Bad experience with W8YG

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W2KJ

Bad experience with W8YG

Post by W2KJ »

I recently bought a TR4C from David Powell, W8YG, who advertised it on QTH.COM. as containing a Noise Blanker

The radio arrived without a Noise Blanker in it.

He has refused to take the radio back or even offer a partial refund due to it not having the Noise Blanker.

Exercise caution if you decide to buy anything from this person.

73, Joe W2KJ
eric

Post by eric »

Did you ask him to see pics of the radio inside and out? I always ask to see pics. If they balk or tell me the camera is broke or they dont have one thats a deal breaker for me. I like to see what im getting. Its like going on a date. Would you date someone on a blind date? NOT ME!

K9FON
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
W9DMW-2

Pictures not always needed, But would be nice.

Post by W9DMW-2 »

eric wrote:Did you ask him to see pics of the radio inside and out? I always ask to see pics. If they balk or tell me the camera is broke or they dont have one thats a deal breaker for me. I like to see what im getting. Its like going on a date. Would you date someone on a blind date? NOT ME!

K9FON
First of all, Normally I would not even post a comment on this one, But the fact that K9FON, States that is would be a Deal Breaker if some one did not send pictures is kind of a dumb. I do not mean any type of disrespect to Mr. K9FON, But not everyone has the pocket book to afford a digital camera these days. So that to me would not be a determining factor to Not buy the item, If you ask the right questions, Get a quick and proper response, I think as in a TRUE Ham spirit, That should work, We should be men of HONOR, yet I know at times by some of the post's, You would question that. It is also Mr.K9FON's right to buy as he pleases and set his own buying guidelines, I have no concern with that. Just my 2 cents. Oh and by the way, I wonder why they call it a blind date ?????. It's just that. A Blind Date, What you do after you meet the person is up to you.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, AND GOD BLESS..... 73'S DON W9DMW
W8YG

W8YG

Post by W8YG »

I have waited long enough to reply to this gentleman. 1. I did send him pictures of the radio. 2 The radio did have a noise blanker. 3. The radio was on the air not only on the Drake net but on 3865 on a regular basis. 4. The so called gentleman got the radio and said that it was not working but that he had opened the radio and made some repairs. I spent 400 bucks getting that radio serviced by one of the top Drake guys in the country and who is a regular on the Drake net.
5. If the radio did not work he should have asked me right then for his money back. But if you open a radio I sell you and you tell me about it. I am not taking it back.6. I have had many sales on QTH and with other hams and this flaming idiot is trying to hustle me. He asked me for 175 dollars back on a radio that I sold his cheap dishonest senile old donkey butt for 350 shipped. A broke TR4C in the 10 condition that I sent to him is worth that much.
But yet he is going to get on here and try to accuse me of treating him unfairly.
And lie his old crusty butt off.
Well as far as I am concerned you could have called me on the phone you had my number.
I also found out that you can sell the noise blanker from the Drake tr4c for about 125.00.
I personally believe you took it out and sold it.
And last but not least you senile old goat roping reprobate I have every single email that you sent me and even the one that you were rambling on about a speaker.
Now as for the rest of you think whatever you want. The deal is done. YOU CAN ASK OBAMA FOR YOUR MONEY BACK because you need stimulus in your brain.
w8jn

love it

Post by w8jn »

"you senile old goat roping reprobate"

Dave, now that is funny..... i need to remember this quote and use it in one of my flamming posts. this is great hihi.
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
ps, dave i vote for you and give you my support strictly on "poetic license" heheheh "goat roping reprobate".... har har har.....
W2KJ

Post by W2KJ »

I don't normally check my feedback but did today and noticed that W8YG has again said he sold me a TR4C WITH the noise blanker.

I can only assume that this gentleman has a memory problem because the radio DID NOT contain the noise blanker.

He refused to offer me a refund in spite of the fact that he misrepresented the radio he sold to me. The radio DID NOT work after I received it...the PTO shield was not properly seated causing the radio not to work...anyone who has worked with Drake gear knows that the PTO shield must be secured properly.

This PTO problem probably happened as a result of shipping...no biggie but i had to troubleshoot the radio to get it working again.

I don't know why fellow hams treat their colleagues so poorly but I would strongly recommend against buying anything from W8YG.

Check my feedback and make your own decisions.

73, Joe W2KJ
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Damn it, I still don't know if this radio had a noise blanker or not. It seems to be a he said she said. How can we determine for sure it it had one or not?
donate life