HR 2510 where to sell?

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
Pierre

HR 2510 where to sell?

Post by Pierre »

I live in Canada and I have an HR 2510 that I want to sell, better that than throw it out in the garbage since I need the room more than the radio now that I'm done my CB/Ham hobby days. It's been kicked off of e-bay 3 times for being ilegal, and I read more about it on this site. I understand that in the USA they take this stuff real seriously, but in Canada it doesn't seem to be as big a deal. Where can I sell my radio.

Pierre
pcomire@rogers.com
Happy_Hamer

Post by Happy_Hamer »

http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub

Or send it to me I will throw it in the garbage for you :wink:
Happy_Hamer

Post by Happy_Hamer »

http://p067.ezboard.com/fworldwidecbradioclubfrm116

Same page as above just directly to the for sale section,,,again another free section but you do have to register which is also free
AB8RU

Uniden info.

Post by AB8RU »

The FCC listed that radio as a UNCERTIFIED RADIO the reason is that the radio has an internal torroid problem and has the tendency to destroy the finals.

next the radio failed the test engineering info. that showed a probilillity that may not met FCC stringent specs. as to harmonics, TVI, with a spectrum analyizer.

the radio was modifiable for 26.000 Mhz. to 30.000 Mhz. such as a jumper. that in itself is why it was failed.

and probable host of other problems the FCC does have a list of Illeagle radios from memory

GALAXY

UNIDEN

RCI CERTAIN MODELS EXCEPT 6METER

ANY EXPORT RADIO

ANY RADIO CLASSED AS CB WITH A FM SWITCH

:idea:
Mark A. Holman AB8RU, CRO
Assoc. Member SBE
W4FJF

hr2510

Post by W4FJF »

Somebody could use it for parts. After all, even an illegal xcvr has its uses, as long as its unusable in its original form. You can throw it in my garbage can, I'll see that its components are used well enough.
FRED/W4FJF - EMAIL: ffuhrer@elmore.rr.com
Be careful: The toes you stomp on today may be attached to the butt you may have to kiss tomorrow!
Happy_Hamer

Re: Uniden info.

Post by Happy_Hamer »

AB8RU wrote:The FCC listed that radio as a UNCERTIFIED RADIO the reason is that the radio has an internal torroid problem and has the tendency to destroy the finals.

next the radio failed the test engineering info. that showed a probilillity that may not met FCC stringent specs. as to harmonics, TVI, with a spectrum analyizer.

[/b][/color] :idea:
Pierre
Good thing your from CANADA hope you sold the radio before the HAM POLICE,,arrive!!,, theres a picture of one below now !!!! RUH ROH!!!