex was in poor physical condition, yet the ad says nice cosmetic condition. This is false advertising. Do the right thing, AE2JL and return all of K7FF's expenses.
JOELHOWARD

Post by JOELHOWARD »

I have read the comments regarding the transaction and now have sent an e-mail to K7FF offering to refund ALL of his monies PLUS pay for shipping back to me.
K7FF

ALL QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT.

Post by K7FF »

It looks like JOEL LEVY, AE2JL. has gone underground. I haven't heard from him since yesterday, and he hasn't made the PayPal refund.
I am going to pick one of the responses to my offer to give away the keyer today and notify him where to PayPal the shipping cost.
As a final thought, I wonder if Mr. Levy had trouble looking in the mirror this morning--naw, probably not...
K7FF

Post by K7FF »

It appears that JOEL LEVY's, AE2JL, last post was added while I was typing my last post.
I checked, and he indeed made that offer to refund..
I will add another post when things play out.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I saw your ad where you were offering the Key free. So now how will that play out if he indeed does refund your money?
Larry Huff K0pd
K7FF

FULL REFUND WITH RETURN SHIPPING RECEIVED

Post by K7FF »

JOEL LEVY, AE2JL, just made a full refund with return shipping for the
keyer--which is all I asked him to do in the first place.
I intend to ship the keyer back to him Monday.
THANIKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED OUT!!!
w8jn

outstanding

Post by w8jn »

derek.... sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. this time you got the bear... congratulations!
happy hoss trading paul w8jn

ps joel, you did the right thing and saved your reputation.....